Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cory Spinks scraping the barrell again.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cory Spinks scraping the barrell again.

er...wrong post. Wrong thread..wrong forum too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, Bilbo, I doubt if it has much to do with Cory personally turning down better fighters. Most boxers will box anyone, but they let their management make the fights. And, even then, the opportunities aren't always plentiful. Spinks has a boring style, let's face it. Most fans don't want to see him, therefore most of the top fighters in his weight class don't want to face him because the risk/reward doesn't balance. It's business. Who the hell at 154 wants to fight a guy who will bring them little capital and most likely connect them to a stinker?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Hey man Verno is the one of the most underrated and underappreciated guys in the sport. He deserves this fight and deserves a big payday. Also I think he has the right style to beat Spinks. Even though he is older he has looked very good as of late and he has been in with everybody so Im picking him to beat Spinks, maybe even stop him.
    CC mate Verno has always been under estimated and appreciated...he is just not a guy that draws alot of attention personality wise...he is real quiet...just like to go in do his job and call it a day...I have known Verno since I was a teenager and train both his sons Josh and Thage in the amateurs...Agree Verno does deserve a decent payday...though I don't think he will get a big one against Spinks it will be decent
    Verno Phillips is a very good boxer. Better than Spinks and Taylor IMO. But he's also gettin old.
    He is on his way out....Good fighter though who If he had a better promotion team over the years would have been a big star in the sport IMO
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys are telling jokes. Spinks will have an easy time of beating Phillips. He was a guy who WAS good. When he was on, he was on as in the humiliating defeat of Kostya Tzsyu. But he was surrounded by the wrong people and fell short of his potential. Face it, Verno looked old 3 or 4 years ago, now he's probably only in the ring because he needs the scratch.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    You guys are telling jokes. Spinks will have an easy time of beating Phillips. He was a guy who WAS good. When he was on, he was on as in the humiliating defeat of Kostya Tzsyu. But he was surrounded by the wrong people and fell short of his potential. Face it, Verno looked old 3 or 4 years ago, now he's probably only in the ring because he needs the scratch.

Verno doesn't need the money...he has a few business's and some property....He was never a guy who lived beyond his means or extravigant....He is not big bucks rich but he is comfortable and will not be now or ever one of thise ex fighters living off of SSi or something...plus his wife makes a decent living
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    Wrong fighter man. Your thinking of Vince Phillips
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crap, I ALWAYS get them confused. Verno Phillips could DEFINITELY take the fight.
    Oops

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey man Verno is the one of the most underrated and underappreciated guys in the sport. He deserves this fight and deserves a big payday. Also I think he has the right style to beat Spinks. Even though he is older he has looked very good as of late and he has been in with everybody so Im picking him to beat Spinks, maybe even stop him.
    CC mate Verno has always been under estimated and appreciated...he is just not a guy that draws alot of attention personality wise...he is real quiet...just like to go in do his job and call it a day...I have known Verno since I was a teenager and train both his sons Josh and Thage in the amateurs...Agree Verno does deserve a decent payday...though I don't think he will get a big one against Spinks it will be decent
    That's pretty much how I see it, he deserves a payday, he's just a solid guy.

Though I don't think like some people that he'll win.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Verno Phillips is a very good boxer. Better than Spinks and Taylor IMO. But he's also gettin old.
    He is on his way out....Good fighter though who If he had a better promotion team over the years would have been a big star in the sport IMO
    Phillips is a good boxer. Slick and what not. I don't know that he would have been a star. But he would have been a World Champion a couple times, instead of interim World Champ, which is what he was I believe while Ouma was injured. I like Phillips, pissed me off when he beat my boy Teddy Reid up so bad though. Reid was crude, but such a WARRIOR!
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still no mention of Roman Karmizan?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Phillips is a good boxer. Slick and what not. I don't know that he would have been a star. But he would have been a World Champion a couple times, instead of interim World Champ, which is what he was I believe while Ouma was injured. I like Phillips, pissed me off when he beat my boy Teddy Reid up so bad though. Reid was crude, but such a WARRIOR!
    Verno was the IBF Light Middleweight and WBO Light Middleweight Champion.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah...well then it looks like I am wrong yet again. Don't care though, Mayorga beat Vargas so its all good. That made my boxing year.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah...well then it looks like I am wrong yet again. Don't care though, Mayorga beat Vargas so its all good. That made my boxing year.
    bro, Mayorga did indeed beat Vargas

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Verno is a solid guy but a bit far past his best to trouble Spinks. Cory does need to start looking at a Karmazin rematch or try to get Forrest, Alcine or Dzindiruk in the ring. Theres not a lot going on at 154 at the moment so Spinks should try to clean it out while waiting for another big fight to come along.

The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spinks Is the kind of guy I watch only in the hopes he gets KTFO.Hes also "touched" in the head.
    Great fleet footed flight not fight guy though

I pray for Vernos old school arching L.Hook..........ala Julian Jackson KO win

Thread Information