My dad died this morning at 12.30 am in Sandwell hospital. I got back home at around 3.30 and, just after, classic fights were on tv, with joe frazier and jimmy ellis. It reminded me of my dad because he always used to talk about watching old fights in the sixties and seventies, not live but highlights. Does anyone know what the show was called? He told me about Marciano and Walcott, and told me that the ref gave marciano one more round before he stopped it. I was fascinated by this, but my old man was always prone to exaggeration so I don't know. He also used to talk about the fight between Emille Griffith and I presume Benny Paret, when he said that it was the worst beating he'd seen anybody take. He told me that after one fight with sugar ray robinson, carmen bassilio's mother couldn't recognise her son. This was probably an exaggeration as well, but it was both horrible and magical to a young boy learning about life and boxing. My dad loved fighters rather than boxers. He said Ali and Leonard were brilliant, but insisted that they were on drugs as nobody could possibly move that fast. His favourites were Duran, Hagler and Tyson. I'll miss him.