Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008's gonna be one hell of a year! Better than 2007 was! Especially at 168lbs.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 2008's gonna be one hell of a year! Better than 2007 was! Especially at 168lbs.

2008 is going to be an even better year than 2007 was…especially at 168lbs.

Super Middleweight is really starting to heat up this year.

1 : Joe Calzaghe will be campaigning at either Light Heavy or a catch to battle against Hall of Famer Bernard Hopkins in April.

2 : Lucian Bute will be fighting veteran William Joppy in February & risking his undefeated record.

3 : Anthony Mundine will be facing Nader Hamdan in February in another bout for redemption & defense of his WBA title.

4 : Two undefeated’s will go to war as Denis Inkin will be facing the much hyped Carl Froch in March for the WBC’s International strap.

5 : Sergio Mora has now jumped up in weight…& I have high hopes that he will get blasted the fuck outta the mat in doing so.

6 : Mikkel Kessler still seems to be either taking the first half of the year off…or just waiting for the winner of one of the above listed matches.

Either way you slice it…the above is enough to get boxing fans excited.

Toss in the other weight classes & matches like Jones jr vs. Trinidad, Pavlik vs. Taylor II, Klitschko vs. Ibrgamov, Mijares vs. Navarro & Kirilov, Floyd vs. Oscar II, Pacquiao vs. Marquez II, Haye vs. Maccarinelli, Casamayor vs. Katsidis, Vasquez vs. Marquez III, and then the prospects of the winners of those vs. the up & coming contenders…& please…let’s not forget Juan Diaz.

2008’s gonna be one hell of a fwockin’ year…so cheers…& koneecheewah bitches!!!
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2008's gonna be one hell of a year! Better than 2007 was! Especially at 168lbs.

Taylor, and possibly Pavlik will campaign at 168 throughout 2008 and beyond.
    Add in Bika, Miranda, Zuniga, Green etc. and you are right about 168, it may well take over 147 as the number 1 division in boxing. I hope Mundine fights one of the top guys to show off his skill, maybe the winner of Inkin/Froch.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2008's gonna be one hell of a year! Better than 2007 was! Especially at 168lbs.

Mandated RBR's for all of the above Wack'o.

Theres alot of gold In that list but also glimmers of copper....O.Dela Ego vs.Mayweather II .Money grab for both but Wgevsafuk.
    Old man Casa should have rematch with Santa-Cruz Asap!

At 168 lb's I want Andrade Vs. Miranda.Talk about earned belt's.Dem boy's would ruin eachother! I think Lacy's done

Marquez Vs. Pacquiao 2 is long over due and The #1 fight in 08' as A favorite.
    Don't forget Cotto vs. Margarito No It's not signed but great fight waiting to happen.

Tarver and/Or Mora vs. a Ford 150 truck.Good match up

Vasquez vs. Marquez 3 should be rated x.I like Marquez to score Tko.Set up the 4th meeting

SigmaMu Guest

Good read about the Super Middles. Exciting indeed. Side note: What makes you think Mora is moving up? He was actually thinking about moving down to 154 but not move up to 168. Who ever told you this was mistaken.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd_Fears_Cotto
    Good read about the Super Middles. Exciting indeed. Side note: What makes you think Mora is moving up? He was actually thinking about moving down to 154 but not move up to 168. Who ever told you this was mistaken.
    Never knew he planned to move down
    Who's to fight at 154?

ICB Guest

Default Re: 2008's gonna be one hell of a year! Better than 2007 was! Especially at 168l

Kessler----\ Kessler
    ------------\
    Lacy------/ Kessler
    ---------\
    Berrio-------\ Inkin
    ---------/
    Dennis Inkin-/ Kessler
    -------------
    Mundine----\ Mundine
    ----------\
    Sakio Bika--/ Mundine
    --------- /
    Lucian Bute-\ Bute
    ---------/
    Carl Froch---/

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wacko i was wondering how you know that Froch and inkin are fighting in march? I actually cant wait for that fight!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    2008 is going to be an even better year than 2007 was…especially at 168lbs.

Super Middleweight is really starting to heat up this year.

1 : Joe Calzaghe will be campaigning at either Light Heavy or a catch to battle against Hall of Famer Bernard Hopkins in April.

2 : Lucian Bute will be fighting veteran William Joppy in February & risking his undefeated record.

