Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virgil Hill storms out of presser+They did put him on the fight poster+Weigh-in

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Virgil Hill storms out of presser+They did put him on the fight poster+Weigh-in

WBA cruiserweight champion Virgil Hill (50-5, 23 KOs) was not in good humor at Monday's press conference in Dresden, Germany. Hill will face interim champion Firat Arslan (27-3-1, 18 KOs) in his long overdue mandatory defense. "I am deeply disappointed that I am not on the fight poster," said Hill. "Universum has made a mistake. I have never been treated like this, but nevertheless I am ready to fight. I apologize to the media and Firat Arslan..." finished Hill before storming out of the Grand Café & Restaurant Coselpalais...

The rest here...
    http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...kRkONImVb.html

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Virgil Hill storms out of presser...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss
    WBA cruiserweight champion Virgil Hill (50-5, 23 KOs) was not in good humor at Monday's press conference in Dresden, Germany. Hill will face interim champion Firat Arslan (27-3-1, 18 KOs) in his long overdue mandatory defense. "I am deeply disappointed that I am not on the fight poster," said Hill. "Universum has made a mistake. I have never been treated like this, but nevertheless I am ready to fight. I apologize to the media and Firat Arslan..." finished Hill before storming out of the Grand Café & Restaurant Coselpalais...

The rest here...

He should definatley be on promo..Hey he just Got His promo here.good work Virgil LOl.
    I never liked Hill but he has always shown class.Not big on walking out on media and Arslan though!
    Maybe he should wait for Maske to unretire again in another 10 years and go for trilogy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hill is the champion so I guess he has the right to be mad. He was gracious in giving Arslan props, hes always been a class act.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins

The rest here...

He should definatley be on promo..Hey he just Got His promo here.good work Virgil LOl.
    I never liked Hill but he has always shown class.Not big on walking out on media and Arslan though!
    Maybe he should wait for Maske to unretire again in another 10 years and go for trilogy
    Well he did apologize to Arslan before he stormed out. I say good for him. If they can't put his face on the promo then why even show up to the press conference? That's the way I'd feel about it. Let Arslan talk to himself since he's the only one who got his mug put up.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truth is Virgil Hill has been shit on his whole career....The guy has always been a quality fighter and always acted like a gentlemen.....He has a pretty damn good record and used to hold some record at LHW...maybe most defenses in a row?,,,,ICB would know.....I like the guy...not flashy pretty much just a basic go in and do your job guy but one of those guys you really can say nothing bad about.....

To not put his face on the poster is a shame on the promoter
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    Truth is Virgil Hill has been S*** on his whole career....The guy has always been a quality fighter and always acted like a gentlemen.....He has a pretty damn good record and used to hold some record at LHW...maybe most defenses in a row?,,,,ICB would know.....I like the guy...not flashy pretty much just a basic go in and do your job guy but one of those guys you really can say nothing bad about.....

He never really blew up outside of Dakota territory and I think his style has always been held against him.Has flashed signs of Fierceness though...KO 1 James Kinchen (who was 1 year removed from Robbery against Hearns Imo) was a jaw dropper.Pulverized Tiozzo in shocker In 1st.Classy guy indeed
    Should have faced Michael moorer though,would have been great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins
    Truth is Virgil Hill has been S*** on his whole career....The guy has always been a quality fighter and always acted like a gentlemen.....He has a pretty damn good record and used to hold some record at LHW...maybe most defenses in a row?,,,,ICB would know.....I like the guy...not flashy pretty much just a basic go in and do your job guy but one of those guys you really can say nothing bad about.....

He never really blew up outside of Dakota territory and I think his style has always been held against him.Has flashed signs of Fierceness though...KO 1 James Kinchen (who was 1 year removed from Robbery against Hearns Imo) was a jaw dropper.Pulverized Tiozzo in shocker In 1st.Classy guy indeed
    Should have faced Michael moorer though,would have been great.

Yeah a fight with Moorer would have been PPV worthy....It is a shame that the sport overlooks guys like Hill...who never do anything to disgrace the title or embaress the game itself...Its guys like that who deserve the big money...but hey boxing lives off drama and if you don't have any your lost in the shuffle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truth is Virgil Hill has been shit on his whole career....The guy has always been a quality fighter and always acted like a gentlemen.....He has a pretty damn good record and used to hold some record at LHW...maybe most defenses in a row?,,,,ICB would know.....I like the guy...not flashy pretty much just a basic go in and do your job guy but one of those guys you really can say nothing bad about.....

he made something like 20 defences in two different reigns as light heavyweight champ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont those people know that Hill is the WBA "Regular" Crusierweight Champion. You dont become the "Regular" Champ for nothing. Sure he is not the WBA "Super" Cruiser weight champion. But at least he is not the WBA "Interim" Crusierweight Champion like Arslan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very disrespectful imo......wouldn't have bothred me but i can see why hill said fuck em and bounced.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hill aint even the real champ he's a chump Haye is the man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar
    Very disrespectful imo......wouldn't have bothred me but i can see why hill said F*** em and bounced.

If you have been fighting as long as Hill accomplishing what he has over the years, held a world title and had that happen to you I promise it would have bothered you....

The disrespect was not having the world champion on the poster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Virgil Hill storms out of presser...They did put him on the fight poster...

WBA cruiserweight champion Virgil Hill was a much happier person after Universum Box-Promotion printed new fight posters with Hill's image prominently displayed...

The rest here: http://www.fightnews.com/universum190.htm

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Virgil Hill storms out of presser...They did put him on the fight poster...

WBA cruiserweight champion Virgil Hill was a much happier person after Universum Box-Promotion printed new fight posters with Hill's image prominently displayed...

The way it should have been in the first place....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way it should have been in the first place....
    Damn straight!!!! Ridiculous it wasn't on there before, and he had to act out to get his due. Good for him
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Thread Information