Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd vs Williams = Mosley vs Forrest

The reach, height and punch output of Williams may be too much for Mayweather. There is no way Mayweather would be able to get inside and Williams would counter him all day if he tried.

I know Floyd fans will bring Corrales(RIP) but Corrales did NOT use height/reach in that fight. For some reason, he wanted to get in close with Floyd which was a big mistake. Williams would not make that mistake.

If this fight happened, it would be very similiar to Mosley/Forrest meaning Williams with a UD over PBF.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Floyd vs Williams = Mosley vs Forrest

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez786
    The reach, height and punch output of Williams may be too much for Mayweather. There is no way Mayweather would be able to get inside and Williams would counter him all day if he tried.

I know Floyd fans will bring Corrales(RIP) but Corrales did NOT use height/reach in that fight. For some reason, he wanted to get in close with Floyd which was a big mistake. Williams would not make that mistake.

If this fight happened, it would be very similiar to Mosley/Forrest meaning Williams with a UD over PBF.
    Actually You say Corrales don't use his height, but neither does Williams all that much. He likes to get stuck in and have a toe to toe war, i don't think its quite similar to Mosley vs Forrest. Because what gave Mosley trouble was the constant clinching of Forrest, plus Forrest's jab. And also Forrest had mental edge over Mosley since the amateurs.

Williams will be the one attacking Mayweather at all times, using angles, and combination's. Mayweather will be effective by countering but Williams does take a great punch, im not sure Mayweather can keep Williams off him.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reach issue is a huge thing IMO. Floyd has been lucky or smart to steer clear of too many long armed assasins... Come to think of it, the only guy with a bigger reach was Oscar. Wow!

Alos, i think people forget that Corrales had really short arms. Williams has the wingspan of an Albatross!

I CAN actually see Floyd winning this come to think of it. Simply because his punches, IMO have a bit more steak on them than Williams (who cant puch for shat IMO), and also his punches definately WOULD appear more effective.

To me it matters if Williams has the brain to stand just that half a yard out of scope to draw Floyd onto him. If he goes wadding in Floyd will look ultra effective, even if he is getting hit alot.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Williams POTENTIALLY possess the biggest challenge to Floyd. He has the reach, height, and punch output to give Floyd problems. I just think RIGHT NOW he still is a little green. His fight against Margarito was impressive...but i think he needs to sharpen his skills a little more. I think if he continues to improve as a fighter...he can be a true force to be reckoned with. The only problem is...i don't see Floyd fighting Williams anyways...because he can be a stylistic nightmare for him and right he isn't a big name. It could be a case of a lot of risk and not enough reward ($$$) for Floyd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It depends largely on how Williams chose to fight, I think. Against Sharmba Mitchell, Williams walked in whenever he felt like it because he wasn't threatened by his power. Had Mitchell had some oomf to his blows those three left hooks he hit Williams with would have staggered him. But against Margarito we all saw the flurry of punches he threw all night. I think the Margarito version would be problematic for anybody. He could reach across the ring and tap Mayweather and he has a decent inside game. Williams' only major problem is once Mayweather got inside he could ring that chin like a church bell at noon. One of the things Mayweather breaks opponents down with is a body attack and he can use Williams' high workrate against him by utilizing it.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry I don't see it....TBH if Williams does not get his ass in gear he is going to be a flash in the pan....A little too much playing champion then being champion so to speak....

I think Floyd does to him as he pleases...

Title of the thread should be changed to Floyd VS Williams = Hearns VS Leonard..

Minus the power factor,,,Because the big man will put up a great effort but end up on his back
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way would Williams be able to keep Mayweather away... he doesn't put enough behind his punches... I think that Mayweather would either come forward, get on the inside and beat WIlliams up like he did N'Dou another guy who was tall and rangy, but with a lot of power. Or Mayweather would back up, potshot and limit Paul's output... I have a hard time seeing Paul land anything against Mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather would not fight Williams, he's too scared his "0" might go but if it happens at light-middle Williams owns him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Time to Re think , edit and meditate on this thread and posts LOL
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Thread Information