Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Teddy Atlas on ESPN talking about Hatton-Mayweather

There's literally no one in the world that annoys me more than Teddy Atlas. Hell to me would be stuck in a small room with Teddy Atlas endlessly blabbering on about how a fighter's gotta make the right choices.

Just to get that out of the way.

He was on ESPN this morning talking about the fight. Picked Mayweather to win by decision, close one. He did however manage to get in a "Ricky Hatton knows the right choices to make" which was not surprising.

Kind of odd was one of the main rationales for picking Floyd. Which was the fact that Graham uses that giant body bag thing. Says that because it sticks out so far, like a fat person's gut according to Teddy, Hatton starts his body punches from too far out. This will lead to Ricky making the wrong choices.

Good analysis? Bizarre? Or will Floyd win cause he's just the better fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Teddy Atlas on ESPN talking about Hatton-Mayweather

Teddy Atlas is seriously boring, but you have to respect his views on boxing. On the body bag thing, I suppose he has a point, but Hatton has managed to find the body of leaner opponents in previous fights, so I doubt that would be a massive influence if he loses the fight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no idea but hasn't Hatton been using that thing for pretty much his whole career.

Either way I try to disregard anything Teddy says whether it makes sense or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw that also on 1st take. I like Teddy, but he does get annoying at times. Thankfully he didn't go into some bizarre analogy about Floyd being a cheese grater and Hatton being the cheese or something far out. The body bag critique, it made some sense, but obviously it's an integral part of Hatton's training and a little late to change things now. Floyd is just a better fighter IMO anyways, broader in scope of weapons he has, and it's not so much the body bag and how Hatton attacks it but how effective Hattton can be even hitting Floyd in the 1st place. Floyd won't let him get any freebies, and will punish Hatton up the middle.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally, I like Teddy. He knows his stuff; I suppose the problem lies in his ability to communicate it to others. I think I understand him, though.
    Oops

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm sure he's probably an all right guy, well actually what do I know, but either way he annoys me as a commentator. Just never stops talking and always repeats himself, always talks about the same things in every fight.

Does anybody know if Hatton's been using that bag his whole career.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Teddy. Besides being an annoying Moe Sizlac-looking motherfucker, he's been around and he generally knows his S***. But like mentioned above, I don't see how the bodybag argument is valid, because Ricky's been using it pretty much his whole career and he's never had a bodypunching problem.

Maybe he means that he should be sharpening up his punches because a guy like FLoyd will pick him apart if he wings them like he normally does? I dunno. Its a little late in Hatton's career to be making big adjustments like that.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This body bag thing, well fuuck me!!!

It is like running, the most staple thing of a runners training, "well he may be running but its not exactly darting all over the place as you would if you were actualy in the ring"

The body bag is just for Hatton to keep that relentless agression

Atlas knows f*ck all, which top fighters has Atlas kept at the top?

Hatton knows how far away the bag is, just as he knew how far Castillos body was

Floyd has been feasting off tainted fighters for the last few years, ricky is gonna make him work and make it uncomfortable, I dont think Floyds old legs will let him fight hard carrying around his bigger frame

Against De La Hoya he was allowed to rest, Ricky will treat him with disdain

I see Floyd whining to the ref about rickys rough stuff and not being able to keep up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Atlas most of the time, but I doubt his own mother can take him in large doses.

Anyway, the bulging body bag comment would make sense if Hatton was farsighted.  I'm pretty sure he will be able to see whether or not Mayweather is close enough to hit. 

Maybe I'm wrong and Atlas is right, but I think his statement makes Hatton look like an idiot who cannot* see straight.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla
    I like Atlas most of the time, but I doubt his own mother can take him in large doses.

Anyway, the bulging body bag comment would make sense if Hatton was farsighted. I'm pretty sure he will be able to see whether or not Mayweather is close enough to hit.

Maybe I'm wrong and Atlas is right, but I think his statement makes Hatton look like an idiot who can see straight.
    CC

SigmaMu Guest

The fact that Teddy picked Floyd might be a good thing. Teddy seldomly gets it right. This might be a good omen.
    It's all about real estate, location, location, location. I hate when Teddy said this and he has been saying it a lot. lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cotto_Is_4_Real
    The fact that Teddy picked Floyd might be a good thing. Teddy seldomly gets it right. This might be a good omen.
    It's all about real estate, location, location, location. I hate when Teddy said this and he has been saying it a lot. lol
    I told my uncle on the phone, he was reading what all these different people were predicting......I said what did Teddy say......You should bet on whoever he picks to lose! They didn't have Teddy in the paper though. The had Amir Kahn, Clinton Woods, calzaghe, Graham Earl....lots of chaps.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotto_Is_4_Real
    I told my uncle on the phone, he was reading what all these different people were predicting......I said what did Teddy say......You should bet on whoever he picks to lose! They didn't have Teddy in the paper though. The had Amir Kahn, Clinton Woods, calzaghe, Graham Earl....lots of chaps.
    As a good rule of thumb you can happily disregard any predictions made by Barry McGuigan as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla

Anyway, the bulging body bag comment would make sense if Hatton was farsighted. I'm pretty sure he will be able to see whether or not Mayweather is close enough to hit.

Maybe I'm wrong and Atlas is right, but I think his statement makes Hatton look like an idiot who can see straight.
    Ahahahaha,CC,funny stuff.

Thread Information