Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Interesting stuff on Tito.

Was watching a list on the 15 biggest underachievers. Out of those fifteen there were four names; Oba Carr, David Reed, Luis Ramon Campas and Fernando Vargas.

They all had one thing in common....Felix Tito Trinidad. There are many who could KO fighters. Tito could KO entire careers.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Interesting stuff on Tito.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rookie Fan
    Was watching a list they had on AUTO MESSAGE: SORRY THIS SITE NAME AND ANY CONTENT FROM IT IS BANNED FROM THIS FORUM PLEASE DELETE on the 15 biggest underachievers. Out of those fifteen there were four names; Oba Carr, David Reed, Luis Ramon Campas and Fernando Vargas.

They all had one thing in common....Felix Tito Trinidad. There are many who could KO fighters. Tito could KO entire careers.
    To be honest yes Tito did ruin some of there career's but lets be honest. They were in very strong era i don't think they could of done any better.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was watching a list they had on boxingscene on the 15 biggest underachievers. Out of those fifteen there were four names; Oba Carr, David Reed, Luis Ramon Campas and Fernando Vargas.

That's a great observation, who ever did that.
    An argument can be made to add Joppy to that list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo "Finito" Lopez
    Was watching a list they had on AUTO MESSAGE: SORRY THIS SITE NAME AND ANY CONTENT FROM IT IS BANNED FROM THIS FORUM PLEASE DELETE on the 15 biggest underachievers. Out of those fifteen there were four names; Oba Carr, David Reed, Luis Ramon Campas and Fernando Vargas.

To be honest yes Tito did ruin some of there career's but lets be honest. They were in very strong era i don't think they could of done any better.
    I don't know, I am probably one of the few who believes that if DLH had faced Pre-Tito Vargas he would've been beat. And no one can tell me David Reed achieved all he was ever going to achieve whether he faced Tito or not.

You are probably right about Campas and Carr though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While i agree..And everyone knows i wont have a bad word said on my man tito..

But personally..Campas although he suffered alot confidence wise more then shot wise from the tito stoppage as he was 50+ fights undefeated when he lost to tito and almost all his wins by ko..

he has made a pretty amazing career for himself..He is still fighting and actually still very good imo..I really like the guy still..

However oba carr is another that was undefeated and taking a beating and the loss from tito affected everything about him.. But also he used to be with emanuel steward( It was manny wasnt it? ) Im pretty sure it was..But he ended up splitting ways with him and ended up with that twat and horrible cunt who took the padding out of one of his fighters gloves and his fighters opponent died as a result of that..

I forget his name.. Either golden something or memphis something..Lol.. I know one of you guys will know it..Its on the tip of my tongue..

But no arguements vargas was so talented but was thoroughly shot from that fight..Joppy too was never the same and was a gatekeeper from then on..
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick

That's a great observation, who ever did that.
    An argument can be made to add Joppy to that list.
    I'd say Joppy really did do all he was ever gonna do before that fight. He had already been a champion for several years. Don't know why he didn't face B-Hop before that though.

Here is one of those headscratcher questions I sometimes think about and you just reminded me.

Do you think the result would've been the same if Tito had faced B-Hop first in the Tournament? Taking away the foreknowledge that Tito still had Power at 160 and was more than capable of KOing him. Hopkins was very respectful of him in the first half of the fight and stuck to his plan to perfection. I sometimes wonder if he would've done that had he not seen what happend to Joppy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BHB, I know what you are saying about Campas. I would'nt rate him as an underachiever either. It is just that the expectations for him were a bit high. He was called the next Chavez for goodness sakes. (Though I would've loved to see how Chavez would've done in the era of Campas).

He was, after all, the only Tito victim who went on to become a champion and continued to have some success afterwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BHB, I know what you are saying about Campas. I would'nt rate him as an underachiever either. It is just that the expectations for him were a bit high. He was called the next Chavez for goodness sakes. (Though I would've loved to see how Chavez would've done in the era of Campas).

