Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many buys will Hatton-Mayweather do?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How many buys will Hatton-Mayweather do?

Regardless of what most think,I think the reason the huge figures were done for the Oscar Floyd fight was Oscar and 24/7. Floyd contributed too but Oscar and 24/7 were the main factors. With this in mind,I think Hatton Floyd will do,roughly,about 700k buys,max in my opinion. 24/7,MASSIVE advertising(I don't know about you guys but when I'm on the net,hotmail etc,I ALWAYS see ads for Hatton Floyd) and Floyd's dancing adventures have helped but I still don't see it breaking the 1mill barrier. I could be wrong,and would like to be actually,the more buys,the better for boxings popularity,although I hope it's a good fight.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How many buys will Hatton-Mayweather do?

over here in the UK the hype is huge, I ordered it yesterday off Sky Boxoffice i reckon it ll do over a million as Hatton has a massive following here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When one considers that the only way Brits are going to see the fight is ppv, hatton easily sells out 20,000 seats in Manchester then it is not unfeasible to expect over 1,000,000 when one considers the US market

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well i am getting the fight no danger
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My mate getting it as his place and im watching it with all my best mates and my girlfriend, I need the moral support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The hype here in the UK is huge and the build up is electrifying, you can almost feel it!
    Ive never known an excitement for a fight like this one!
    For example, there is a FaceBook site called "I hope Ricky Hatton gives Floyd Mayweather a F****** good hiding" and there are 104,243 members!!! And I would hazard a guess that 98% are behind Ricky!

Also 33,000 Brits are making there way over to America. Its incredable!

Lets just say that the Pay Per View people will do very well out of this one!

Tc
    This signiture is up as ante in a 'sig-bet'. Wanna bet anyone?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^
    Did you post this in the other thread just a second ago?
    If not im losin my mind!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    ^
    If not im losin my mind!
    lol
    You are quite sane!
    i did but I feel it will be lost there. I cant believe the buzz around this fight.

Tc
    This signiture is up as ante in a 'sig-bet'. Wanna bet anyone?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_T
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny
    ^
    If not im losin my mind!
    lol
    You are quite sane!
    i did but I feel it will be lost there. I cant believe the buzz around this fight.

Tc
    Thats ok then LoL.

I agree with what you're saying, there is a huge amount of publicity and expectation in the lead up to this fight...
    I feel that even if Ricky loses this really cannot have a negative effect as it is again exposing the world of boxing to the mainstream media and the general public.

I really wish for a great fight, but I can't lie I'd absolutley love to see Ricky win and il be in a bad mood for a week should he fall short.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ACEA
    over here in the UK the hype is huge, I ordered it yesterday off Sky Boxoffice i reckon it ll do over a million as Hatton has a massive following here.
    Me too brother, The show starts at 11PM and finishes at 7AM talk about getting your money's worth thats phenominal as they are showing the full undercard and the fights from Wigan too.

Can't WAIT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would guess about 700K in the US. Some people are predicting a million because of Floyd's appearance on Dancing with the Stars, which is a big show over here and exposed him to a lot of non-boxing fans. But 99% of people in the US have no clue who Ricky Hatton is, so I have a hard time believing the fight does a million. But I'd love to see it happen, it'd be a nice surprise if the fight pulled off a million.

There have only been two non-heavyweight fights in history that have done a million US PPV buys, and those are Floyd-DLH and Trinidad-DLH.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea
    I would guess about 700K in the US. Some people are predicting a million because of Floyd's appearance on Dancing with the Stars, which is a big show over here and exposed him to a lot of non-boxing fans. But 99% of people in the US have no clue who Ricky Hatton is, so I have a hard time believing the fight does a million. But I'd love to see it happen, it'd be a nice surprise if the fight pulled off a million.

There have only been two non-heavyweight fights in history that have done a million US PPV buys, and those are Floyd-DLH and Trinidad-DLH.
    Totally agree. I'd like to ask though,is Mayweather well known/superstar in the US? Some say he is,some say he isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Totally agree. I'd like to ask though,is Mayweather well known/superstar in the US? Some say he is,some say he isn't.
    A year ago, only boxing fans really knew Floyd. After the DLH fight (which was the biggest PPV in history), more people knew him. Then he expanded his visibility by appearing on Dancing With the Stars.
    So he's definitely not a superstar, and in the US boxers are never as popular anymore as baseball, basketball, or football players, but he's probably the 2nd most well known active boxer in the US, behind only DLH. (Holyfield is more well-known, but I try to pretend he's retired at this point.)
    Floyd's big goal was always to become a PPV star, which is something Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, and Shane Mosley were never able to accomplish. And he's done that, he's more well-known than any of those guys ever were.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A year ago, only boxing fans really knew Floyd. After the DLH fight (which was the biggest PPV in history), more people knew him. Then he expanded his visibility by appearing on Dancing With the Stars.
    So he's definitely not a superstar, and in the US boxers are never as popular anymore as baseball, basketball, or football players, but he's probably the 2nd most well known active boxer in the US, behind only DLH. (Holyfield is more well-known, but I try to pretend he's retired at this point.)
    Floyd's big goal was always to become a PPV star, which is something Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, and Shane Mosley were never able to accomplish. And he's done that, he's more well-known than any of those guys ever were.
    That makes sense.I guessed all that exposure did Floyd good,the guy behind 24/7 is a GENIUS! I always though Shane was far too nice to ever be a big PPV star. I'm surprised Hopkins even does the numbers he does,especially since he has gotten more boring to watch,the older he has gotten. Roy..I've never seen Ron'yss PPV numbers,what are the highest he has ever done?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That makes sense.I guessed all that exposure did Floyd good,the guy behind 24/7 is a GENIUS! I always though Shane was far too nice to ever be a big PPV star. I'm surprised Hopkins even does the numbers he does,especially since he has gotten more boring to watch,the older he has gotten. Roy..I've never seen Ron'yss PPV numbers,what are the highest he has ever done?
    Agreed on Shane, my girlfriend was shocked at how boyish and sweet he was in interviews, she thought at first he was putting it on but watching numerous interviews revealed he's just that young at heart and kind hearted....Great traits for the common man, not so great for the marketing of a pro boxer.

Thread Information