Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Should you lift weights on a full stomach if you want to gain weight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should you lift weights on a full stomach if you want to gain weight?

Should you lift weights on a full stomach if you want to gain weight or does it matter? I've heard if you're trying to lose weight, to lift weights on an empty stomach?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should you lift weights on a full stomach if you want to gain weight?

You dont want to lift on a full stomach because all that heavy breathing will cause the food to come back up - you should always wait at least 30 minutes after your meal before a workout - that allows at least some nutrients/energy for your workout and you should receive a good flow of nutrients/energy throughout your workout - after working out also eat or drink things high in protein or what ever supplements you're into

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should you lift weights on a full stomach if you want to gain weight?

Quote Originally Posted by DMD
    Should you lift weights on a full stomach if you want to gain weight or does it matter? I've heard if you're trying to lose weight, to lift weights on an empty stomach?
    yes just like you should go swimming with a full stomach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Always good to eat something high in carbs before going to the gym, especially if you lift in the morning. But just moderately. For me, I get up at 4:45, and warm up a bowl of pasta with just a touch of cheese and italian dressing (yes, I know I should eat it plane, but you can only eat plain pasta so many times a week). I usually get to the gym by 5:15, and lift weights, run 3 miles, then box, and am in the office by 9:30. So its imporant to get those carbs in the morning to give you a little boost, and its much better for you then coffee. I also take hyrdoxycut, but it just aint the same without ephreda. Try to get most of your carbs in by lunch time, and try for mainly protein after lunch. You'll gain muscle, and loose inchs on your waist.

Thread Information