Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ VS MANNY PACQUIAO II

Everything suggests I should go for Marquez, but I'm not going to choose against Pac again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ VS MANNY PACQUIAO II

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    PacBeast will be back come March 15, just like the first mab fight and the third eric match. total annihilation!

NOTICE, for the first time in a long while. No haters or doubters coming on here trying to say pac is out of focus. Since he murdered mab thats where their hopes been at, at an unfocus pac coming into a fight.

Well here comes the PAIN, pac is in total training mode. Shiver, pachaters SHIVER! lol
    reps up bro. pac will be in demolition mode this time cos he's definitely motivated and everything's going smoothly in his training camp. best performance from pac whenever he has something to prove. won't even be close... well maybe in the first couple of minutes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink Re: JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ VS MANNY PACQUIAO II

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Good, so that means there should be no excuses should Pac lose,

who are you

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KKisser View Post
    reps up bro. pac will be in demolition mode this time cos he's definitely motivated and everything's going smoothly in his training camp. best performance from pac whenever he has something to prove. won't even be close... well maybe in the first couple of minutes.
    for sure! I like jmm but pac ain't playing no games this time around. Jmm is in trouble BIG TIME.

I tried to look at this fight at every angle but the more i hear from pacs camp. The less I have to think. Its going to be more one sided then the pac vs mab 1. Pac is going to put on a huge hurting on jmm. Im damn serious pac is loading up his guns like never before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for sure! I like jmm but pac ain't playing no games this time around. Jmm is in trouble BIG TIME.

I tried to look at this fight at every angle but the more i hear from pacs camp. The less I have to think. Its going to be more one sided then the pac vs mab 1. Pac is going to put on a huge hurting on jmm. Im damn serious pac is loading up his guns like never before.
    They're going for a KO win...

INTERVIEW: FREDDIE ROACH
    By Brad Cooney

Top notch fight trainer Freddie Roach sat down with Boxingtalk and gave us a thorough Manny Pacquiao camp update. Roach tells Boxingtalk that Manny will go for the knockout against Juan Manuel Marquez. Roach also addresses Manny's current weight of 139 pounds, and says that it's nothing to be worried about. Additionally, Roach talks about how he will be training Bernard Hopkins in preprartion for Hopkins' bout against Joe Calzaghe.

Boxingtalk – Thanks for joining us Freddie. Manny Pacquiao is gearing up for his big rematch against Juan Manuel Marquez in March. Talk about how camp is going so far.

Freddie Roach – He's doing very well. I have been running with him in the morning, well... I have been running behind him in the morning, (laughs), and I can't keep up with him. I haven't seen him this excited since the first time that he fought [Marco Antonio]Barrera. We have 4 weeks to go, and he's looking very good. We had 9 rounds of sparring on Saturday, and we used 3 sparring partners. I have a strong guy to press Manny, I got a counter puncher, and I got a guy that will run, all to give Manny different looks. We know the keys to victory, and we'll show you what they are on fight night.

BT – Which Marquez do you think will show up, the aggressive style or the counter puncher?

FR – I think he will fight more of a counter punching style. I don't see him capable of doing that though, the first fight with Manny took something out of him. The best fight that I ever seen Marquez in was against Pacquiao, and he'll need to fight like that again.

BT – Do you think that it's possible that Marquez may have a little more pressure on his back this time? Usually it's Manny having his entire nation on his shoulders. Marquez is the only active Mexican legend that Manny hasn't beat. Do you think it's possible that Marquez wants this more for his Mexican fans?

FR – He might, but the thing is I think that people try to make this into a racial thing between Mexico and The Philippines. Manny loves everybody, he has Mexican fans too. Manny is more of a typical Mexican style of fighter than Marquez ever thought of being. Marquez is not a typical Mexican style fighter, he doesn't fight in the fashion that the Mexican fans like. I'll even say that I think Manny has more Mexican fans than Marquez does.

BT – Come on Freddie, do you really think that?

FR – Yea, it's just Manny's style. If Marquez ever fought back in the day, the Mexican fans would have booed him out of the place. They like the style of Julio Cesar Chavez, that's what Mexicans like. They like warriors like Manny Pacquiao.

BT – I think you should come out with a Mexican flag shirt on then Freddie (laughs).

FR – (Laughs), They might shoot me.

BT – Floyd Mayweather once wore it. He loves Mexico.

FR – He wants the Mexican fans too, but he doesn't have the style that they like.

BT – What's the biggest difference in Manny's game this time around, as opposed to the last time he fought Marquez?

FR – Manny is a more balanced fighter right now. We had great success in the early rounds in our last fight, then Marquez came back. But now, Manny knows how to adjust better. If Manny gets Marquez down this time, he'll keep him down.

BT – Will Manny knockout Marquez?

FR – We are going for the knockout. We have all intentions of knocking him out. After Manny's last two fights, we need to fight a great fight. We are moving up in weight and going for those titles after this fight.

BT – Nick Giongco reported that Manny was 140 pounds, can you elaborate on that some?