He was, after all, the only Tito victim who went on to become a champion and continued to have some success afterwards.
    Most definately..Hes a great guy.. I bet he could have done something big at welter had it not been for tito.. And it just testifies to tito's quality of even his early opposition that yuri boy managed to grab a belt at 154 later in his career.. And even to today Imo he beat duddy.. He beat norberto bravo.. he kinda reminds me of roberto duran.. Past his prime, Good solid warrior, loves to fight and is still in the fight game putting food on the table
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was watching a list on the 15 biggest underachievers. Out of those fifteen there were four names; Oba Carr, David Reed, Luis Ramon Campas and Fernando Vargas.

That is pretty darn interesting. Man Tito was a beast in the ring!

ICB Guest

I don't know, I am probably one of the few who believes that if DLH had faced Pre-Tito Vargas he would've been beat. And no one can tell me David Reed achieved all he was ever going to achieve whether he faced Tito or not.

You are probably right about Campas and Carr though.
    I disagree about Reid, he had the droopy eye problem and even if he didn't fight Tito, the way his eye was his career wouldn't of lasted that much longer anyway.

Vargas was on steroids and still couldn't beat Oscar De La Hoya, and i don't think Vargas was that much ruined by Tito as some people think. He performed very well in Oscar De La Hoya fight and he was only behind 2 points on my card until the stoppage.

Campas was only ever goodish at best, most of his wins come against cab driver's he was never elite. Carr was good fighter but he wouldn't of ever have beat the best 90s Welterweight's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree about Reid, he had the droopy eye problem and even if he didn't fight Tito, the way his eye was his career wouldn't of lasted that much longer anyway.

Reid,s eye did not stop him from winning a gold medal and it did not stop him from becoming a world champion. And it was after the fight with Tito that he suffered the detached retina which really compounded the problem. Though I do think his career was rushed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reid,s eye did not stop him from winning a gold medal and it did not stop him from becoming a world champion. And it was after the fight with Tito that he suffered the detached retina which really compounded the problem. Though I do think his career was rushed.
    The guy was a great fighter but he was only 14-0 i guess..Mind you..I think he showed he could hang with tito for a while so he may have been as ready as he ever was going to be..

And i suppose if you think of it as a titleholder he was going to go up against strong competition and if tito didnt fight him then he may have fought a few more times and the droop may have got worse before he stepped in with tito and experiance gained would have meant nothing cos the man would have been in grave danger
    Immortal Technique

ICB Guest

But he had bad swelling problem's with that eye even before Tito fight if i remember right. Trust me Reid would not have had a long career with his droopy eye problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BHB

The guy was a great fighter but he was only 14-0 i guess..Mind you..I think he showed he could hang with tito for a while so he may have been as ready as he ever was going to be..

And i suppose if you think of it as a titleholder he was going to go up against strong competition and if tito didnt fight him then he may have fought a few more times and the droop may have got worse before he stepped in with tito and experiance gained would have meant nothing cos the man would have been in grave danger
    I had Reid vs Tito even after 6 rounds, then Tito really took over and hammered Reid after that. But even in the 12th round Reid showed a lot of guts and even comeback a little in 12th round if i remember right, David Reid reminds me of Davey Moore who won title early like Reid then Moore run into Duran when he only had 12 pro fights and took a pasting and he never recovered from it, similar to Reid vs Tito except Reid was at least competitive with Tito for 6 rounds Moore just got battered from the opening bell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But he had bad swelling problem's with that eye even before Tito fight if i remember right. Trust me Reid would not have had a long career with his droopy eye problem.

I had Reid vs Tito even after 6 rounds, then Tito really took over and hammered Reid after that. But even in the 12th round Reid showed a lot of guts and even comeback a little in 12th round if i remember right, David Reid reminds me of Davey Moore who won title early like Reid then Moore run into Duran when he only had 12 pro fights and took a pasting and he never recovered from it, similar to Reid vs Tito except Reid was at least competitive with Tito for 6 rounds Moore just got battered from the opening bell.
    Certainly, I cant really argue with you there..

The guy was fast skillful like i said before..It may have been he was as ready for tito as he was ever going to be..

Certainly didnt put himself to shame and put up a fight
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Certainly, I cant really argue with you there..

The guy was fast skillful like i said before..It may have been he was as ready for tito as he was ever going to be..

Certainly didnt put himself to shame and put up a fight
    The fact that he made it past the 12th after that beating speaks volumes. And, yes he was giving Tito all he could handle for 6 rounds. That was a real good fight.

Thread Information