Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Margarito - Judah in the works for April 26

Boxingtalk is reporting that fight is close to being agreed upon. This fight is gonna be great but Judah can't stand up to someone like Margarito. Margarito TKO 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margarito - Judah in the works for April 26

So long Judah, Margarito will break him in 7 or 8. A fight I've been wanting 4-ever to happen. Judah will give him some problems early, but Margarito is the type of fighter that Judah will fall apart on. A good name to get Tony in the spotlight.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should be a good fight for the first four or five rounds. Unless Zab gets Margarito out of there before then he'll most likely do what he usually does, start breaking down mentally, throwing one punch at a time here and there and will eventually be stopped.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On another note, there are reasons to dislike Zab but he fights pretty much anybody: Tsyzu, Spinks, Mayweather, Cotto, now Margarito. Throw in some other solid guys, he'll fight just about anybody. Winning those fights hasn't turned out to be his strong suit but he's not scared.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    On another note, there are reasons to dislike Zab but he fights pretty much anybody: Tsyzu, Spinks, Mayweather, Cotto, now Margarito. Throw in some other solid guys, he'll fight just about anybody. Winning those fights hasn't turned out to be his strong suit but he's not scared.
    He fights pretty much anybody now but,and I've said it before and posted about it,when Zab was unified champ,he wanted no part of Tony even though he said he would fight the winner of the Cintron fight,even though the fight was offered to him.I'm pretty sure it was offered to him before the Baldo fight too but he chose Baldo instead.Obviously NOW he is fighting everyone because he is a decent draw and decent test for them but has no belt,has nothing to lose,but when he was a champ,would he have considered fighting Tony/Cotto etc? In my opinion,no I don't think so.

I want Margarito to knock him out in 5 and think he will.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    He fights pretty much anybody now but,and I've said it before and posted about it,when Zab was unified champ,he wanted no part of Tony even though he said he would fight the winner of the Cintron fight,even though the fight was offered to him.I'm pretty sure it was offered to him before the Baldo fight too but he chose Baldo instead.Obviously NOW he is fighting everyone because he is a decent draw and decent test for them but has no belt,has nothing to lose,but when he was a champ,would he have considered fighting Tony/Cotto etc? In my opinion,no I don't think so.

Well I'm no Judah apologist, but its not shocking in the least that he chose Baldo over Margo, the PBF fight was already being lined up next, not suprising that that they would take the easier fight.

Still he had already fought Tsyzu, Spinks, was lined up to fight PBF, then came back to fight Cotto when he really didn't have to. He's fought the best from 140-147, obviously not everybody but better comp than a lot of people have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasn't Baldomir his mandatory though? I might be wrong about that, but I think that was the case. Plus, after Baldomir he had Mayweather already set up, so that was the bigger money fight. I don't think he was ducking Tony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as the fight goes, Judah could win if he fights smart and uses his foot/hand speed to his advantage, fights a stick and move sort of fight, but we all know Judah does not fight smart fights. He'll have his moments but will be put away in the late rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margo walks Judah down. Margo wins. Too strong. Simple

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftHookToTheBody

Wasn't Baldomir his mandatory though? I might be wrong about that, but I think that was the case. Plus, after Baldomir he had Mayweather already set up, so that was the bigger money fight. I don't think he was ducking Tony.
    That was not the only time he didn't want to fight TOny. Like I said,the fight was offered to him on numerous occasions,to get the last title,the WBO one,and he also said he would fight the winner of the Kermit Tony fight. That's the reason Margarito always used to say in interviews which I posted here AGES ago that he would not fight Judah,because Judah never fought him when he needed the big fight. Obviously circumstances have changed now and hopefully,Tony will take the frustration out on Judah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finally this fight sounds like it's gonna go off.

Margarito has never fought anybody remotely close to "King," Judah in terms of skill, speed, etc.

Judah by brutal KO in the 6th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

Margarito has never fought anybody remotely close to "King," Judah in terms of skill, speed, etc.

If Judah could pull things together mentally for one fight, he could certainly win a points decision, but I would be absolutely stunned if he scored a KO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftHookToTheBody
    Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

If Judah could pull things together mentally for one fight, he could certainly win a points decision, but I would be absolutely stunned if he scored a KO.

I have been saying for years now...against everyone he has faced since the Spinks loss....Including PBF and Cotto that if Judah can keep his head together he canm beat them...I still stand by it...but fact is I don't think Zab can keep it together.....I say Judah gives Tony problems for the first 5 and once Tony gets in a rythm he takes complete control and ends it by the 8th or 9th
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margo is no Tszyu, Cotto or PBF and i think Judah has a real chance of a UD in this one.
    I think Margarito is overrated anyway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN
    Margo is no Tszyu, Cotto or PBF and i think Judah has a real chance of a UD in this one.
    I think Margarito is overrated anyway!
    Don't think Margarito is over-rated much anymore, maybe he was a couple years back.

I think this will be the fight that ends Judah's career. I like Zab, but there is no way I can see him winning this. Margarito will not be affected by his power and Zab will probably take a very bad beating.

Thread Information