Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do You Guys Think Of Forrest Now?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What do You Guys Think Of Forrest Now?

Forrest looked good v Baldo and Piccirillo,but remember,those 2 fighters are on their way down,Baldo's like 50 and Piccirllo 38.They've had a lot of tough fights. Vernon looked good for sure but I'd favour Karmazin over him(I think Roman is top3@154) and I agree with VD,I think he should rematch Quartey unless Ike has oved to 147 like he said he would. I think Vernon beats Spinks. I love Vernon's jab and right hand but dam he gets wild at times.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never really liked Forrest, Karmazin beats his ass IMO. I don't know how a Spinks fight would go honestly. And I didn't think the Quartey fight was quite the robbery some made it out to be but I did think he lost and a rematch wouldn't be bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    I've never really liked Forrest, Karmazin beats his ass IMO. I don't know how a Spinks fight would go honestly. And I didn't think the Quartey fight was quite the robbery some made it out to be but I did think he lost and a rematch wouldn't be bad.
    How comes you never liked Forrest bro?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    I've never really liked Forrest, Karmazin beats his a** IMO. I don't know how a Spinks fight would go honestly. And I didn't think the Quartey fight was quite the robbery some made it out to be but I did think he lost and a rematch wouldn't be bad.
    How comes you never liked Forrest bro?
    Just never really liked him. Don't really like his fighting style although I guess he's been a bit more entertaining lately.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forest if ok, he doesn't particularly excite me to be honest although he looked sharp against Picarillo.

Am I the only one though who would love to see him rematch Mayorga and for Mayorga to knock his ass out again before being lifted up by his trainer, cigarette in mouth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quotes from Ricardo Mayorga about Forrest

"Vernon, es como mi hijo. Yo soy su papa y si el quiere que le doy fuete otra vez"

Rough translation "He is like my son and I am his daddy. If he wants I will can smack him again."

hahaha, I love Mayorga's interviews.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder if Mayorga could bring out a meaner version of Forrest, if there is one complaint from me about him, its his lack of killer instinct. Sometimes he's too patient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was a fan of Forrest for a VERY short time...he beat Mosley twice and I really felt at the time he would be a major factor in the sport afterward....He gets starched by Mayorga and beatn in the rematch and he acted like a crybaby...would not even stay in the ring after the decision....Takes some time off recovers and comes back but to me he has not looked special...his win over Quartey was plain out robbery.....IKE was Robbed!!! simple.......

IMO Forrest has no hesrt as a fighter any heart he did have Mayorga stole from him and if they fought again Mayorga would do the exact same thing....

He had the goods to be a huge star in this sport...now he is happy just etching wins...beating a blown up Michele was impressive only because he managed to KO him other then that I found nothing impressive about the fight at all.....

Corey Spinks would box Forrest silly
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    I was a fan of Forrest for a VERY short time...he beat Mosley twice and I really felt at the time he would be a major factor in the sport afterward....He gets starched by Mayorga and beatn in the rematch and he acted like a crybaby...would not even stay in the ring after the decision....Takes some time off recovers and comes back but to me he has not looked special...his win over Quartey was plain out robbery.....IKE was Robbed!!! simple.......

IMO Forrest has no hesrt as a fighter any heart he did have Mayorga stole from him and if they fought again Mayorga would do the exact same thing....

He had the goods to be a huge star in this sport...now he is happy just etching wins...beating a blown up Michele was impressive only because he managed to KO him other then that I found nothing impressive about the fight at all.....

No he wouldn't. I think Forrest would outbox him and end up hurtin him, probably stoppin his bitch ass. Now Mayorga, he'd whip both of em. Guranteed.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn

No he wouldn't. I think Forrest would outbox him and end up hurtin him, probably stoppin his bitch a**. Now Mayorga, he'd whip both of em. Guranteed.

LOL...Does anyone have faith in Spinks ...He is awkward...boring at times but IMO...a damn good boxer...just a long as don't need to get out of a wet paper bag ...because he sure as hell doesn't have enough power to get you out
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information