Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How would Pavlik-Abraham go

Would many people pick Abraham?

There are a lot of things I don't like about Abraham, conditioning, how he fights in spurts, but he does have some power and not a bad defense although its just holding his hands up really.

I'd take Pavlik to wear him down, stop him late but Abraham's got a fairly sneaky right and Pavlik can be hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How would Pavlik-Abraham go

The one thing that I like about Abraham is that from what I've seen he's got great hand speed. But he really does fight in spurts, I'm not sure who'd win but I'm leaning towards Kelly.

The one thing I will say about Pavlik is that I think he's a bit overrated and he's gonna get found out pretty soon. I have tremendous respect for the guy getting off the floor against Taylor but he takes A LOT of punishment and his hands are slow. Pavlik gets by on his punching power and sheer determination. If I were Kelly, I would stay away from JoeCal because I think JC would annihillate Kelly.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know if Pavlik's taken a lot of punishment yet. He was brought along pretty slow, a lot of his fights were just total dominations. He's taken some punches versus McKart, forgot his name for the moment but the Mexican dude he fought before Miranda on HBO, Miranda, and Taylor but its not like he's taken an obscene amount of punishment.

And he's not quick but he's not the slowest guy I've ever seen and he's got a nice jab and seems to have good timing.

One thing I wonder about Pavlik is could he fight going backwards. But somebody would have to make him go backwards and they'd take some heavy shots on the way in.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik TKO...

AA is too patient for his own good. I used to be high on AA especially after he beat Ian Gardner. He showed he had the tools they just needed some polishing... But honestly somewhere along the way I just lost interest he just didn't have fire in him. Like I said he stands infront of his opponents for too long just starring. He waits for his opponents to fire off 1st. I just feel that someone for example like Miranda whos a come forward guy will beat him. AA's been able to beat some good opponents but let's be real here the only 2 names that stand out are Eastman & Miranda the others are good opponents....

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    Pavlik TKO...

AA is too patient for his own good. I used to be high on AA especially after he beat Ian Gardner. He showed he had the tools they just needed some polishing... But honestly somewhere along the way I just lost interest he just didn't have fire in him. Like I said he stands infront of his opponents for too long just starring. He waits for his opponents to fire off 1st. I just feel that someone for example like Miranda whos a come forward guy will beat him. AA's been able to beat some good opponents but let's be real here the only 2 names that stand out are Eastman & Miranda the others are good opponents....
    Kinda the same way I am, was high on him for a little bit there and lost interest.

Too patient, just kind of bores me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AA took a lot of abuse from Miranda....IMO Pavlik hits just as if not harder then Edison and he is a heck of a lot more accurate with his shots...plus he is better all around as a boxer....I go with Pavlik by TKO sometime after the 9th a decision mainly due to the abused he took from Miranda
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Daxx Kahn
    AA took a lot of abuse from Miranda....IMO Pavlik hits just as if not harder then Edison and he is a heck of a lot more accurate with his shots...plus he is better all around as a boxer....I go with Pavlik by TKO sometime after the 9th a decision mainly due to the abused he took from Miranda
    agreed 100%

took the words out of my mouth

have a on me.

http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik took a fair bit of punishment from Miranda too though. Abraham has good power as well. I don't think this will be as straight forward as some people think it will be. Pavlik will win by close UD IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    agreed 100%

have a on me.

CC#30 back at ya mate....

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_shaw
    Pavlik took a fair bit of punishment from Miranda too though. Abraham has good power as well. I don't think this will be as straight forward as some people think it will be. Pavlik will win by close UD IMO.

I still go with my first prediction but you are right about opne thing...It will not be straight forward as people think...AA will have his moments...and he has a hell of a chin I will say that much for him...But again IMO the accuracy will be the big factor here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agreed 100%

have a on me.

I still go with my first prediction but you are right about opne thing...It will not be straight forward as people think...AA will have his moments...and he has a hell of a chin I will say that much for him...But again IMO the accuracy will be the big factor here
    Quick Question, could the fact that Abraham's jaw being broken not too long ago still cause him problems or what it be stronger now as the bone has grew back (or whatever broken bones do)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agreed 100%

have a on me.

Quick Question, could the fact that Abraham's jaw being broken not too long ago still cause him problems or what it be stronger now as the bone has grew back (or whatever broken bones do)

assuming the jaw healed with no complications it should not be a factor either way...hell I give him credit for fighting with it broken like it was...AA is a good fighter and I said I agree it will not be a walk over for Pavlik...I just favor Kelly is all..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you for answering my question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pavlik By TKO.....hell, Abraham may even get counted out
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you for answering my question
    CC#156 back at ya

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

agreed 100%

have a on me.

assuming the jaw healed with no complications it should not be a factor either way...hell I give him credit for fighting with it broken like it was...AA is a good fighter and I said I agree it will not be a walk over for Pavlik...I just favor Kelly is all..
    Didn't AA have a steel plate put in his jaw or something like that? I'm sure I remember reading about it. I think as long as the fight lasted it would fairly close, but Pavlik would eventually break down Abraham and win via late TKO. Abraham has great defense, but Pavlik would eventually just hammer his way through it.

Thread Information