Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
....I don't think that high work rate was in the plans until he started losing the fight which is why he was so damn tired for the entire 2nd half of the fight....had Chambers sucked it up and threw some punches he could have stopped Povetkin
I don't know about stopping him,since he never really seriously hurt him,but he did seem to have more power on his punches than Povetkin. Either wayPovetkin is tough,durable and fought his way to the top. The kid has a bright future.I liked his desire and willingness to fight through the tiredness.

Quote Originally Posted by Myk_Myk
Yeah, that was weird to hear McGirt's voice all of a sudden. I really haven't been too impressed with McGirt of late. He's either yelling at his fighter, or basically telling them that they look so bad he's gonna call the fight. I've yet to see the later inspire one of his fighters to victory, and the yelling didn't seem to work for Eddie either.

Totally agree bro. Didn't do any good for Chambers at all,the loud shouting etc. He was scared!Or at least nervous as soon as Mcgirt shouted at him,round 5 or 6 I think,and it was downhill from there. I like these 2 fighters though,both showed something,was nice to see in this dreaded division.
I hadn't really seen Povetkin, so kudos to him for making the adjustments he needed to make to win.

I realized another thing about Chambers' corner. In the beginning his dad was giving him sound specific advice. McGirt was doing more cheer leading. Saying things like "Go back to your jab." and "Get off first, but if he gets off a combo, make sure to answer with your own." seems more of what he needed. Ultimately Chambers was the one in the ring though... Hopefully he'll learn from this fight.