3 : Anthony Mundine will be facing Nader Hamdan in February in another bout for redemption & defense of his WBA title.

4 : Two undefeated’s will go to war as Denis Inkin will be facing the much hyped Carl Froch in March for the WBC’s International strap.

5 : Sergio Mora has now jumped up in weight…& I have high hopes that he will get blasted the fuck outta the mat in doing so.
    6 : Mikkel Kessler still seems to be either taking the first half of the year off…or just waiting for the winner of one of the above listed matches.

Either way you slice it…the above is enough to get boxing fans excited.

Toss in the other weight classes & matches like Jones jr vs. Trinidad, Pavlik vs. Taylor II, Klitschko vs. Ibrgamov, Mijares vs. Navarro & Kirilov, Floyd vs. Oscar II, Pacquiao vs. Marquez II, Haye vs. Maccarinelli, Casamayor vs. Katsidis, Vasquez vs. Marquez III, and then the prospects of the winners of those vs. the up & coming contenders…& please…let’s not forget Juan Diaz.

2008’s gonna be one hell of a fwockin’ year…so cheers…& koneecheewah bitches!!!
    Amen to that. lol.
    And c'mon Wacko after Joppy's antics against Taylor where he lost every damn round and just survived and clowned the whole fight. Do you really think he has a chance against Bute? I hope so. I always kinda liked Joppy. But I can't shake that image of him just doing NOTHING against fukin Taylor. That was pitiful.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

El Kabong Guest

.....no mentions of ANDY LEE....BLASPHEMY!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 2008's gonna be one hell of a year! Better than 2007 was! Especially at 168l

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold Boxing
    Kessler----\ Kessler
    ------------\
    Lacy------/ Kessler
    ---------\
    Berrio-------\ Inkin
    ---------/
    Dennis Inkin-/ Kessler
    -------------
    Mundine----\ Mundine
    ----------\
    Sakio Bika--/ Mundine
    --------- /
    Lucian Bute-\ Bute
    ---------/
    Carl Froch---/
    Jesus Ice,Now your just making me dizzy bro. .Did Lacy actually sign with Kessler ?? So long Jeff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see how 168 can be that exciting if the main man is moving up. It may be competitive, but that's because decent fighters will be fighting each other, as opposed to great fighters competing. Lets face it, the only division that is truly exciting is welterweight, and after that light-welter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wright
    I can't see how 168 can be that exciting if the main man is moving up. It may be competitive, but that's because decent fighters will be fighting each other, as opposed to great fighters competing. Lets face it, the only division that is truly exciting is welterweight, and after that light-welter.
    140 better than 168?
    Potential 168 fighters in 2008(if Calzaghe moves up)
    Kessler
    Mundine
    Taylor
    Pavlik
    Bute
    Inkin
    Froch
    Miranda
    Andrade
    Green

Give me ten 140 fighters better than that....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't have to give examples to someone who sc's me for no other reason than expressing an opinion. And don't even bother denying it, as that would make you even more foolish. I was talking about excitement, and fights that would be popular. Name me one at 168 that would prove more popular than hatton paulie or hatton witter. Two words weaken your argument - potential and if.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wright
    I don't have to give examples to someone who sc's me for no other reason than expressing an opinion. And don't even bother denying it, as that would make you even more foolish. I was talking about excitement, and fights that would be popular. Name me one at 168 that would prove more popular than hatton paulie or hatton witter. Two words weaken your argument - potential and if.
    Ok do u want to put it to a vote? I'll start a poll if u like. What is the better more exciting division 168 or 140?

Mundine v Kessler II
    Pavlik v Taylor II
    Miranda v Andrade
    Bute v Froch
    Kessler v Bute
    Taylor v Mundine

The list is almost endless and all those fights would be as exciting if not more so than Hatton v Paulie. That fight would be Paulie running away from Ricky's hugs all night long.
    And yes i did SC u, i SC everyone i think has made a stupid comment, thats why u have more SC's than most cos u always say stupid things.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

168 is by far more popular than 140 and far more exciting. I cant actually say who is going to rule it and its going to be far wide open. Most people will go with Kessler but to be honest the others really do have a good chance and i wouldnt count any of them out. I think Froch is going to have a big say in the devision, when he knocks out Inkin he will get his world title shot. I hope we can see Froch-Kessler this year.

Thread Information