Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Stewart: talks about Cotto and Mayweather"

Great Win PBF against 5'6" bulked HAtton.Mayweather made the right adjustments in the 8 round and figure him out and KO's HAtton. Great Win.

NOw. One more win and I personally wil carry you to the Hall Of Fame. Go fight Cotto in Summer 2008 or when ever you want it to be in the 08

Article

"The TRUTH about Floyd Mayweather""The TRUTH about Floyd Mayweather"

http://www.sbsun.com/sports/ci_7656889

Some quotes:

Trainer Emanuel Steward, like Arum, is in the Hall of Fame. He doesn't understand all the fuss about Mayweather, either. In his mind, Mayweather has gone about avoiding all of the other true top welterweight fights.

Steward mentioned Cotto, Antonio Margarito, Paul Williams and "Sugar" Shane Mosley as fighters Mayweather should be trying to fight, but won't.

"I think a guy who fights against the best competition, and has his performance against the best," Steward said, describing his idea of a great pound-for-pound fighter. "How can you be pound-for-pound (best) when you don't want to fight the best?"

Mayweather, 30, was offered $8 million to fight Margarito some time back. Turned it down. Mayweather has scoffed at the idea of fighting Mosley. When asked about fighting Cotto, Mayweather refused to entertain the notion.

"This isn't Cotto's thing," Mayweather said, meaning he was on the call to talk about Hatton.

Arum has said that Mayweather will never fight Cotto because it's too dangerous of a fight for Mayweather.

Steward intimated that Mayweather needs to fight Cotto, as well as the others, if he wants to truly be boxing's pound-for-pound king. Steward noted that the welterweight division is the most talented in the sport today.

"To me, the guy that's out there who nobody may want to look at, I look at Miguel Cotto," said Steward, who trains one of the other welterweight champions, Kermit Cintron, but did not bring up his name. "Here is a guy who fought the best that he could at 140 (junior welterweight). And he whipped everybody. He's been knocked down, always finds a way to come back and win fights.

"Then moving up to 147 and fighting the best up here. Never dodges anyone."

Never runs from an opponent, either. To Steward, that's all Mayweather does; run from the best and avoid the best.

"You don't want to fight any of these guys and still you want to be considered the top welterweight when you won't even fight welterweights?" Steward said. "I just don't see it. I mean, you got people like Cotto who is out here fighting his (butt) off with the best.

"Great fighters like (Muhammad) Ali, he wouldn't have said, `Well, I don't want to fight this guy because he doesn't mean anything.' He fought everybody, went all over the world, fought all the best fighters in their countries. (Sugar Ray) Robinson did the same thing. Joe Louis. Those were great pound-for-pound fighters. I've never known a great fighter who picked and chose his fights."
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Stewart: talks about Cotto and Mayweather"

Emmanuel Steward can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. He only ever has negative's to say about any fighter.

He moans about Floyd even when he puts on virtuoso performances yet cannot seem to motivate his own fighters.

Meanwhile he's taken two of the most promising young fighters in the sport and turned them into virtual journeymen.

Steward

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Emmanuel Steward can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. He only ever has negative's to say about any fighter.

He moans about Floyd even when he puts on virtuoso performances yet cannot seem to motivate his own fighters.

Meanwhile he's taken two of the most promising young fighters in the sport and turned them into virtual journeymen.

Steward

cintron is garbage with or without him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SalTheButcher
    Emmanuel Steward can F*** off as far as I'm concerned. He only ever has negative's to say about any fighter.

Steward

cintron is garbage with or without him
    cintron is not garbage

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8kEryR5wj9o...</param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8kEryR5wj9o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

huge hatton fan,was so upset he lost,cant stand floyd but he is one of the best ever,i think he would hav held his own wit any of the top stars from any era,the best fighter ive seen in my lifetime so far....,i was 2 young when sugar ray and hagler were around,i after last night i think floyd goes down along side them and if he were to beat cotto,then i would hav him rated higher than hagler and hearns but just below sugar ray and duran....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Stewart should probably spend a little more time learning how to train the fighters he has and a little less time spewing jealousy at fighters who would never consider working with him. That way, maybe his fighters wouldn't get KTFO in middleweight title bouts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fighters like (Muhammad) Ali, he wouldn't have said, `Well, I don't want to fight this guy because he doesn't mean anything.' He fought everybody, went all over the world, fought all the best fighters in their countries. (Sugar Ray) Robinson did the same thing. Joe Louis. Those were great pound-for-pound fighters. I've never known a great fighter who picked and chose his fights."
    Stewart can talk crap all he wants but this time he hit the nail, in what he says about Cotto and a lot of stuff about Mayweather and of course that quote above.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is actually one of the rare times stewart is spot on. who has floyd fought at ww? Can anyone with the right mind set say he has beaten the best ww out there nope, but COTTO has. to mean shane was the best ww til cotto fair and square beat him.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Marvelous Rain
    this is actually one of the rare times stewart is spot on. who has floyd fought at ww? Can anyone with the right mind set say he has beaten the best ww out there nope, but COTTO has. to mean shane was the best ww til cotto fair and square beat him.
    His last two fights he's beaten the undipsuted light welterweight champ and Oscar De La Hoya who despite the hate he gets was certainly the biggest star at light middle and probably the best of all the current 154 lb mediocre champs.

