Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default JMM v Erik Morales?

Thoughts?

ICB Guest

Default Re: JMM v Erik Morales?

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Thoughts?
    I think this would be more of a boxing fight, than a slug fest both men have incredible skills sorry to be party pooper Gamo but i can't honestly split em i think it would be a trilogy though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo "Finito" Lopez
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Thoughts?
    I think this would be more of a boxing fight, than a slug fest both men have incredible skills sorry to be party pooper Gamo but i can't honestly split em i think it would be a trilogy though.
    I'ts not being a part pooper bro,thanks for the input. For what it's worth,I'd favour JMM slightly even though I like Morales more. People forget that Morales had TREMENDOUS boxing skills at 1 time in his career before he became a warrior in EVERY SINGLE fight. However,I still feel JMM had the skills necessary to hold him off for 12 rounds.If Morales tried to bum rush JMM,he would get countered.If he tried box with JMM,it would certianly be a tactical affair and I think it would be an SD for either fighter. Would have been awesome to watch though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

JMM

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Erik was too tenacious for his own good. He had skills but often abandoned them in favour of a slug fest. Imo this would be his downfall vs. Marquez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did an article for Ring Sports about 6 years ago, saying this kid Juan Manuel would beat both Morales and Barrera, but unfortunately they're all under Arum and we may never get to see ano of these matches.
    Oscar gets goofed on for a lot of reasons, but we have to give him credit as a promoter - he is opening it up a bit from the old days.
    As for the fight - years later I have seen nothing to change my opinion. If he had just a little more power, to go with his heart, his skills and his ring smarts, Marquez could be a hall of famer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Erik Morales by UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jmm Ud

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still think eric is by the far the most skilled of all 4 (pac,jmm,mab and himself) only cause of eric losing is his such a bad a$$. He rather men up then easily box your head off.

I'll cement this right now and do remember it guys.

Eric "el terrible' Morales would beat all 3 pac, jmm, mab easy prime vs prime. Eric just had to use his reach and boxing skills to cruise, jmm would b hopeless cause he would need to sucker in eric to counter him. Eric would be too smart and just pick him apart from range. Mab too would need to depend in pissing eric off in hope for eric to make the mistake of coming closer but again eric just needs to use his physical advantage cause his already a level above when it comes to skills. As for pac, his hope is to land some power punches. Unlike the other two (jmm,mab) pac doesn't have to depend in eric coming to him. Pac would have a hard time though trying to catch eric but at the same time eating leather for trying.

Eric by u.d. if not tko, eric beats eric nobody else!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the humble opinion of brucelee:

In their prime, I think Morales would win over JMM simply because the two would be too proud not to engage in a slug fest. Remember that Morales was known for his iron chin before meeting Pacquaio. In a slug fest, JMM would most likely be KOed by Morales coz he won't be able to stand the power of Morales. Erik, on the other hand, would be able to withstand JMM's onslaught.

In terms of boxing skills, prime for prime, Morales has a very thin edge over JMM. Skill wise it will be a split decision for Morales.

All in all, Morales would most likely win by UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: JMM v Erik Morales?

JMM..................I beleive that "el Terrible" had a great journey and i think his better days are behind him.

Thread Information