Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's stock went down the most this year?

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Re: Who's stock went down the most this year?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker
    Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

Not all disappointing performances but i believe there stock has gone well down.
    How exactly did Cintrons stock go down? He has had 2 ko wins this year.
    His last outing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

Not all disappointing performances but i believe there stock has gone well down.
    His last outing
    A 10th round ko win? I know he struggled a little, but not many ppl had much hope for him after the Margarito fight. His stock went up miles with the destruction of Matthyse, and dropped slightly last fight. Still up from this time last year.

ICB Guest

Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

His last outing
    A 10th round ko win? I know he struggled a little, but not many ppl had much hope for him after the Margarito fight. His stock went up miles with the destruction of Matthyse, and dropped slightly last fight. Still up from this time last year.
    I just think he was on a nice little roll and the way he struggled with Feliciano thats big step back imo he was losing too many rounds against a guy he was supposed to blast out of there inside of 3 if you read most of the comments on here your see what i mean.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

His last outing
    He did win right?
    I mean come on, a guy get's a good tuff opponent that's durable and has clearly shown he's got loads of heart and wont back down.
    That's suposse to make his stock drop?
    I could understand if he had gotten beaten up pretty bad but even in the rounds in which Jesse outlanded Cintron, Cintron still managed to land the cleaner harder punches? Matter a fact I think Cintron struggled more with Estrada then what he did with Jesse and the Estrada fight actually made his stock rise. I also think his last 2 fights have helped his stock rise.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

I disagree with most of these to be honest. Very few rated Cintron at the start of the year as anything beyond a puncher. If anything his stock was rising until his fight with Feliciano now he's just back where he was at the start of the year certainly no worse.

Castillo's stock hasn't dropped in a legacy defining sense, he just got old and has had too many wars. Nobody denies he was still a great great fighter and borderline hall of fame possibility.

Vargas has just shown us that he has nothing left, his overall legacy as a fighter wasn't dependant on the Mayorga fight he's just finished that's all.

Zab Judah started the year as one of the most maligned and ridiculed fighters in boxing. His loss to Cotto if anything raised his stock slightly as it showed his chin and heart wern't as weak as is often suggested.

Sam Peter I guess you could say got exposed kind of after having been caught by McCline, but he weathered the storm and came back to win which few fighters so in that situation so he's still the best heavy without a belt for me.

Miranda's HBO hype bubble was certainly burst though, agree with that one.

As for Mora I think only myself and Danny G ever rated him anyway so a draw after a year's layoff probably didn't change many people's minds one way or the other.

For myself the biggest losers are as follows.

Jermain Taylor, one poor showing after another then to get knocked out, his name is mud prerry much now.

Joel Casamayor, From being the ultra avoided Ring Champ and undisputedly The Man at lightweight, he's now become an old sluggish weary fighter whose about as exciting to watch as Zahir Raheem and who hung onto his belt only thanks to one of the worst judging decisions in recent history.

Acelino Freitas, not because he lost to Juan Diaz, no disgrace in that but quitting on his stool for the second time in his career will be a stain on his legacy forever. He'll forever be known as a quitter.

Jorge Arce. So popular and exciting to watch but we've learned in his last two fights that he's not nearly the best super flyweight in the world and is never going to be the unifying champion HBO made him out to be.

Darchinyan, same as Arce his chin looks weak, his defense poor and now he's playing catchup to guys like Donaire, Mijares, Naito etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

His last outing
    I just think he was on a nice little roll and the way he struggled with Feliciano thats big step back imo he was losing too many rounds against a guy he was supposed to blast out of there inside of 3 if you read most of the comments on here your see what i mean.
    But this time last year he was a fringe contender best remembered for quitting against Margo. Now he has a fight against Williams and is seen as a top 5 welter. Stock has gone up.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

His last outing
    He did win right?
    I mean come on, a guy get's a good tuff opponent that's durable and has clearly shown he's got loads of heart and wont back down.
    I could understand if he had gotten beaten up pretty bad but even in the rounds in which Jesse outlanded Cintron, Cintron still managed to land the cleaner harder punches? Matter a fact I think Cintron struggled more with Estrada then what he did with Jesse and the Estrada fight actually made his stock rise. I also think his last 2 fights have helped his stock rise.
    The Feliciano fight was supposed to be warm up fight for his upcoming fight with Williams no gave Feliciano a chance he was supposed to be fall guy and he was supposed to be stopped inside of 3. Cintron looked pretty bad and he lost alot of rounds infact there wasn't much in the fight maybe 1 round 2 at the max he looked discouraged and he was lucky he wern't in with someone who can put there punches together maybe its just me but i was starting to see some good things from Cintron now after his fight with Feliciano i think he has gone back to where he was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