Cotto beat Judah, who Floyd already beat and Mosely which was a great win.

For me Zab Judah, De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton by KO is better than Judah by KO and Mosely points imo.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steward just has it out for Floyd. I remember him saying at one time that Sharmba Mitchell would give Floyd hell with his quick hands and southpaw style.

If you don't think Floyd is all that, you're either biased or you don't know a fucking thing about boxing. Since Steward can't really be accused of the latter, I think it makes it pretty clear what his problem is.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His last two fights he's beaten the undipsuted light welterweight champ and Oscar De La Hoya who despite the hate he gets was certainly the biggest star at light middle and probably the best of all the current 154 lb mediocre champs.

For me Zab Judah, De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton by KO is better than Judah by KO and Mosely points imo.
    Hey in my book Bilbo he(Floyd) just needs one more win and that is fighting Cotto at leas maybe fighting PW. You know like Tito did after clearing 147 and 154 he want it to fight the best at 160 so he want it B-Hop and if he won he want it to fight the Best on another level witch by that time was Roy Jone Tr.

He Floyd says that Cotto along with PW will are going to be a walk in the parkso why in the world he won't fight them and finally be recognize by all for real
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

YEA he beats oscar barely, then moves 7lbs down and challenges an undefeated champ to move up 7lbs so they can meet at 147. (14lbs differencial) then he knocks out the little guy, wow im so impress!!!!!!!!!Floyd really should be p4p best, i mean nobody knocks out a guy who basically is 2 division below where you were. Floyd is just damn great my golly. if floyd could hurt ricky like that shane and cotto would of killed ricky. floyd is not a big puncher, but obviously ricky had no business at 147 we all know that now. Great pick by floyd....I mean great win by floyd.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puya

Hey in my book Bilbo he(Floyd) just needs one more win and that is fighting Cotto at leas maybe fighting PW. You know like Tito did after clearing 147 and 154 he want it to fight the best at 160 so he want it B-Hop and if he won he want it to fight the Best on another level witch by that time was Roy Jone Tr.

He Floyd says that Cotto along with PW will are going to be a walk in the parkso why in the world he won't fight them and finally be recognize by all for real
    I agree he definitely hasn't beaten the best in his division yet and once Cotto and Williams have established who is the best Floyd NEEDS to fight the winner for his legacy.

However people who say Cotto deserves to be number 1 at welter above Floyd just irk me. Floyd is the unbeaten undisputed p4p best fighter in the world AND he's the linear welterweight champ.

Yet people (even normally sensible posters like Gamo) still claim that Cotto is really number one at welterweight.

Number 1 contender, for sure, but number 1 above Floyd.......c'mon you kidding me

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

YEA he beats oscar barely, then moves 7lbs down and challenges an undefeated champ to move up 7lbs so they can meet at 147. (14lbs differencial) then he knocks out the little guy, wow im so impress!!!!!!!!!Floyd really should be p4p best, i mean nobody knocks out a guy who basically is 2 division below where you were. Floyd is just damn great my golly. if floyd could hurt ricky like that shane and cotto would of killed ricky. floyd is not a big puncher, but obviously ricky had no business at 147 we all know that now. Great pick by floyd....I mean great win by floyd.
    Floyd is a superfeatherweight/lightweight fighter Rains. He's fought 4 divisions above his starting weight and won. Ricky moves up one division, gets a gift then gets knocked out.

Show me another fighter whose moved through 5 weight classes and beaten everybody he's ever faced.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto is the real welterweight, his the one underfire there and still undefeated his been there through it all. floyd has been bouncing around trying to avoid having to fight the true weltwerweights. I won't be suprise if floyd fights at 140 next or back up at 154 just to avoid them bad asses at 147. Its weird cause peeps can say floyd is the best p4p but not all can really say his the best welterweight til he beats cotto. nevermind maybe floyd will just really retire, he may end up like roy jones so maybe he should.

Thread Information