Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Shane proved he is still a force and he is not as old as I thought he would be.

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default Shane proved he is still a force and he is not as old as I thought he would be.

Despite the loss, Shane is still a force. What should Shane do now? I would go after Cintron and maybe look for another fight against Cotto? Possible? I don't think Shane is done by no means. He gave Cotto more than I expected in a very close fight. Thoughts?......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shane proved he is still a force and he is not as old as I thought he would

Yeah man. I agree. Moslye's not done at all. I thought Cotto was gonna knock him out in 8. I must of have been on the pipe when I said that. This fight was stupid close. I had Cotto winning by 3 rounds, but that could be biased becuase I was watching in PR. But if Mosely were to have gotten the decision I wouldn't have been surprised because is was so close.

I think Mosley should keep taking the biggest money fights at welter. I would like him to fight Margarito or even the loser of Mayweather Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shane proved he is still a force and he is not as old as I thought he would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    Despite the loss, Shane is still a force. What should Shane do now? I would go after Cintron and maybe look for another fight against Cotto? Possible? I don't think Shane is done by no means. He gave Cotto more than I expected in a very close fight. Thoughts?......
    Right now...I think Cotto needs a bit of a long break. Maybe till the middle of next year.

I want those cuts from the Judah fight to heal up a bit more completely...scar tissue needs to start working...plus...he's been awfully damned active in 2007.

I'm with you on the Cintron fight...I'd rather him stay away from Floyd or Margarito for right now.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shane proved he is still a force and he is not as old as I thought he would be.

Even though I'am a big fan of Mosley I'm glad Cotto won, that is not the version of Mosley i'd like to see step in the ring against PBF.

Great win for Cotto he looks better every time out.

Cotto v Margarito is next and after today i can't wait.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdoo
    Even though I'am a big fan of Mosley I'm glad Cotto won, that is not the version of Mosley i'd like to see step in the ring against PBF.

Great win for Cotto he looks better every time out.

Cotto v Margarito is next and after today i can't wait.
    I like Tony but he has nothing to offer. He needs to get back after Cintron or Williams and then come back at Cotto with a belt. Why is Cotto fighting and beating all the tough fighters and yet there is no reward for Cotto. Miguel now has to think about unifying since I said he would do it by end of 2008. Cotto needs to fight Cintron, Williams and PBF. I think in that order would be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shane proved he is still a force and he is not as old as I thought he would

yeah i agree, mosley should not retire after this loss. he clearly can still be a top player at 147

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know. I thought Shane was showing his age. He still has the heart and chin of a champ, and he obviously still has talent, but he just didn't look in his prime last night. Sugar Shane in his prime would have been way more offensive, this Shane barely threw any combos and danced away for a good number of rounds. He looked sluggish to me.
    "The refusal to respect one's enemies is a weakness, a stinginess of heart." Frederick the Great

Thread Information