Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Quintana v Judah in the works of Pav-JT 2 undercard

Zab is not good enough to beat elite fighters, and he never will be. But that doesn't mean he's not a viable fighter. He's still a top 7 or 8 welterweight and someone worth watching.

When Zab is in shape, he can't beat top fighters, but he can be very competitive with them. He looked very good against Floyd for the first half of the fight (which is longer than most fighters can hang with Floyd), and also fought with a lot of heart against Cotto.

He's not the great fighter some people thought he could be, but he's not the scrub that the Zab haters make him out to be either.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya
    Tittle

Battle of the Cotto Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    I refuse to recognize Zab as a contender.
    I don't care what hes done, I care about what he's doing.

The day Zab's a** retires I'll be one happy person. Preferably I'd like to see him go out by KO.

Amen to that!! I hope Quintana slaps him silly, but he'll just go on FNF's and beat up a couple more bums so he feels better about himself before his next "comeback". I wish they'd put him in with Margarito so Tony could finish it once and for all and ruin him permanently. Tired of seeing him go off to Disneyland in big fights and getting that glazed eyed, deer in the headlight look. It's starting to feel like deja-vu watching him fall apart.
    I'm serious when I say Zabs the Tyson of the lower welters. People love to watch him fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    Zab is not good enough to beat elite fighters, and he never will be. But that doesn't mean he's not a viable fighter. He's still a top 7 or 8 welterweight and someone worth watching.
    7 or 8 is being really niece to him.
    I have him at number 10. IMO anything higher then 8 is pretty bad. I mean the guys 3-2 and 1 NC in his last fights hes gone the distance with 2 fighters that any of the other top welters would blast out in a couple of rounds. Worth watching I agree, cause hes loud and abnoxious and people want to see what stupid shit hes gonna do next.

When Zab is in shape, he can't beat top fighters, but he can be very competitive with them. He looked very good against Floyd for the first half of the fight (which is longer than most fighters can hang with Floyd), and also fought with a lot of heart against Cotto.
    For the 1st half SweetPea..... As honest as I can be Zab looked the part for about the 1st 3 rounds of the fight after that it was all PBF. With maybe an occasional punch by Zab somewhere along.

He's not the great fighter some people thought he could be, but he's not the scrub that the Zab haters make him out to be either.
    Well I guess time will show that today he is not the fighter people want him to be. He will fall apart time and time again.
    He's a scrub because like I said he talks the talk but he sure as hell can't walk it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean the guys 3-2 and 1 NC in his last fights hes gone the distance with 2 fighters that any of the other top welters would blast out in a couple of rounds.
    The one NC was about 2 seconds away from being a first round KO. His opponent was lucky enough to get caught with an inadvertant elbow and avoid getting knocked out.

The 2 losses were to Mayweather and Cotto, who by my count have a combined career record of 69-0. Losing to Mayweather and Cotto doesn't make you a scrub fighter.

As I said, Zab is what he is. He's not a champion, and never will be. He will never beat someone on the Mayweather/Cotto level. And that fact means he has something in common with 99.9999% of the other welterweights in the world.

I would challenge anyone to name 6 or 7 welterweights who would give both Floyd and Cotto tougher fights than the ones Zab gave them. Mosley, Williams, Margarito, Clottey, Cintron.... I wouldn't go beyond that. Berto needs to do more than beat David Estrada before I put him above Zab.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean the guys 3-2 and 1 NC in his last fights hes gone the distance with 2 fighters that any of the other top welters would blast out in a couple of rounds.
    The one NC was about 2 seconds away from being a first round KO. His opponent was lucky enough to get caught with an inadvertant elbow and avoid getting knocked out.

The 2 losses were to Mayweather and Cotto, who by my count have a combined career record of 69-0. Losing to Mayweather and Cotto doesn't make you a scrub fighter.

As I said, Zab is what he is. He's not a champion, and never will be. He will never beat someone on the Mayweather/Cotto level. And that fact means he has something in common with 99.9999% of the other welterweights in the world.

I would challenge anyone to name more than 6 or 7 welterweights who would give both Floyd and Cotto tougher fights than the ones Zab gave them.
    Regardless of how the NC came it's still a NC.
    A loss is a loss.
    I agree on the looses to PBF & Cotto but we seem to not be talking about the "other" loss.
    I think what made me dislike Zab so much was/is his fans who have just about every excuse you can think of.
    SweetPea something tells me he would loose to Williams, Margarito & Cintron and I'd favor Berto over Zab also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would challenge anyone to name more than 6 or 7 welterweights who would give both Floyd and Cotto tougher fights than the ones Zab gave them.
    A loss is a loss.
    I agree on the looses to PBF & Cotto but we seem to not be talking about the "other" loss.
    I think what made me dislike Zab so much was/is his fans who have just about every excuse you can think of.
    SweetPea something tells me he would loose to Williams, Margarito & Cintron and I'd favor Berto over Zab also.
    I need to see more of Berto before I put him at or above Zab. I agree with you that Williams, Margarito, Cintron (and Mosley) would beat Zab. But this is my point... 147 is LOADED. Just because you're not a top 5 welter, that doesn't make you a scrub. Even the 10th or 11th best guy at 147 could be Top 2 or 3 in other divisions, 147 is overflowing with talent.

