Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Contender - Latest info ((Spoiler))

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Contender - Latest info ((Spoiler))

Quote Originally Posted by Boxuout
    Good look honestly I never thought he would win the tournament. I think the deep down truth is he realized that he wasn't going to win. Maybe if he had another four years under his belt he'd have a legitimate shot the kid made an 18 year olds decision and decided to try to preserve his unbeaten record. Although your quote is justas realistic as mine was borderline fantasy and well wishing. I'm going to stick with it and hope the kid turns out to be the next Hopkins stays undefeated up until the point where he beats whoever the winner of the show is. Call me optimistic.

Can I just ask what did you see on that programme that made/makes you think he was/is going to be anything but that kid who chickened out on that TV show.

I thought when I first seen him, he is 18 he will be in there because he is shit hot, but just like Balco said he was in there because his face fit and thats it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

oh shit. they said jaun was like 12 an 0. i only saw four fight on his record. he turn pro in 2002 and only has 4 fights.

am i the only one that notices that it's bacily always a UD at the end of the fight. also at the end of the 4th round sly says it's dead even. every fight he says that same shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good look honestly I never thought he would win the tournament. I think the deep down truth is he realized that he wasn't going to win. Maybe if he had another four years under his belt he'd have a legitimate shot the kid made an 18 year olds decision and decided to try to preserve his unbeaten record. Although your quote is justas realistic as mine was borderline fantasy and well wishing. I'm going to stick with it and hope the kid turns out to be the next Hopkins stays undefeated up until the point where he beats whoever the winner of the show is. Call me optimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCKY MARSHMELLOW
    O.K. so the young Tyson was a stretch , but Rocky. Tsk Tsk , all in all what everyone is trying to say is he has a lot of potential. Before the show even started I took a liking to the kid and followed the show mainly for him and Ishe.

Chamiley He's also 18 and pretty much skipped his amatuer career. So just as normal 18's year old He's still Learning the sport . 13-0 and 18yo that means he turned pro before 18, So he is entitled to mistakes just as he's entitled to bad decisions he's a kid.

A KID WITH A BRIGHT FUTURE

Now take back all that tripe taht you said to me and say ' Rocky you were right in everything you said, the kid did look really s*** and had no heart '

Bright Future my hoopster !!

That 1st commentwas old I just reposted it so I still feel the show and Jaun is closer to this acting career than Bruce Lee or Leroy ever where.

But Rocky I'll never say that. I'm glad to se you are a hoopster, me to I love basketball. Hence the name. It's beyond time to be optimistic everyone involved from that show shoul be banned from boxing.

And don't ever mention Stalone and Bruce Lee in the same thread again. as far as we no Stalone has never had an argument let alone a fight outside the MOVIES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good look honestly I never thought he would win the tournament. I think the deep down truth is he realized that he wasn't going to win. Maybe if he had another four years under his belt he'd have a legitimate shot the kid made an 18 year olds decision and decided to try to preserve his unbeaten record. Although your quote is justas realistic as mine was borderline fantasy and well wishing. I'm going to stick with it and hope the kid turns out to be the next Hopkins stays undefeated up until the point where he beats whoever the winner of the show is. Call me optimistic.
    O.K. so the young Tyson was a stretch , but Rocky. Tsk Tsk , all in all what everyone is trying to say is he has a lot of potential. Before the show even started I took a liking to the kid and followed the show mainly for him and Ishe.

Chamiley He's also 18 and pretty much skipped his amatuer career. So just as normal 18's year old He's still Learning the sport . 13-0 and 18yo that means he turned pro before 18, So he is entitled to mistakes just as he's entitled to bad decisions he's a kid.

Now take back all that tripe taht you said to me and say ' Rocky you were right in everything you said, the kid did look really s*** and had no heart '

That 1st commentwas old I just reposted it so I still feel the show and Jaun is closer to this acting career than Bruce Lee or Leroy ever where.

But Rocky I'll never say that. I'm glad to seE you are a hoopster, me to I love basketball. Hence the name. It's beyond time to be optimistic everyone involved from that show shoul be banned from boxing.

And don't ever mention Stalone and Bruce Lee in the same thread again. as far as we no Stalone has never had an argument let alone a fight outside the MOVIES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BalcoBonds25
    ^He's 4-0 someone is gonna beat his ass, he'll be 5-2 by next year.
    oNCE AGAIN THE POST ABOVE YOURS IS OLD DISREGARDIT. I HATE REALITY SHOWS I SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER. ACTUALLY IF ITS NOT SPORTS I HATE TELEVISION ALL TOGETHER.

sOMEONE CUT LEONARD A CHECK AND GIVE SLY A ROLE IN AMOVIE SO WE CAN CANCEL THIS SHOW AND GET ON TO SOME REAL BOXING.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO - this show isn't done very well for boxing fans at all.

Boxing fans want to see uncut boxing, and these fights are edited w/ focus on the drama - clearly trying to appeal to the "reality show addicts" IMO.

I haven't been watching much of the show, but the yahoo site does a good job of including fights and lengthy clips after the shows air.

Nobody is talking about Joey Gilbert, personally, he seems sharp, minus the injury. I am slightly biased because I saw him fight in Tahoe last year, and he looks good, decent begining record, and fights w/ decent skill.

My take on his fight is that the fight probably looked alot different if you were to see the un-edited version (as I am sure most would), they make it look like he won the first 2 rounds, then he repulls his hamstring, looks like he looses the next 2, then comes back strong in the 5th to take the decision - despite how the fight may have looked in all reality, can't take anything away from somebody that dominated a fight w/ an injury. He through some sloppy flurries at the end of the rounds, looks like he may have been making up for lost points - good plan.

