User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Gary Mason Gave Lewis One Of His Hardest Fights

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Gary Mason Gave Lewis One Of His Hardest Fights

I just watched this again and i was quite surprised watching this again Mason hit Lewis with bombs to the body and head. Mason fought bravely in this fight his eye was shut completely but he kept trying and trying good fight i recommend anyone to watch it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gary Mason Gave Lewis One Of His Hardest Fights

I remember being able to hear Mason yelp as Lewis speared him in the eye for the last time.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rememeber this fight being a beatdown. Beforehand their was still some doubts regarding Lennox Lewis, in this fight he answered all his critics and proved he was destined for greatness.

A systematic breakdown, I wouldn't say it was one of his hardest fights at all, Bruno gave him a harder figh imo.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Before this fight Mason had surgery on his eye.
    So in preparation for the fight all of Lewis sparring partners had an "X" target taped above the eye which was targeted with the jab and cross.
    Upon reflection on the fight Lewis and the management said they realised how tough and game Mason was and they felt they would be best served to exploit the eye problem to win the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gary Mason seems to have a good relationship and a lot of respect for Lewis. He said in an interview that Lewis`s punch was hard enough to cure Alzeihmers!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I rememeber this fight being a beatdown. Beforehand their was still some doubts regarding Lennox Lewis, in this fight he answered all his critics and proved he was destined for greatness.

A systematic breakdown, I wouldn't say it was one of his hardest fights at all, Bruno gave him a harder figh imo.
    Mason hit Lewis with good shots and won a couple of rounds and whenever Lewis hurt him he come straight back he showed alot of bottle not an easy night for Lewis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cpcompany
    Gary Mason seems to have a good relationship and a lot of respect for Lewis. He said in an interview that Lewis`s punch was hard enough to cure Alzeihmers!
    Lol, or give it to someone.

It's been a long time since I saw this fight, didn't he ktfo Mason in the 8th round or somewhere around there? I remember that guy being a gamer up until the point of losing.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcompany
    Lol, or give it to someone.

It's been a long time since I saw this fight, didn't he ktfo Mason in the 8th round or somewhere around there? I remember that guy being a gamer up until the point of losing.
    The ref stopped the fight in the 7th because his right eye was completely closed.

Thread Information