Many years ago… & I mean many many years ago…this fight would have most boxing fans soiling themselves, but today & in the upcoming weeks to the bout…the majority of us are still scratching our fwockin heads.

What am I talking about?

I’m talking about boxings’ first star studded offer of the New Year : the January 19th, 2008 “superfight” featuring Roy Jones jr & Tito Trinidad as they battle it out for…errrrrmmmm…well…I suppose the right to say…I beat the man…that was a beaten man.

Honestly…I really don’t care for this match up…period…whether it be now or then. It’s just not that much of a nail biter for me. There’s no drama in it & there’s really not much competition to be brought, in Wacko’s humble opinion.

That being said…I’ll be watching…& covering it from the couch for another installment of Wacko’s Round by Round…Jones jr vs. Trinidad.

With both men near either of their primes, this could be a bit more competitive than it had a chance of being nearly a decade or so ago. Roy’s nowhere near his former “athletically superior” self & Trinidad hasn’t fought in two years…he’s also never beaten a boxer with a defense or ability to work a game plan.

It’s easy to categorize both men as stars…or previous one’s & their surely veterans…coming in at age 39 for Jones and 35 years of age for Trinidad. The thing is…the years have not been that kind to them as they have both been humiliated in the late stages of their careers. While there are many factors to be discussed…probably too many to list in this synopsis…I’d honestly rather us all drum ‘em up in this thread than me list them here on the front page.

Well…a Happy New Year to all on board…& let’s get set for another great year in boxing. As usual…I’ll be covering the bout from the couch…round by round…so do what you do best…look, listen, & let’s all learn from another set of combatants.

Break out the chips & salsa, pour up your poison of choice me bwoyo’s…it’s fight night come January the 19th, 2007.

That's all there is...talk amongst yee-selves!

Cheers bitches…& koneecheewah.