Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anyone know the size of the ring being used for Hatton/Mayweather Jr.?

Share/Bookmark
    SigmaMu Guest

Default Anyone know the size of the ring being used for Hatton/Mayweather Jr.?

Just curious.

Anyone know the size of the ring being used for Hatton/Mayweather Jr.?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone know the size of the ring being used for Hatton/Mayweather Jr.?

Quote Originally Posted by Cotto_Is_4_Real
    Just curious.

Anyone know the size of the ring being used for Hatton/Mayweather Jr.?
    They had to rip out a few seats to make room for the ring. Ringside seats are now on row 'P'

Jokes aside, ringside seats (3rd row) are priced at $40 000 on a certain website. Value for money or what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anyone know the size of the ring being used for Hatton/Mayweather Jr.?

I would guess 20x20. Isn't that a Nevada regulation?

To me, the ring size is far less important than the gloves. Floyd is just as elusive in a small ring because of his change of direction and that 'matador move' he does.

The more critical issue is that the fight is at 147, and therefore uses 10oz gloves under NSAC regulations. The bigger gloves protect Floyd's hands....and simultaneously saps Ricky's power.

Please refer to the Collazo fight. I understand that Ricky says that his stamina waned and that he wasn't fast because he came in the ring "too muscled". But shouldn't he have been a stronger puncher? Louise didn't seem fazed that much by Ricky's punches. The KD was more an off-balnce thing. Not a 'hurt' punch.

Ricky gains an advantage in weight at 147....but the gloves rule seems to favor Floyd here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doesn't matter, anything bigger than a phone booth and Ricky's done.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DIOS DOMINICANO
    I would guess 20x20. Isn't that a Nevada regulation?

To me, the ring size is far less important than the gloves. Floyd is just as elusive in a small ring because of his change of direction and that 'matador move' he does.

The more critical issue is that the fight is at 147, and therefore uses 10oz gloves under NSAC regulations. The bigger gloves protect Floyd's hands....and simultaneously saps Ricky's power.

Please refer to the Collazo fight. I understand that Ricky says that his stamina waned and that he wasn't fast because he came in the ring "too muscled". But shouldn't he have been a stronger puncher? Louise didn't seem fazed that much by Ricky's punches. The KD was more an off-balnce thing. Not a 'hurt' punch.

Ricky gains an advantage in weight at 147....but the gloves rule seems to favor Floyd here.
    CC DIOS DOMINICANO. All very well said. Good points. I did not even take any of this into consideration. Gracias.

Thread Information