Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Does Judah Keep Getting Chances When He Doesn't Deserve Them ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Why Does Judah Keep Getting Chances When He Doesn't Deserve Them ??

Seeing the thread about Oscar vs Judah in the works and im just getting tired of Judah getting chances over and over again when other fighters in Welterweight division deserve these shots way more than Judah does anyone else agree ??

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Does Judah Keep Getting Chances When He Doesn't Deserve Them ??

Name recognition. Many people have heard of Zab Judah who are casual fans. Plus the sincere fans usually want to see him get knocked out so he draws those too!
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I concur with both of the above.

It's all down to name recognition I'm afraid.

It's the same thing that kept Mike Tyson's name up in lights, a full FIFTEEN years after his prime years!
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The name recognition along with the fact any fight with Judah will either be good or have drama....either way it sells tickets......sadly enough in boxing at times ticket sales are more important then anything...Eventually he will be used up and gone for good...we hope
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Zab has gotten chances in the past because he has a big name, and no matter what people say, he is an exciting fighter who many people (including myself) enjoy watching. That's why he got shots against guys like Mayweather and Cotto. In the Cotto fight, it was also because Zab is from Brooklyn, which was a big selling point since the fight was in NY at Madison Square Garden. He had a lot more drawing power in his hometown than someone like Margarito or Clottey would have.

If he fights DLH, then this is basically the same situation as the DLH-Mayorga fight. Oscar wants an opponent who has name recognition, but who should also be an opponent that Oscar can look good against and beat by KO. I don't think people should complain about Zab getting a shot against Oscar, it's not for a title belt and Oscar is the one handpicking the opponent, it's not like Zab getting a shot is robbing someone else of a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got tired of this guy a while back; though I still watch him fight hoping someone will put him to sleep. His name draws fans, so I guess it's good for boxing that way. I wish he'd fight some guys like Margarito or Williams, maybe Berto or Cintron, so their names can be more recognized. He'll be a regular contributor to FNF's next season I'm guessing.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if your talking about oscar, then iono y he chose judah to fight.

maybe he wants a warm up fight with a NAME, which will lead to a title fight with the winner of cotto vs. mayweather/hatton?

lol iono but i like zab judah i think he still has sumthing to prove, u guys are just to down on him
    mind over speed and power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was tired of Judah the very first time I saw him interviewed.

But as a boxer, he's a wasted talent as has been expounded time and time again.

I concur with SweatPea's comments.

Zab's a skilled boxer who really should have a shot against ... well, at least provide a very competitive fight with Oscar. Oscar's been in the position for a while that he's not fighting to establish a legacy. That's been done. Now he can fight if he wants. who he wants, when he wants. For money, for the sport of it. If Oscar didn't enjoy boxing, he wouldn't go through all the work of training for a fight with Judah or anyone else. He's obviously not struggling financially. I really do think that Oscar enjoys the challenge. He likes to box. No particular reason why he shouldn't fight Zab.

And Zab ... I don't mind seeing him get the opportunity. There's an appeal about Zab based on his under-achievement. Always a "what if?" quality about him. That undercurrent, the sense that he could have been one of the outstanding greats in the current era, it makes you always wonder what he might do this time out.

If he comes to fight and brings an A-game it will at any rate be a durn good fight to watch.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toogood4u
    if your talking about oscar, then iono y he chose judah to fight.

maybe he wants a warm up fight with a NAME, which will lead to a title fight with the winner of cotto vs. mayweather/hatton?

lol iono but i like zab judah i think he still has sumthing to prove, u guys are just to down on him
    Two down on him

No im just realistic correct me if im wrong here but Judah has alot skills but terrble mental game and has lost all his major fights except for Cory Spinks what is he going to prove in future and against whom ?? Judah is basically a stepping stone now for the elite level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judah keeps getting chances because everyone feels he is an easy Win just like Gatti was. No one will keep giving him chances if they truly thought he was a great threat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i agree. judah seems to be getting rewarded for getting a ass kicking

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ds91
    i agree. judah seems to be getting rewarded for getting a a** kicking
    About time someone was paid for getting their ass kicked.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1 fighting ODH is IN NO WAY (other then financially) a reward at this point, if he wasnt ODH he would have been forgotten after bhop KTFO him

2 judah is fighting on some bullshit channel that NOBODY has

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are Margarito and Williams invisible? or do they have the worst management in the history of Boxing?
    Is Forrest totally unmarketable? I find it strange that DLH fights only once a year and he wants Judah?
    Time is running out for DLH and unless he is planning to fight twice in 2008 this talk is pointless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Does Judah Keep Getting Chances When He Doesn\'t Deserve Them ??

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    Are Margarito and Williams invisible? or do they have the worst management in the history of Boxing?
    Is Forrest totally unmarketable? I find it strange that DLH fights only once a year and he wants Judah?
    Time is running out for DLH and unless he is planning to fight twice in 2008 this talk is pointless.
    Forrest is very unmarketable. He\'s a boring fighter
    The wicked shall die by there own wickedness.

Thread Information