Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WHAT IF HE CAN'T FIGHT GOING BACKWARDS???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WHAT IF HE CAN'T FIGHT GOING BACKWARDS???

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION
    Then it will be Gatti/Mayweather all over again.....period.
    I seriously don't believe that we'll be seeing that...no if's, and's, or buts...one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    The problem with this is that I just don't see it to Mayweather's advantage in fighting on the front foot. His forte is letting the opposition come in with clumsy shots, then counter to devastating effect. I don't think Mayweather will want to push Hatton back too much, just let him attack and pick him off at will until Hatton is almost finished, then he might push forward, if that's the way things go.
    #798. Totally agree. Floyd aint really a pressure fighter but if he does see an opening that he can capitalize on...he might do some dazzling with Hatton forcing him to fumble backwards.

Honestly...if Floyd fights him with the self assuredness that he did against Judah from round 5 on...Hatton's gonna take a hiding.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

#798. Totally agree. Floyd aint really a pressure fighter but if he does see an opening that he can capitalize on...he might do some dazzling with Hatton forcing him to fumble backwards.

Honestly...if Floyd fights him with the self assuredness that he did against Judah from round 5 on...Hatton's gonna take a hiding.
    CC back atcha. Unfortunately, Hatton taking a fair beating is how I see things going too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Hatton's pressure - whether educated/intelligent or not - is going to be sufficient to force Floyd to be aggressive. He's going to need more than excellent defense given Hatton's work rate.

Should be fireworks if Floyd brings it on like I think he's going to have to.

Floyd could lose by relying on good defense and accurate but not active enough offense.

Not that Mayweather is as methodical and late-blooming as Hopkins tends to be - but there is something of a similarity there. Ricky's high work rate could increase that similarity.

So I'm just saying that Floyd's going to have to bring a very active offense with him in addition to his defense. I pick Mayweather to win, but not by coasting, or being perceived to coast, by the judges.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205

CC back atcha. Unfortunately, Hatton taking a fair beating is how I see things going too.
    That self assuredness was also shared by Baldomir and Cotto when they were fighting Judah. It's more to do with how vulnerable Judah has looked than anything else. In his last 3 title fights i got the impression that he was waiting to fall to pieces.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See Hatton/ Magee, Hatton/ Tackie, Hatton/ Philips at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    See Hatton/ Magee, Hatton/ Tackie, Hatton/ Philips at times.

What for?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton being set upon and his version of fighting on the backfoot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    Hatton being set upon and his version of fighting on the backfoot.
    Ok mate i will check them out any rounds in general?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if PBF comes out guns-a-blazin charging forward it would throw Hatton off enough for a mid-round TKO, but I know this isn't going to happen.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton got caught with one hell of a punch in round 1 versus Magee, Ricky himself said it hurt him and shook him badly, after that Ricky was backed up for pretty much the whole fight.

The Tackie fight was more of Hatton in punch and move mode on the backfoot.

And the Philips fight was the begining of the mauling styled Hatton....

They're actually good to watch when u start to realise that Ricky can box too.

I guess the first 6 Vs Urnago may be mentioned.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MAYWEATHER P4P#1
    Hatton is great at coming forward we all know this he barges forward swinging wild at times throwing big hooks grappling and holding forcing the pace he goes on about his fitness over 12 rounds but is he as fit as Mayweather over 12.But the big question is can Hatton fight going backwards if he can't get Floyd on the ropes where he like's to bully his opponent and Floyd keeps him centre ring with the jab and great movement and then starts to force him back will Ricky be able to fight going backwards he aint used to been forced back but Floyd is used to fighting off the ropes.I would like your opinions guys
    Then in the words of the Virgin Mary he is F*****.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pernell Sweet Pea Whitaker
    Hatton is great at coming forward we all know this he barges forward swinging wild at times throwing big hooks grappling and holding forcing the pace he goes on about his fitness over 12 rounds but is he as fit as Mayweather over 12.But the big question is can Hatton fight going backwards if he can't get Floyd on the ropes where he like's to bully his opponent and Floyd keeps him centre ring with the jab and great movement and then starts to force him back will Ricky be able to fight going backwards he aint used to been forced back but Floyd is used to fighting off the ropes.I would like your opinions guys
    Thats a very naughty word, Ice!!

If Hatton is in as good a shape as he seems to be then it really is a cracking matchup. I cannot wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles

If Hatton is in as good a shape as he seems to be then it really is a cracking matchup. I cannot wait.
    It's not ICE; it's PSPW And since when is Virgin a bad word .................
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

ICB Guest

Oh yea i forgot your English teacher im running for the hills

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh yea i forgot your English teacher im running for the hills
    CC, Ice or PSPW.....

You gotta watch ze grammar Nazi's!!

Thread Information