Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

Lets all just make up this is stupid, and miguel cotto is still overrated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

Bernard could have picked a better way to promote the fight.

I mean he could have called Joe a smelly Canadian, and when Joe retorts saying he is actually from Wales, Bernard could have said well that is just as bad!

That would have generated huge buys from here in Canada and over the Pond just in the hope to see Bernard get beat up. With the then ensuing insults from Joe about the US, it would make it one huge PPV.

I should be a promoter!LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well now that he explained it, it makes it all better

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mayorook
    Lets all just make up this is stupid, and miguel cotto is still overrated
    I ain't falling out with you, I'm English by the way. So by your fucked up logic I wanted lennox lewis to lose every fight because I'm white.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not my logic, but very true if you don't believe me look back at the Gerry Coney and Larry Holmes fight, and you tell me that race didn't play any part in that fight and many others i don't think its right but it is sad yet true :

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm really disappointed with Bernard, if you are going to act all edgy and provocative by making controversial statements at least have the testicular fortitude to stand by them.

I would have respected him a whole lot more had he been defiant about it and just said 'sue me white boy'

He may think he's all that but he'll never come close to Mayorga and JFat for trash talking.

What a weak willed chickin shit, he should have said 'I'll send him back to the Welsh valleys to play with his sheep'.

Sell Out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mayorook
    Not my logic, but very true if you don't believe me look back at the Gerry Coney and Larry Holmes fight, and you tell me that race didn't play any part in that fight and many others i don't think its right but it is sad yet true :
    That was back in the early 80's. Believe it or not racial tolerance has improved greatly since then. Sure it still has a long way to go in some places, but we should be beyond that point of drawing ethnicity into the mix.

I'm not a tree hugging, politically correct, overzealous liberal either, but I can still see how his statement can make people uncomfortable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys are retards.. who the fuck cares. Grow up

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    ......wish there was an NAAWP to help us white folk out....we get hated on by everyone and yet no one stands up for us.....well let me correct that, no one in their right mind stands up for us.......and the others don't stand up in a reasonable rational way they go around in lynch mobs and just exacerbate things
    Because white people are a persecuted group in America. They have no chance of advancement, no way to better themselves. White crackers have had a century of prosperity in the world's biggest economy, most of the time at a significant advantage to actual black people and they're still so dumb they think that they're hard done by. The very fact that there's a big constituency of people out there who think that they're somehow persecuted is the reason that there's so much crude racism in politics today -- the scumbag politicians who "stand up" for the persecuted crackers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    You guys are retards.. who the fuck cares. Grow up
    You do. Thread title says it all and you decided to take a peek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    You guys are retards.. who the F*** cares. Grow up
    You do. Thread title says it all and you decided to take a peek.
    CC great reply

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Load of bollocks. He never knew he was being recorded when he said it.

Is he gonna repeat the "I would never lose to a white boy" thing at all the pre-fight press conferences then, seeing as it 'sells fights'?
    Exactly.

It's a ridiculous excuse. NO-way a fight would be promoted that way in this day and age (not without extreme subtlety ).

What's happening now is Hopkins wanted to promote America-vs-Britain.. BUT.. he's already alienated a huge number of his audience because of his racist comments.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

Is he gonna repeat the "I would never lose to a white boy" thing at all the pre-fight press conferences then, seeing as it 'sells fights'?
    Exactly.

It's a ridiculous excuse. NO-way a fight would be promoted that way in this day and age (not without extreme subtlety ).

What's happening now is Hopkins wanted to promote America-vs-Britain.. BUT.. he's already alienated a huge number of his audience because of his racist comments.
    I do agree that it's a tasteless, and stupid thing that he said... But I think your dead wrong about him alienating anyone by doing so... Even those who are downright offended by the statement will now want to see him lose for saying it... Considering he's fighting a great white champion who has more than a great chance to beat him, that's certainly not going to turn anyone away from the fight imo..

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

Exactly.

I do agree that it's a tasteless, and stupid thing that he said... But I think your dead wrong about him alienating anyone by doing so... Even those who are downright offended by the statement will now want to see him lose for saying it... Considering he's fighting a great white champion who has more than a great chance to beat him, that's certainly not going to turn anyone away from the fight imo..
    I meant alienated his American fans that would've been supporting him in the fight.

Hopkins has stated numerous times he was representing America, he wanted an America-vs-Britain angle cause American's are the best, so thats why Calzaghe should come to him..but now, since his racist comments, there's guys on this site that have switched alliances to Calzgahe.

Whether MORE people BUY the fight because Hopkins exposed himself as believing he's superior to the whiteman and turned it into white-vs-black.. dunno? Guess there's plenty of MORONS out there.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was probably pressured by his parters at Golden Boy to make a statement. I doubt he really said it as a strategy to sell tickets. It was said in the heat of moment and it was dumb but it is what it is, unfortunately there is a double standard in this country. A white guy like Don Imus lost everything because of saying a stupid thing and Bernard will lose nothing. Personally, I think these things are blown out of perportion and it doesnt really hurt anyones feelings, people need to focus on the more important things.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Thread Information