Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Meunouk or Luke (or whoever else knows about the body)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Question for Meunouk or Luke (or whoever else knows about the body)

I know you can't say for sure, but as an estimate, do you think I could gain about 6 lbs of muscle in about 8 weeks if I do this:

-Lift twice a week (lifting for size)
    -Supplement with BCAA's, Glutamine, Whey Protein, and a Multi-Vitamin
    -Eat 2-6 times a day (I know I won't be able to eat 5-6 times everyday)
    -And go to the boxing gym 3-5 days a week and do bodyweight exercises in there.

Like I said at first, I know you can't say for sure. But can you just say if it is a high possibility of me gaining 6-10 lbs of muscle in 8 weeks if I do the above? Also, I have a very high metabolism. Preciate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Question for Meunouk or Luke (or whoever else knows about the body)

Quote Originally Posted by KO
    I know you can't say for sure, but as an estimate, do you think I could gain about 6 lbs of muscle in about 8 weeks if I do this:

Like I said at first, I know you can't say for sure. But can you just say if it is a high possibility of me gaining 6-10 lbs of muscle in 8 weeks if I do the above? Also, I have a very high metabolism. Preciate it.
    Yes mate, if you do all that i reckon you could do it easy.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gonna try to start next week

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you are a complete beginner it is easier to put on muscle in the first several months of training.

You can put on 6-10lbs easily but of what? I'd say it is hard to put on 6lbs of pure muscle. If you add creatine that will add weight and volume but that is because it pulls water in to your muscles.

heavy weights 2x a week
    boxing 3-5 xs

to gain muscle from these workouts you will need to eat and rest a whole lot.
    If you did a bodybuilding type routine that would be more like it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your not giving this enough serious thought about how much effort goes into building muscle. You could easily add 6 pounds onto your body over a weekend for a weigh in, but if you want 6 pounds of muscle your going to need to put the work in on the eating, the routine, the weights, the rest, the whole package. It is also extremely hard to build muslce and NOT put fat on, as you need to take in more calories so your body builds muscle and any spare will be stored as fat.

I will just break down what your current routine will do for you

Weights, weights weights. If your going to be doing weights twice a week then you will be doing around an hour (or more depending on how much time you take to rest between sets and different exercises) so you will want to match together certain muscles, like triceps and chest, abs and legs etc. Note, you do need to do your legs, because they are where you will build up a lot of your muscle. Its very hard to put on a lot of muscle without doing your legs too.

You can take all the supplements you want, it doesnt gaurentee anything. You might not find your body feels any different with glutamine and it could be a waist of money, multi-vitamins can be more harm then good, whey protein you can get proteins out of your foods (chicken is excellent, 4oz skinless is 200 calories and around 35g of protein) the BCAA again you can get from your food, you dont really NEED supplements....especailly for 6 pounds

If your eating 2 times a day, and say you need 2,500 calories to build muscle, your going to be taking in 1,250 calories per meal. This means your going to create a surplus as your body cannot handle that much in 1 sitting. So you wont be digesting as effeciently, your body will become sluggish and your metabolism will slow down. Have you put any thought into how many calories you need? What your body fat % is and Lean body mass? Your diet is of the upmost importance, also water intake.

3 - 5 a week...which is it? Bodyweight exercies, what else they going to make you do a lot of sparing, skipping, running etc ? Again, you need to figure this out as your calorie intake is effected by all of these. After I come out of the gym I have a protein shake because I know how many calories im getting and its convenient. Always get your proteins first.

For 6 pounds to be honest it shouldnt be that difficult, but going on what you have told me 6 pounds of muscle will be a harder goal for you to achieve. Yes, it is quiet possible in 8 weeks even with all the work you will be doing your looking at less then a pound a week! Its just your routine is at 6s and 7s and it looks like your gonna splash out a lot of honey on supplements you wont be needing.

Anything else?
    5 foot 4 inches and 154 lbs of PURE MAN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unless you're on steroids, it's pretty hard to gain weight and all that weight be nothing but muscle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

6 pounds of muscle in 8 weeks really isn't that hard for a beginner. Your body will respond quickly because it hasn't been pushed before. A good workout program, with a lot of protein in your diet, and you will gain that six pounds in eight weeks. If you are more advanced, then its going to take a little bit more. Sorry I cant write as much as I want.. Im still TDY for the rest of this week, and then Ill be going back to my normal base where I have more time to write. On a side note, I benched 285x5x5 today, breaking my previous record of 275x5x5. Im glad I made my last set.. as I had no spotter (stupid thing to do.. but I have been training by myself my whole life so Im use to it). The road to 405 continues...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Luke I understand what you're saying BUT if he is doing boxing 5 times a week the emphasis on his body will not be for big muscular gains but strength endurance..if he were doing just the weights I'd be more hopeful...but we're all different and we both agree it would be easier for a total beginner.

Interesting in how this works out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    Luke I understand what you're saying BUT if he is doing boxing 5 times a week the emphasis on his body will not be for big muscular gains but strength endurance..if he were doing just the weights I'd be more hopeful...but we're all different and we both agree it would be easier for a total beginner.

Interesting in how this works out

Yes missy. The key to this is his calorie intake, he needs to know what he has going in and out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Meunouk

Like I said at first, I know you can't say for sure. But can you just say if it is a high possibility of me gaining 6-10 lbs of muscle in 8 weeks if I do the above? Also, I have a very high metabolism. Preciate it.

