Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has fought the best competition?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who has fought the best competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli Surfs In 'Nawlins
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    Ali himself?
    Archie Moore, Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Quarry, Frazier, Foster, Norton, Foreman, Holmes, Shavers....
    Ali may have the best HW resume of all time

There are a lot of guys with great resumes...hard to pick since you would have to factor in when they fought how packed were their divisions etc....

some of the more recent top resumes are

Marco Antonio Barrera- Jones, Morales, Tapia, Kelly, Ayala, Pacquiao, Juarez, Naz, Sanchez

Mosley- Molina, leija, Holiday, Johnson, DLH, Diaz, Taylor, Forrest, Wright, Vargas, Collazo, Cotto

Pernell Whitiker- DLH, Nelson, Ramirez, Paez, McGuirt, Chavez, Rivera, Hurtado

Lennox Lewis- Klitschko, Tucker, Ruddock, Tyson, Holyfield, Bruno, Golota, McCall, Morrison, Mercer, Briggs, Botha, Akinwande, Tua

James Toney- Jones, Jirov, Butler, Williams, Peter, Ruiz, Guinn, McCallum, Thadzi, Mateen

There are a ton of guys with great resumes...I would be here all night trying to sort out who gets the nod trying to figure out at what point in their careers guys beat certain guys etc to actually get an accurate account

MATEEN.....?Much Respect Daxx but no way on that one.I'll Take a Barkley,A.Washington or Lol M.Griffin.Mateen's "fight" with Toney was Disgusting.
    Top notch call On Lewis Though,Fought some biggies.
    Whitaker as well..Tremendous Competition...even his "Grade b's or C''s were desent,
    Jones/Brazier/J.Montes/Vasquez (grade a)/Pendleton/S.Cardona/W.Rivera/

I agree about the fight itself but the question was resume not great fights .....At the time Mateen was a top guy in the division...thats why I said these are hard to do because there are guys that were on fire in one point of thier career and considered top caliber opp then at other points were scrubs.....When Montel faced Toney he was one of the best in the division
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali himself?
    Archie Moore, Sonny Liston, Floyd Patterson, Quarry, Frazier, Foster, Norton, Foreman, Holmes, Shavers....

There are a lot of guys with great resumes...hard to pick since you would have to factor in when they fought how packed were their divisions etc....

Marco Antonio Barrera- Jones, Morales, Tapia, Kelly, Ayala, Pacquiao, Juarez, Naz, Sanchez

Mosley- Molina, leija, Holiday, Johnson, DLH, Diaz, Taylor, Forrest, Wright, Vargas, Collazo, Cotto

Lennox Lewis- Klitschko, Tucker, Ruddock, Tyson, Holyfield, Bruno, Golota, McCall, Morrison, Mercer, Briggs, Botha, Akinwande, Tua

James Toney- Jones, Jirov, Butler, Williams, Peter, Ruiz, Guinn, McCallum, Thadzi, Mateen

There are a ton of guys with great resumes...I would be here all night trying to sort out who gets the nod trying to figure out at what point in their careers guys beat certain guys etc to actually get an accurate account

MATEEN.....?Much Respect Daxx but no way on that one.I'll Take a Barkley,A.Washington or Lol M.Griffin.Mateen's "fight" with Toney was Disgusting.
    Whitaker as well..Tremendous Competition...even his "Grade b's or C''s were desent,

I agree about the fight itself but the question was resume not great fights .....At the time Mateen was a top guy in the division...thats why I said these are hard to do because there are guys that were on fire in one point of thier career and considered top caliber opp then at other points were scrubs.....When Montel faced Toney he was one of the best in the division
    Cooome On Daxx? M-16 was Empty.If his going 2-4 In last six Means anything its not Him being on fire but a habit of eating gloves.
    Im not being funny Cheif but did you mean Montell griffin and NOT Ernest Mateen with Respect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali himself?

Cooome On Daxx? M-16 was Empty.If his going 2-4 In last six Means anything its not Him being on fire but a habit of eating gloves.
    Im not being funny Cheif but did you mean Montell griffin and NOT Ernest Mateen with Respect.