FR – We need to lose 9 lbs with a month to go, so no problem at all. He's eating good, he's running good, his discipline is good. Manny is very focused, so don't worry, we are not going to wait for the last minute to make weight, that's for sure.

BT – How's sparring going so far?

FR – I have a lot of sparring partners for Manny, and it's working out good. I have a new guy that comes in tomorrow, I'm told he's a clone of Marquez. I am anxious to see him.

BT – Are you any closer to finalizing a deal with Bernard Hopkins?

FR – Yes, Bernard will be in camp on February 20th.

BT – So it's a done deal?

FR – Yep, Bernard's people informed me that he'll be in camp February 20th with me.

BT – Manny fights on March 12th, are there any concerns from Pacquiao's people with Bernard being in camp at the same time Manny is?

FR – We can work around that. I work a long day, so I'll separate the two guys. When I go to Vegas for Manny's fight, Bernard is coming with me.

BT – Interesting match up with Bernard Hopkins vs Joe Calzaghe. How do you see this fight playing out?

FR – Well Bernard will have to fight a very strategic fight. If Calzaghe can keep that work rate up like he usually does, that can be effective. Bernard is a real smart fighter, and he knows how to take things away from his opponent, especially against an offensive minded guy like Calzaghe. Bernard will try to set him up into traps. There's nothing Bernard hasn't seen, but this is going to be a tough, tough, fight. Bernard knows himself, so we'll come up with a good game plan. Bernard probably knows more about boxing than the both of us.

BT – Do you have any closing thoughts for the fans?

FR – Thanks to all of Manny's fans, and to the Mexican fans. Manny is very focused for this fight, and we are going to fight a smart fight. We are going for the knockout. I am sure Marquez is in great shape, and he better be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im going with Marquez by close decision, just hope this fights as
    good as the first one!

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacman by KO IN 8
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Manny gets a TKO win in the rematch. Marquez is aging and not looked spectacular in the ring to me. Pacquiao has only improved since the first fight and has more to offer up this time.
    TKO by 8 is my call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ VS MANNY PACQUIAO II

The Pacman is too fast! He is too strong! And I kid you not!

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    Everything suggests I should go for Marquez, but I'm not going to choose against Pac again.

I agree with you, that is why I have been passive on the topic. Just waiting for the fight.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by noskill View Post
    I think Manny gets a TKO win in the rematch. Marquez is aging and not looked spectacular in the ring to me. Pacquiao has only improved since the first fight and has more to offer up this time.
    TKO by 8 is my call.

I am kind of confused some reports say PAc is 140 & JMM is currently 133. Then I hear Pac is training like he never has !! It seems like excuses are set in place in the event of a JMM upset !!

Addicted to_boxing Guest

How is weighing 139 two weeks prior to the JMM fight and listing future fights taking the fight JMM serious? Pac has to be serious about taking JMM out in under 4 rounds or he will be the one with the lights out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is weighing 139 two weeks prior to the JMM fight and listing future fights taking the fight JMM serious? Pac has to be serious about taking JMM out in under 4 rounds or he will be the one with the lights out.
    you don't know shyt amigago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure where you been getting your sources on Pac's weight issue. But I think it's not updated.

Pac was @ 139, and JMM @ 133 last february 15. That was exactly one month away from the fightnight.

Addicted to_boxing Guest

[QUOTE=noskill;471743

TKO by 8 is my call.[/QUOTE]

Here is a summary of Pac's past fight since JMM 1. I fail to see how Pac has improved his boxing skills except on his the win - loss record. Pac has over powered under mannned opponents with sheer power but by no means has he done so out boxing them. Why else is Pac supposedly training like he never has? Because he gives JMM nore credit/respect than his nuthuggers.

Summary:
    The key is who adapts to each other style: Neither boxer has really improved drastically since their 1st meeting. Each has a loss.

Marco Antonio Barrera - A non competitive bout where MAB basically fought to finish on his feet.

Jorge Solis, - Untested boxer who moved up in weight to fight Pac. Way too small and not a legitimate challenger / threat. Has failed to fight any real tough fighters since Pac fight. Either lost his Juevos or never had any.

Erik Morales - Aged and overweight, worn out and entered their 3rd fight coming off 2 consecutive ass kickings at the hands of Rahim and PAC. Rahim went on to get destroyed by Juan Diaz.

Oscar Larios , Moved up in weight to fight Pac. Too small and not a legitimate challenger / threat. Most recently destroyed by Jorge Linares.

Hector Velazquez - Untested boxer who moved up in weight to fight Pac. Way too small and not a legitimate challenger / threat. Has failed to fight any real tough fighters since Pac fight. Either lost his Juevos or never had any.

Erik Morales, - Aged, overweight, worn out. Entered their 2nd fight coming off a huge ass kicking at the hands of Rahim.

Fahsan 3K Battery - lol .... has fought last 12 of 13 opponents in Thailand vs Thailanders. The lone non Thailander was in a recent bout in Canada where he lost a UD to Steve Molitor. 26 (KO 10) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 26

Thread Information