Your not giving this enough serious thought about how much effort goes into building muscle. You could easily add 6 pounds onto your body over a weekend for a weigh in, but if you want 6 pounds of muscle your going to need to put the work in on the eating, the routine, the weights, the rest, the whole package. It is also extremely hard to build muslce and NOT put fat on, as you need to take in more calories so your body builds muscle and any spare will be stored as fat.

I will just break down what your current routine will do for you

Weights, weights weights. If your going to be doing weights twice a week then you will be doing around an hour (or more depending on how much time you take to rest between sets and different exercises) so you will want to match together certain muscles, like triceps and chest, abs and legs etc. Note, you do need to do your legs, because they are where you will build up a lot of your muscle. Its very hard to put on a lot of muscle without doing your legs too.

You can take all the supplements you want, it doesnt gaurentee anything. You might not find your body feels any different with glutamine and it could be a waist of money, multi-vitamins can be more harm then good, whey protein you can get proteins out of your foods (chicken is excellent, 4oz skinless is 200 calories and around 35g of protein) the BCAA again you can get from your food, you dont really NEED supplements....especailly for 6 pounds

If your eating 2 times a day, and say you need 2,500 calories to build muscle, your going to be taking in 1,250 calories per meal. This means your going to create a surplus as your body cannot handle that much in 1 sitting. So you wont be digesting as effeciently, your body will become sluggish and your metabolism will slow down. Have you put any thought into how many calories you need? What your body fat % is and Lean body mass? Your diet is of the upmost importance, also water intake.

3 - 5 a week...which is it? Bodyweight exercies, what else they going to make you do a lot of sparing, skipping, running etc ? Again, you need to figure this out as your calorie intake is effected by all of these. After I come out of the gym I have a protein shake because I know how many calories im getting and its convenient. Always get your proteins first.

For 6 pounds to be honest it shouldnt be that difficult, but going on what you have told me 6 pounds of muscle will be a harder goal for you to achieve. Yes, it is quiet possible in 8 weeks even with all the work you will be doing your looking at less then a pound a week! Its just your routine is at 6s and 7s and it looks like your gonna splash out a lot of honey on supplements you wont be needing.

Anything else?
    My body fat percentage is very low, probaby about 9 or 10%. In the boxing gym, we do running twice a week, shadowboing, jump rope, sparring, heavy bag, mitts, stretching, drills, and bodyweight exercises. So, if I can be sure to eat atleast 4-6 times a day, would that be enough? As of now, I probably eat 2-3 times a day, so I think 4-6 times a day will automatically make me gain weight. Thanks for all the replies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

www.musclegaintips.com has a bit of info about effective ways of gaining weight.. It's a lot of the basics, but their may be some information on there you could benifit from...

It seems as though you'll have the works outs down,,, just concentrate on eating.. If the weight isn't going on, i'd try eating more and NOT working out harder.. if have have been training for a few years, even LESS training and more break time could give you more gains... It sounds strange, but occasionally your body needs different environments to cause different reactions.. and if your doing the same thing you've always done, your body may not react in a way you want it to if you just do MORE of the same...

But my number one tip is eat more than you can handle... eat like it's a job and not a luxury.. eat in between eating.. eat when your not hungry.. eat when you don't feel like eating anymore..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cillenmolin
    www.musclegaintips.com has a bit of info about effective ways of gaining weight.. It's a lot of the basics, but their may be some information on there you could benifit from...

It seems as though you'll have the works outs down,,, just concentrate on eating.. If the weight isn't going on, i'd try eating more and NOT working out harder.. if have have been training for a few years, even LESS training and more break time could give you more gains... It sounds strange, but occasionally your body needs different environments to cause different reactions.. and if your doing the same thing you've always done, your body may not react in a way you want it to if you just do MORE of the same...

But my number one tip is eat more than you can handle... eat like it's a job and not a luxury.. eat in between eating.. eat when your not hungry.. eat when you don't feel like eating anymore..

Which is not the right way to go, so be quiet.

KO - Youve got a good body fat level, but eating anything less then 5 times a day and getting enough calories in your diet (and percentage of carbs, proteins and fats) is not going to result in gains. People dont realise this and eat whatever they want saying "I PUT ON WEIGHT, I DONT PUT ON WEIGHT" etc etc

I would recomended you start off with something like 50% carbs, 30% protein 20% fats in your diet for 2 weeks and see how you get on. You need to sort out how much calories you need...if you cant do the sum check my other posts or PM me with all your details and I will do the bloody thing for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

missy, also good point. But I still think it's possible to gain that kind of muscle, especially in the legs. Most people don't lift weights with their legs nearly enough, because, basically, it sucks. It's not fun, it doesn't impress the girls, it hurts, and no one brags about it. But you punch with your legs and your quads are the biggest muscle in your body and the least one trained. Squat, lunges, and leg press. You can gain almost all of that muscle in your legs, especailly if you havent ever trained them before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    missy, also good point. But I still think it's possible to gain that kind of muscle, especially in the legs. Most people don't lift weights with their legs nearly enough, because, basically, it sucks. It's not fun, it doesn't impress the girls, it hurts, and no one brags about it. But you punch with your legs and your quads are the biggest muscle in your body and the least one trained. Squat, lunges, and leg press. You can gain almost all of that muscle in your legs, especailly if you havent ever trained them before.

Excellence. Very true.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he should be our experiment.

Thread Information