Spicoli have you ever seen Mateen's fights?....if not for management problems he would be one of this era's best....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali himself?

Spicoli have you ever seen Mateen's fights?....if not for management problems he would be one of this era's best....
    Ok Daxx. Name A fighter without Management Problems at one point in career?
    I'm about to Pm You dude Because I really think Your Playing....With Respect,,
    The question was "who fought the best competition".......Toney was sighted and very accurately......But among Toney's best "competition", Mateen was not AMONG them at ALL.
    ...He was well on the other side Vs. Toney.
    I held a Job At Taco Bell once but why would I put that on my resume?
    Wacked Out On a regular basis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cannot believe u both forgot 'SECOND TO'Nunn. Michael had just beat Barkley Kalambay Curry and Starling when Toney fought and KO'd him. Nun was arguably top 3 pound for pound at that time.....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cannot believe u both forgot 'SECOND TO'Nunn. Michael had just beat Barkley Kalambay Curry and Starling when Toney fought and KO'd him. Nun was arguably top 3 pound for pound at that time.....
    ........ CC Eagle.
    Sweet L.Hook....Michael "Second to Toneys Hook" Nunn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

........ CC Eagle.
    Sweet L.Hook....Michael "Second to Toneys Hook" Nunn.
    I gotta admire Nunn for fighting so many good guys in a row. That just doesnt seem to happen anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali himself?

The question was "who fought the best competition".......Toney was sighted and very accurately......But among Toney's best "competition", Mateen was not AMONG them at ALL.

.....CC Spicoli Im sorry man...I am just messin with ya....The more I mentioned Mateens name the more words you started writing in Caps ROFL......it was like I could actuallly see your eyes popping out in front of your comp with disbelief on what you were reading......

Sorry mate was just funny.....

In all seriousness that is why you have to take the time in a persons career...when Toney fought Mateen he was a decent fighter...and at LHW during that time There was Jones and the rest so there were no real standouts....Montell when Toney faced him was highly thought of as a future star...he was undefeated and making some noise....

When I was trying to remember all of Toneys fights and opponents (he has had almost 80 of them)...I had to stop at boxrec and was probably lookinf at somethig else and just threw mateen in not even really thinking about it

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali himself?

.....CC Spicoli Im sorry man...I am just messin with ya....The more I mentioned Mateens name the more words you started writing in Caps ROFL......it was like I could actuallly see your eyes popping out in front of your comp with disbelief on what you were reading......

Sorry mate was just funny.....

In all seriousness that is why you have to take the time in a persons career...when Toney fought Mateen he was a decent fighter...and at LHW during that time There was Jones and the rest so there were no real standouts....Montell when Toney faced him was highly thought of as a future star...he was undefeated and making some noise....

When I was trying to remember all of Toneys fights and opponents (he has had almost 80 of them)...I had to stop at boxrec and was probably lookinf at somethig else and just threw mateen in not even really thinking about it

Glad I could Be of amusment....I like's me caps Daxx.Mateen was a second Ran!

I stillthink You have em' mixed up.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky Wright and Jermaine Taylor have decent resumes also.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Poor ole' Bernard.

He can't do shit right.

On top of having a HOF career in the bag of 54 fights, 48 wins & 32 ko's with 13 in the first round, working his title for 20 defences, & fighting names like Johnson, Roy Jones jr, Eastman, De La Hoya, Taylor, Joppy, Trinidad, Wright, Holmes, & Tarver...he can't even make it onto one of our lists.

Oh the humanity.
    And don't forget that Bernard fought a prime, dangerous, Antwun Echols twice, stopping him in their second bout, which was one of the funniest fights of all time. Also, I think Ricardo Mayorga deserves a mention. He's fought:
    Andrew "Six Heads" Lewis
    Vernon Forrest twice
    Felix Trinidad
    Cory Spinks*
    Oscar Delahoya
    Diabolys Hurtado
    Fernando Vargas

*Spinks is a fraud, coward ass bitch, who lost nearly every round in his encounter with Mayorga, and was dropped at least twice, yet somehow made a deal with the devil and got the fukin gift decision to end all gift decisions.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information