His last outing
    He did win right?
    The Feliciano fight was supposed to be warm up fight for his upcoming fight with Williams no gave Feliciano a chance he was supposed to be fall guy and he was supposed to be stopped inside of 3. Cintron looked pretty bad and he lost alot of rounds infact there wasn't much in the fight maybe 1 round 2 at the max he looked discouraged and he was lucky he wern't in with someone who can put there punches together maybe its just me but i was starting to see some good things from Cintron now after his fight with Feliciano i think he has gone back to where he was.
    The thread is whos stock went down the most. Not who's stock stayed the same......

ICB Guest

Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

His last outing
    But this time last year he was a fringe contender best remembered for quitting against Margo. Now he has a fight against Williams and is seen as a top 5 welter. Stock has gone up.
    Quite alot of people thought he had good chance to win Williams fight go ask them same people and still see if they still think the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

His last outing
    He did win right?
    Good post mate.. I agree mick . Cintron had a live man in front of him. hats off to Jesse for giving it his best. no way
    Cintron stock goes down on that match. Jesse stock also climbed a bit you ask me. I also believe that Cintron was fighting through some adversity in regards to a bad hand or rib in the match. still over came and won with impressive knockout victory , these are all positives

ICB Guest

Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

His last outing
    He did win right?
    The thread is whos stock went down the most. Not who's stock stayed the same......
    I worded that last bit wrong my mistake but people thought Cintron was a major playa in the Welterweight division and he was seen as much improved fighter now his stock has gone even lower imo.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

His last outing
    He did win right?
    Good post mate.. I agree mick . Cintron had a live man infront of him. hats off to Jesse for giving it his best. no way
    Cintron stock goes down on that match. Jesse stock also climbed a bit you ask me.
    Yes but did you think that before the fight ?? its ok looking at the fight with hindsight but i can assure you the only person on this forum who thought Feliciano would make it into 5th was me.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

His last outing
    He did win right?
    I'm not sure where your getting the "Inside of 3" from but Jesses got heart and Jesse was on a roll from the Philips fight to even the draw with Gomez and his latest win over Delvin showed he was someone that possesed some type of danger if taken lightly. Maybe Cintron did take Jesse lightly and almost paid the price but Cintron still won and to me action packed fights like this one can help your stock rise. In this case I think it will, plus people still have the Matthysse KO embeded in their minds.

ICB Guest

Cintron
    Castillo
    Vargas
    Peter
    Judah
    Miranda
    Mora

His last outing
    He did win right?
    I'm not sure where your getting the "Inside of 3" from but Jesses got heart and Jesse was on a roll from the Philips fight to even the draw with Gomez and his latest win over Delvin showed he was someone that possesed some type of danger if taken lightly. Maybe Cintron did take Jesse lightly and almost paid the price but Cintron still won and to me action packed fights like this one can help your stock rise. In this case I think it will, plus people still have the Matthysse KO embeded in their minds.
    I'm not sure where your getting the "Inside of 3"

Go look on all the threads regarding the Cintron fight and see how many people thought Cintron would blast him away in 3.

but Jesses got heart and Jesse was on a roll from the Philips fight to even the draw with Gomez and his latest win over Delvin showed he was someone that possesed some type of danger if taken lightly.

Phillips was 43 years old and was nothing more than a goodish fighter even in his prime and your also forgetting how controversial the decision was.

Delvin Rodriguez ?? he is an average fighter at best get the official rankings out and see where he places in the rankings.

Gomez is a goodish fighter he is nowhere near even close to being considered one of the threats of Welterweight division.

Who really thought Feliciano was a threat to Cintron before the fight ?? people were saying *oh yea should be good warm up fight for Cintron* because thats all it was supposed to be warm up fight and Cintron looking terrible against an average fighter like Feliciano doesn't do his stock very well imo.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I remember right Williams looked a bit lathargic in hid fight against Pakau, he started slapping his punches and was getting tagged by Pakau.
    In Williams destruction of Sharmba he was also tagged several times and even stunned by Sharmba. Because Williams had trouble with those 2, I thought Margarito would blast him out. Boy how wrong I was to judge Williams by some trouble he has in his 2 previous fights prior to Margarito.
    A boxer can have a game fighter in front of him despite his record or what people said prior to the fight come fight night that fighter can be imune to pain and or anything his opponent throws at him even if the boxer happens to be 28-1 with 26 KO's.

Thread Information