Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Contender - Latest info ((Spoiler))

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Contender - JUAN DE LA ROSA leaves..AHMED IS BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by gyrokai
    Boxuout, I know your a thoughtful person. (Reference to the Ali Post)

But this kid made a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE decision.

Juan de la who? heheh

Eighteen eh? There's hundreds of eighteen year old prospects, from ALL around the world.

Chances are, he's going to amount to nothing. That's what's probably going to happen. Winning on 'The Contender' is more powerful than winning a championship belt. Yeah I said it! It doesn't mean much in the real world of boxing, but to average jane and joe, it means a lot. Heheh, to be honest I wasn't impressed with him and I've seen so many records go down the drain from so many boxers that I know he's probably never going to get another shot at something so public.

Good look honestly I never thought he would win the tournament. I think the deep down truth is he realized that he wasn't going to win. Maybe if he had another four years under his belt he'd have a legitimate shot the kid made an 18 year olds decision and decided to try to preserve his unbeaten record. Although your quote is justas realistic as mine was borderline fantasy and well wishing. I'm going to stick with it and hope the kid turns out to be the next Hopkins stays undefeated up until the point where he beats whoever the winner of the show is. Call me optimistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You ignoramous boxuout(no offense) but that TV show is a crock of shit, they lied about how old Juan Delarosa is and his fakeass record heres the truth about this little scumbag coward.

http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=239085

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

EXPOSED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Balco,

I heard Mark Burnett wanted to change the name to "The Pretender," but it was already taken.

OOOOOOOHHHHH!!! DISSSS!!!!!Â

Haha, Boxingrec.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After finding all this bulls**t out, I only believe 4 of them are real fighters-- mora, manfredo, smith and the bald guy, they said he was 13-0 and 18 yrs. old f****n liars! bulls**t man! bottom line! It was all a ploy so they hired some actors Pharrel(Juan) and Jesus Boy(the guy that got KO'd!) You all know the real sales pitch now, f*** Sylvester and his man servant Sugar Ray! They remind Me of the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase and muthaf****n Virgil!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LMAO, as a matter of fact I dont believe any of those guys there are real boxers, the only genuine boxer in there is Rocky, bottom line!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BalcoBonds25
    LMAO, as a matter of fact I dont believe any of those guys there are real boxers, the only genuine boxer in there is Rocky, bottom line!!
    Balcobond you're a genius, you beat me to it. I came back here to post the exact same link. I feel violated and used. http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=239085. This episode was taped sometime last year and you don't age 4 years in months. Nor are you discredited 9 fights. I feel like Ali when he analyzed the meaning of his gold medal. If I new how to cool click you balco I would. I was surely going to expose this excuse for a show. Ishe is going to win it all anyway..

You want prospects got to the site and check out my good friends who really are 18 and 19 Vaughn and Devon Alexander. They have a brother named Lamar as well but he hasn't fought since 03 and for good cause because his height and division don't go hand in hand. I never did trust I once played a boxer Stallone and where can I get a check Leonard.
    Down with the system. Boycott the show. This is an outrage.

You never did aANSWER THE QUESTION ABOUT THOSE dancing monkeys what the hel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah I did, I said I like monkeys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For some reason Barry's smile makes me feel that you're always happy I keep forgetting i's not you great picture.

St. Louis is here to stay. Armstrong, Liston, Spinks, Spinks, Spinks, and NOW the Alexanders ( Hopefully)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Barry's pic make Me feel happy, he's a happy guy with good vibes around him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxuout
    makes me feel that you're always happy
    I've never got that impression of Balco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hang on then boys, slow down. im trying to follow this show and watch it on a friday night on ITV 1, yeah. and as far as ive got alfonso beat manfredo, then jesse beat reid, then ishe beat ahmed (even though to me it looked the other way), then sergio beat nadja (and then apparently nadja shot himself in the car with his wife in there with him), then miguel lost to manfredo who came back the week before. so how far has it got cos it seems to me that im seeing it weeks behind you guys.
    and about it being fake, i dont know i cant realy tell, its all so well edited and american, all that shit with panning in to the crowd to see the reactions (like sly going ' oh my god, toe to toe'), and then all the slow motion and sound affects of the shots landing, i know they are selling a show and have to make it dramatic, but it just winds me up and i find it really hard to watch without laughing. esspecially all the average joe style little interviews al the time ' im doing this for my family' and ' i thank god blah blah' what ever, just get on with the boxing.
    good to hear ahmed is back, cos he's diferent and doesnt say and do al the same shit that the others do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Contender - Latest info ((Spoiler))

Good look honestly I never thought he would win the tournament. I think the deep down truth is he realized that he wasn't going to win. Maybe if he had another four years under his belt he'd have a legitimate shot the kid made an 18 year olds decision and decided to try to preserve his unbeaten record. Although your quote is justas realistic as mine was borderline fantasy and well wishing. I'm going to stick with it and hope the kid turns out to be the next Hopkins stays undefeated up until the point where he beats whoever the winner of the show is. Call me optimistic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Contender - Latest info ((Spoiler))

^He's 4-0 someone is gonna beat his ass, he'll be 5-2 by next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxuout
    O.K. so the young Tyson was a stretch , but Rocky. Tsk Tsk , all in all what everyone is trying to say is he has a lot of potential. Before the show even started I took a liking to the kid and followed the show mainly for him and Ishe.

Chamiley He's also 18 and pretty much skipped his amatuer career. So just as normal 18's year old He's still Learning the sport . 13-0 and 18yo that means he turned pro before 18, So he is entitled to mistakes just as he's entitled to bad decisions he's a kid.

A KID WITH A BRIGHT FUTURE

Now take back all that tripe taht you said to me and say ' Rocky you were right in everything you said, the kid did look really shit and had no heart '

Bright Future my hoopster !!

Thread Information