I'm not one of those Zab fans that makes all types of excuses for him. He deserved to lose to Floyd, Cotto, Baldomir, Spinks, Tszyu... all of them. Zab is a tremendously flawed fighter and has brought all of his problems on himself with dumb decisions. But he's not as bad as you make him out to be. I think you're letting your personal dislike of him cloud your judgement a little bit here. Which is rare because you're usually dead-on in terms of evaluating fighters IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy.

The day Zab's a** retires I'll be one happy person. Preferably I'd like to see him go out by KO.

Why do you dislike Judah so much Mick?
    I rate him as a contender, his fights with Mayweather & Cotto showed he can be competitive! Put him in with anyone at 147 (Williams, Cintron, Collazo, Margarito, Clottey or Mosley) an it would be an exciting match-up! He would be even money with nearly all these guys at his best!
    I'm in this one with Mick...Zab's done.

Sure he looks good against these second raters...but why he keeps getting shot after shot is beyond me.

It's not just the fact that he shoots his mouth off...it's the fact that he never takes defeat admireably & he never stops acting a gotdam fool...win, lose, or draw.

I really really like Quintana.

I would love nothing more than to see him kick the piss outta Judah...but it's a tuffy to make the call on what he has left after getting dispatched so soundly by Cotto...both men actually.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

I rate him as a contender, his fights with Mayweather & Cotto showed he can be competitive! Put him in with anyone at 147 (Williams, Cintron, Collazo, Margarito, Clottey or Mosley) an it would be an exciting match-up! He would be even money with nearly all these guys at his best!

Sure he looks good against these second raters...but why he keeps getting shot after shot is beyond me.

It's not just the fact that he shoots his mouth off...it's the fact that he never takes defeat admireably & he never stops acting a gotdam fool...win, lose, or draw.

I would love nothing more than to see him kick the piss outta Judah...but it's a tuffy to make the call on what he has left after getting dispatched so soundly by Cotto...both men actually.
    for beating me to the punch Mick...for calling a douchebag a douchebag...before I was able to get to it...basically...beating me to the punch.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree Wacko this is a tough fight for both guys, I ain't a Judah fan but I favor him to dispatch Quintana!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's another Zab complaint that I don't get... what shots has he been getting that he doesn't deserve??

There is only one title shot that I think people could legitimately say he did not deserve... and that's the Mayweather fight. Zab lost to Baldomir, and was only still a beltholder because Baldomir dropped the belt. So Zab was basically a fake champion for the fight with Floyd. I can see the criticism for that.

But what other title shots has he not deserved? He deserved the Tszyu fight, Zab was considered a future star at that point and was actually a heavy favorite to beat Tszyu.

When he got a shot to fight Spinks for the welterweight crown... Floyd wasn't at 147 yet, Mosley was at 154, Spinks had already beaten Mayorga, Forrest was getting shoulder surgery and inactive, Margarito wasn't known yet and would lose to Daniel Santos that year, who else was there at 147 that was clearly more deserving than Zab? Zab only had 1 loss at that time, to a future HOFer in Tszyu.

The Cotto fight... Cotto was looking for a stepup in competition, but wasn't looking to fight someone TOO high just yet. It was a stepping stone fight. Margarito had turned the fight down. And it was in NYC, and Arum saw the value in having an opponent from NYC who would help draw fans. Enter Zab. There's no reason he didn't deserve that fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree Wacko this is a tough fight for both guys, I ain't a Judah fan but I favor him to dispatch Quintana!
    unfortunately...I agree...& I hate to. I really really liked Quintana. I think/thought that he was really sharpish & had some high hopes for him...but I truely believe that when beaten by Cotto...you kinda become damaged goods.

You feel me?

Kinda along the same lines that most Hopkins foes follow.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A loss is a loss.
    I need to see more of Berto before I put him at or above Zab. I agree with you that Williams, Margarito, Cintron (and Mosley) would beat Zab. But this is my point... 147 is LOADED. Just because you're not a top 5 welter, that doesn't make you a scrub. Even the 10th or 11th best guy at 147 could be Top 2 or 3 in other divisions, 147 is overflowing with talent.