... just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I jjust hope they don't edited the finals. That will suck a$$.

Did any you guys saw in the comercial of the finals when Amed was KO somebody.?
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like ahmed im glad hes coming back i like his cocky style, and yes he does bring drama to the show which in my opinon it would be insteresting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i was very impressed with joey gilbert.

i think my favorite fighters left on the show would be alfonzo and sergio.

LOL at balco sayin jaun look like pharrel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea..i think ahmed will KO somebody.. But anyways..u cant believe this link http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=239085 . Why the fu ck wouldnt they just say Juan was 40 - 0 ? i mean cmon..that site might not be true. And plus..he looks 18, talks like hes 18, and acts 18. The show wouldnt be stupid enough to do that. Anyhow, hes like tyson a lot to me. Look at tysons fights..he walks in..throws in a few punches as hard as he can and the guy is down. Thats what Juan does..except he doesnt have the power yet. Tysons punches were mostly power punches.. And he fought like an amateur because he IS AN AMATEUR. Stop making it like its a big deal..and it was just one measly fight which he said was a sloppy fight himself. Now i agree Juan didnt have the attitude to stay and fight and wussy out, but still i bet he could whoop all their asses..especially when he is their age. Why rip on the kid.

As for the show..it probably has been edited with the sound effects..but im sure the conversations during the match werent planned. And for sure the match results couldnt have been planned. Neither the acting. And also the final match is live..so they cant fool around with that. The show is more real than any other reality show that has been here. I doubt what you guys found on the boxing site is true about de la rosa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Contender - JUAN DE LA ROSA leaves..AHMED IS BACK!

O.K. so the young Tyson was a stretch , but Rocky. Tsk Tsk , all in all what everyone is trying to say is he has a lot of potential. Before the show even started I took a liking to the kid and followed the show mainly for him and Ishe.

Now take back all that tripe taht you said to me and say ' Rocky you were right in everything you said, the kid did look really s*** and had no heart '

Dude..he ahd a shi tty match. You cant judge him from one match. The people on the show said it themselves..he looked amazing in training..but he had a bad match. You cant judge him by one match. And ofcourse he had heart. He won the match with heart. He had a shitty match and still beat the larger tarrick! At the end..i agree he did wuss out but he was scared like a typical 18 year old. He has a bright future ahead of him and his wrists were broken. He made a good decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Contender - JUAN DE LA ROSA leaves..AHMED IS BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by BalcoBonds25
    EXPOSEDÂ
    THAT IS SOO CRAZY! J.P. IS THE BEST BOXER ON THAT DAMN SHOW! > JESUS! J.P IS GONNA MAKE A COMEBACK AND KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS! I LOVE U BABE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who is JP? Its Juan De La rosa and i like him the best too and i think he is the best. Dont listen too those guys. I have talked with people who have actually gone to the boxing matches and they told me that the show has real drama, real tears, the matches are for real, there is no acting, it is not scripted. although some of the matches look more intense on T.V. because they dont show the hugging or anything, but that it. And also the director does comment on certain situations that he would like to happen, but it is still a reality show and they do their own thing and dont care about that because if it is not reality, they can get in big trouble or something that is what i heard and i believe it is the truth because i talked to HUSH and other people who have been there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just wanted to make a comment about Juan De la Rosa. I know the kid's family and I've seen him grow up. I don't know how that site came up with the age 22. He is 18. I also know that his record wasn't 4-0, I haven't seen many of his fights but I do read about them in the paper, and ask his Mom or Dad how he did after them. The last time I had talked to his Dad before the show he was 12-0, maybe 12-0-1. His Dad is also his trainer, btw.

I watch him workout often, he is in the same gym I workout in. He always looks sharp, a really sharp, hard jab. I was surprised when I watched him fight on the show, I think it must have just been a bad fight, maybe being nervous and wanting it too bad.

It was also a bad decision to leave the show, in my opinion, he probably would have been medically DQ'ed anyway, so why make it look like he was a quitter or scared. Looking at it now, I'm not so sure it was a bad decision. Wait 6 months and see how many of the losing boxers you can name. If he didn't think he was ready to win the whole thing, emotionally, physically or by skill then why derail a career that is going well. How many 18 year old boxers are ready for a world championship? That is what this amounted to emotionally.

I'm pulling for Alphonso, he has stepped up and been the better man every time, both in his decisions and in his fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wolvhund
    I just wanted to make a comment about Juan De la Rosa. I know the kid's family and I've seen him grow up. I don't know how that site came up with the age 22. He is 18. I also know that his record wasn't 4-0, I haven't seen many of his fights but I do read about them in the paper, and ask his Mom or Dad how he did after them. The last time I had talked to his Dad before the show he was 12-0, maybe 12-0-1. His Dad is also his trainer, btw.

I watch him workout often, he is in the same gym I workout in. He always looks sharp, a really sharp, hard jab. I was surprised when I watched him fight on the show, I think it must have just been a bad fight, maybe being nervous and wanting it too bad.

It was also a bad decision to leave the show, in my opinion, he probably would have been medically DQ'ed anyway, so why make it look like he was a quitter or scared. Looking at it now, I'm not so sure it was a bad decision. Wait 6 months and see how many of the losing boxers you can name. If he didn't think he was ready to win the whole thing, emotionally, physically or by skill then why derail a career that is going well. How many 18 year old boxers are ready for a world championship? That is what this amounted to emotionally.

I'm pulling for Alphonso, he has stepped up and been the better man every time, both in his decisions and in his fights.

Thread Information