Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dean Francis

Saw Dean Francis on ITV 4 he was poor compared to the fighter 8 years ago. He never used his right hand for 3 rounds. However he has signed a long term contract and is building up his confidence and in time could win a world title, when Galzaghe is out of the way. Dean used to be a brilliant fighter when he was beating Starie and others. I do not think he can capture that form again but he could do well. I hope he does it, he was my British Roy Jones. What do people think?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dean Francis

I thought he was poor, but didn't they say he injured his right arm? I thought thats why he was just throwing it to set up the left. If he was injured then he did a good job of just getting through it. He won pretty widely on the scores so who knows?

It crossed my mind though that he was signed by Warren as a setup for Nathan Cleverly's career. The idea being it'd be easy to get Cleverly a Commonwealth Light-Heavy shot.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When Francis went out and KO'd Ovill McKenzie with one punch, I think he knew then that it was really his last chance at doing anything and that if he lost that fight, it was all over for him. that's why he threw the big right straight away with devastating consequences in that bout.

In the fight last saturday, I thought he was now a fighter with something to lose, knowing his right shoulder can't really hold up, and was really very cautious and didn't show much to suggest he can go that much further than Commonwealth title really. I always like to see the British boys doing well, so if he goes on to better things then props to him, and with Sports Network behind him will help too, however I think a good workrate boxing light heavy with a decent chin would probably beat Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by nfkzb
    It crossed my mind though that he was signed by Warren as a setup for Nathan Cleverly's career. The idea being it'd be easy to get Cleverly a Commonwealth Light-Heavy shot.
    Some people would argue that he did the same thing with Souleymane Mbaye in an attempt to tempt Hatton, but then used him to boost the career of Gavin Rees.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some?

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah the M'baye-Hatton situation was obvious. Just like the M'baye-Rees fix situation.

One-arm Francis would beat Nathan Cleverly on the bridle.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Francis is not being set up by Warren. He is a class fighter if he regains his confidence and right hand.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    I hope Francis is not being set up by Warren. He is a class fighter if he regains his confidence and right hand.
    You see, the one thing that we didn't see any signs of at all was Francis having a shadow of his right hand left. HE did alright with one hand, but better opponents will expose him badly if he can't put his right hand back in action.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC agreed but I think in time it will come back and he will be a force, but the older the more prone you are to injuries and the it takes longer to recover, so if he stays injury free he should do well.

Thread Information