I'm not one of those Zab fans that makes all types of excuses for him. He deserved to lose to Floyd, Cotto, Baldomir, Spinks, Tszyu... all of them. Zab is a tremendously flawed fighter and has brought all of his problems on himself with dumb decisions. But he's not as bad as you make him out to be. I think you're letting your personal dislike of him cloud your judgement a little bit here. Which is rare because you're usually dead-on in terms of evaluating fighters IMO.
    Trust me SweetPea I don't hack at his hand speed, power and or athleticisim. I know hes got it somewhere but the fact is it's not good enough.
    Everytime he's on camera he has something stupid to say he can never accept defeat it's always something went wrong someones fault. But never his he needs to man up and accept it. Watching Cotto dismantle him was one of the most satisfying things for me. He wanted to play the bad boy role then he needs to take it all the good with the bad.

for beating me to the punch Mick...for calling a douchebag a douchebag...before I was able to get to it...basically...beating me to the punch.
    CC has been returned Wacks...
    He is what he is and he himself wouldn't deny it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's another Zab complaint that I don't get... what shots has he been getting that he doesn't deserve??

There is only one title shot that I think people could legitimately say he did not deserve... and that's the Mayweather fight. Zab lost to Baldomir, and was only still a beltholder because Baldomir dropped the belt. So Zab was basically a fake champion for the fight with Floyd. I can see the criticism for that.

But what other title shots has he not deserved? He deserved the Tszyu fight, Zab was considered a future star at that point and was actually a heavy favorite to beat Tszyu.

When he got a shot to fight Spinks for the welterweight crown... Floyd wasn't at 147 yet, Mosley was at 154, Spinks had already beaten Mayorga, Forrest was getting shoulder surgery and inactive, Margarito wasn't known yet and would lose to Daniel Santos that year, who else was there at 147 that was clearly more deserving than Zab? Zab only had 1 loss at that time, to a future HOFer in Tszyu.

The Cotto fight... Cotto was looking for a stepup in competition, but wasn't looking to fight someone TOO high just yet. It was a stepping stone fight. Margarito had turned the fight down. And it was in NYC, and Arum saw the value in having an opponent from NYC who would help draw fans. Enter Zab. There's no reason he didn't deserve that fight.
    Personally...I don't really believe that Judah deserved any of his shots after that shit he pulled with Kostya...I never will.

I think that any of these pickled head fighters that act so gotdam ignorant in the ring, causing riots, throwing stools, & tryin to choke out a ref...fuck 'em.

Besides that factor...he didn't deserve the Floyd fight or the Cotto fight, IWHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A loss is a loss.

Trust me SweetPea I don't hack at his hand speed, power and or athleticisim. I know hes got it somewhere but the fact is it's not good enough.
    Everytime he's on camera he has something stupid to say he can never accept defeat it's always something went wrong someones fault. But never his he needs to man up and accept it. Watching Cotto dismantle him was one of the most satisfying things for me. He wanted to play the bad boy role then he needs to take it all the good with the bad.
    Mick, I don't disagree with anything you say here. But my point is... what you said here... all it proves is that Zab isn't mature and doesn't like to accept responsibility. It doesn't prove that he's not a Top 7 or 8 welterweight. This is what I mean... you're using things you don't like about his personality to try to prove things about his boxing status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally...I don't really believe that Judah deserved any of his shots after that S*** he pulled with Kostya...I never will.

I think that any of these pickled head fighters that act so gotdam ignorant in the ring, causing riots, throwing stools, & tryin to choke out a ref...F*** 'em.

Besides that factor...he didn't deserve the Floyd fight or the Cotto fight, IWHO.
    Then who deserved the Cotto fight more? And remember, you can't name a Golden Boy fighter, because Top Rank and GB hadn't signed their truce yet, you can't name Margarito because he turned the fight down, and you can't name someone like Floyd, because Cotto's camp wasn't looking for a guy of that caliber yet (understandably).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally...I don't really believe that Judah deserved any of his shots after that S*** he pulled with Kostya...I never will.

I think that any of these pickled head fighters that act so gotdam ignorant in the ring, causing riots, throwing stools, & tryin to choke out a ref...F*** 'em.

Then who deserved the Cotto fight more? And remember, you can't name a Golden Boy fighter, because Top Rank and GB hadn't signed their truce yet, you can't name Margarito because he turned the fight down, and you can't name someone like Floyd, because Cotto's camp wasn't looking for a guy of that caliber yet (understandably).
    Another titlist ofcourse or atleast someone outside of an immature welt like Judah who does nothing but disgrace the sport. Trust me...I wouldn't name Margarito.

Your'e getting personal opinion here...not fact...just wants for a basic need of ME not seeing his stupid grilled out mug on the face of boxing anymore.

I'm sorry...but he's a tool & he's a waste of his talent/natural abilities.

Thread Information