Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Reyes have their own fit and as others said they are made for afflicting damage
    So you think even the AIBA approved ones are too damaging? My last sparring gloves were AIBA approved and quite soft on my opponents compared to other gloves so I thought maybe these would be too?

What do you mean "they have their own fit" - are they tighter? I have small hands and often find my glove moving when i'm boxing annoys me so that might suit me?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reyes may cost a little more but they are woth every penny. I trained with Grant gloves for five years and though they were great, which they wre, but when they finally got badly worn I bought Reyes and they truly are the best they make. I bought 14 oz gloves anduse them on the bag and when I spar. Ive had them for two years now using them almost everyday and they are still firm and grip my hands perfectly.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: cleto reyes gloves

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post
    So you think even the AIBA approved ones are too damaging? My last sparring gloves were AIBA approved and quite soft on my opponents compared to other gloves so I thought maybe these would be too?

What do you mean "they have their own fit" - are they tighter? I have small hands and often find my glove moving when i'm boxing annoys me so that might suit me?!?

Its how they are padded.....Reyes Reyes distributes their padding away from the knuckle favoring the punchers effect
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is true that Reyes are designed with the more heavier handed fighter in mind and will on exciting fights, but the fact remains, no other brand offer a glove which can match their durability and usability.
    If another company do come up with a concept, I will definitely use them, until then I eagerly await the arrival of my very own cleto's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My browser is going slow as hell today so I havn't had time to check the last 2 pages to see if this has been mentioned, but you should look at ordering them from www.ringside.com

80 pounds is very expensive even though they usually cost more where your from..

Ringside have them for $120 US dollards, which comes out at more like 60 pounds.. They are a very very reputable company, have great shipping and customer service, and you know if anything goes wrong with the order you'll be looked after..

I live in Australia and have ordered from them 3 times now and they have been great every time..
    I even bought the Cleto gloves and they have been spot on for me..

I now have a permanently f'd wrist that needs an operation,,, but that is no fault of the Cleto's.. If i'd had them in the first place instead of my crappy cheap everlast bag gloves, I would probably still have a right hand..

I've tried on a bunch of gloves, but properly wrapped and sliding on the cletos and lacing them up,,, nothing makes you feel more ready for action.
    Last edited by Dizaster; 02-05-2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: update information
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right - thanks for all the input guys.

Based on the info I've got I think I like the idea of the Cletos but I've emailed the company to find out more especially RE the safety features of their AIBA approved gloves. If I find out anything interesting I'll let you know.

I guess I'm thinking that if they last 3 times longer than normal gloves and are a nice tight fit I can get rid of that glove slipping annoyance and save money in the long run since I won't have to replace them as often.

Thanks Diz - I have looked at Ringside but they don't have the AIBA approved Cleto Reyes goves on their web site. I've actually only been able to find one web site which sells them!

It's odd that such a famous gloves is sold by so few stockists and they all only sell a subset of the total range! Now you have mentioned it I'll email them and ask if they can get the other types in.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually shoul;d mention that Ergo now have a very similar glove out for a very cheap price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    I actually shoul;d mention that Ergo now have a very similar glove out for a very cheap price.
    Thanks hitmandonny - I'll keep that in mind. I wish I could just walk into a local store and try em on though!

So you're referring to the white Ergos you ordered for your friend? Have they come yet - did they feel anywhere near as nice as your shiny new green Cletos!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla forgot password View Post
    Thanks hitmandonny - I'll keep that in mind. I wish I could just walk into a local store and try em on though!

So you're referring to the white Ergos you ordered for your friend? Have they come yet - did they feel anywhere near as nice as your shiny new green Cletos!
    Actually they're a new Ergo Glove. They're lace up but have the velcro around for amateur use.

My mates are an old favourite and are quite nice, but in comparison to the cleto's they're very limited.
    Actually I'd reccomend the Cleto's tpo you Sharla, I find you can make them adjust to your hand with the laces if you know what I mean, they can be as big or as small as you like!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I find you can make them adjust to your hand with the laces if you know what I mean, they can be as big or as small as you like!
    You've sold me a pair right there

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla forgot password View Post
    You've sold me a pair right there
    Ha ha thats what I thought!
    I actually just hit you with rep there, but I'll hit your real profile in a while, it was right there in front of me and I still managed to miss that you had a second account!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha ha thats what I thought!
    I actually just hit you with rep there, but I'll hit your real profile in a while, it was right there in front of me and I still managed to miss that you had a second account!
    That's alright - knowing me I'll end up using both anyway since I'll be ditzy enough to forget my password pretty often! I'm a bit behind on the rep system so I've only just started using it otherwise would have given a few out over the last couple of days for yours and other's helpful comments

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey don't put it down as ditzy!
    (I did the exact same thing LoL!)

I'm behind on this Karma thing myself, but the posters haven't changed so we'll still get the same quality of advice which is the important thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I emailed Cleto Reyes to find out about their AIBA approved gloves and THEY DON'T HAVE ANY! So if you see AIBA approved Cleto Reyes THEY'RE FAKE!

I ordered a pair of the real thing though and they should arrive next week. Soooooo excited! Not sure if I'll use them for sparring because my coach has decided his policy on sparring gloves has changed and he wants us to wear 16 ounce gloves and headgear all the time.

Funny he was the one who originally said 10s were fine for midgets like me! Also I think I'm almost the only one who's been wearing headgear for sparring at all including him!

So I'm waiting to see what he actually sticks to before I buy anything! I swear the old 16 ounce gloves everyone uses are probably so stuffed they're less protective than new, good quality 10s anyway!

I don't mind wearing headgear because i have my own and it's comfortable but need a stable rule for the gloves before I purchase I think! i don't see the point of a bantamweight training in 16s - the size of them is all wrong for good technique and balance since I'm so small I think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post
    I emailed Cleto Reyes to find out about their AIBA approved gloves and THEY DON'T HAVE ANY! So if you see AIBA approved Cleto Reyes THEY'RE FAKE!

I ordered a pair of the real thing though and they should arrive next week. Soooooo excited! Not sure if I'll use them for sparring because my coach has decided his policy on sparring gloves has changed and he wants us to wear 16 ounce gloves and headgear all the time.

Funny he was the one who originally said 10s were fine for midgets like me! Also I think I'm almost the only one who's been wearing headgear for sparring at all including him!

So I'm waiting to see what he actually sticks to before I buy anything! I swear the old 16 ounce gloves everyone uses are probably so stuffed they're less protective than new, good quality 10s anyway!

I don't mind wearing headgear because i have my own and it's comfortable but need a stable rule for the gloves before I purchase I think! i don't see the point of a bantamweight training in 16s - the size of them is all wrong for good technique and balance since I'm so small I think?
    The good thing at the moment is our Dollar is at like 94 US cents so when you order, the gloves will be super cheap!
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Thread Information