Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    I'm really disappointed with Bernard, if you are going to act all edgy and provocative by making controversial statements at least have the testicular fortitude to stand by them.

I would have respected him a whole lot more had he been defiant about it and just said 'sue me white boy'

He may think he's all that but he'll never come close to Mayorga and JFat for trash talking.

What a weak willed chickin shit, he should have said 'I'll send him back to the Welsh valleys to play with his sheep'.

Sell Out
    I know ....when has Bernard ever played the nice guy? He should have been like f that honkey. At least until the fight was over...then he could have explained he was just doin it for show. LOL well he must have not wanted to upset his white American fans that would be backing him. Shit, it got me riled up a bit but I know Bernard isnt really a racist. Im just saying boxing needs villians too , he kind of wussed out....he should have played it to the end. But I'm not mad at him anyway, he's always been a favorite of mine. I'm still on the fence as to who I would pick in this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: B Hop explains racial slur:says he didn't mean it,was just to sell fights.

Steve Bunce writes an article in this months Boxing monthly magazine saying that he was only a few feet away from Hopkins & Calzaghe and they were shaking hands and being friendly when all of a sudden the press surronded them and Hopkins noticed. Hopkins turned to one of his mates and winked and then started trash talking and then came out with the white boy comment. Its just all bravado to sell the fight just like what Mayweather does before all his fights!!
    Nothings Sweeter Than Sugar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerharvey
    Steve Bunce writes an article in this months Boxing monthly magazine saying that he was only a few feet away from Hopkins & Calzaghe and they were shaking hands and being friendly when all of a sudden the press surronded them and Hopkins noticed. Hopkins turned to one of his mates and winked and then started trash talking and then came out with the white boy comment. Its just all bravado to sell the fight just like what Mayweather does before all his fights!!
    Exactly, he's got us all talking about it months before the fight happens. You could tell by the way he was saying it that there was no malice intended, there's going to be a bigger build up for this fight than I first expected.

El Kabong Guest

....so by that rational all I have to do to get people paying more attention to me is be racist

CAN DO

I will now start my posts with: Attention negroes, wops, wetbacks, and coolies....thanks Bernard Hopkins
    (and for all you thin skinned minorities, I am being sarcastic so if you get offended then you're an idiot)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

come on guys, big deal. Every one gets racist sometimes, and don't you guys deny it I once called this cat a pu$$y and a home-dog a b1tch. It wasn't a big deal, yea yea ya. racisim is frown apon becuase everyone does not want to get expose as a racist but we all have a bit of racist in us. It hasn't been completely erase off the program of our minds, but good thing we are all too chicken to follow our racist ancesters aye

P.S I am not a racist, I would post the sarcasm sign but Im to lazy to look it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    "Those guys became very good friends afterwards, but their fights sold better because of the black-white thing. This is not anything new."

There you go.He cites that one of his best friends,a former MW is white. He talks about Cooney v Holmes and other fights based on racial lines and says they sold big because of that,and that's why he said it. Regardless of why,I think it was a crude act from a 43 year old man,who appears to have no self respect left,making himself look foolish in and out of the ring v Winky and here too. Oh my,I really want JC to beat his ass.
    Christ, the politically correct wagon just rolled into town... who gives a shit. People are so damn touchy. What? cuz he said he wasn't gonna let some white boy beat him? OOOOOOOOO! Not that!

People need to friggin lighten up. It's so irritating
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mayorook
    Not my logic, but very true if you don't believe me look back at the Gerry Coney and Larry Holmes fight, and you tell me that race didn't play any part in that fight and many others i don't think its right but it is sad yet true :
    What is this? the 70s?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON
    "Those guys became very good friends afterwards, but their fights sold better because of the black-white thing. This is not anything new."

There you go.He cites that one of his best friends,a former MW is white. He talks about Cooney v Holmes and other fights based on racial lines and says they sold big because of that,and that's why he said it. Regardless of why,I think it was a crude act from a 43 year old man,who appears to have no self respect left,making himself look foolish in and out of the ring v Winky and here too. Oh my,I really want JC to beat his a**.
    Christ, the politically correct wagon just rolled into town... who gives a S***. People are so damn touchy. What? cuz he said he wasn't gonna let some white boy beat him? OOOOOOOOO! Not that!

The only problem I have is that if Calzaghe made a remark about blacks, then Hopkins would have went ballistic along with Sharpton, Jackson, Oprah the whole 9 yards.. He is a piece of dog doo with no class

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If a guy has to explain a racist remark, he is indeed a racist. You wont catch a non racist saying some stupid shit like that. He let his true emotions out because he knew he was talking to a better man and he lost it.

That's like a coward getting drunk and suddenly becoming tough. It's what they really want to be but for the most part they respect the consequences.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON

There you go.He cites that one of his best friends,a former MW is white. He talks about Cooney v Holmes and other fights based on racial lines and says they sold big because of that,and that's why he said it. Regardless of why,I think it was a crude act from a 43 year old man,who appears to have no self respect left,making himself look foolish in and out of the ring v Winky and here too. Oh my,I really want JC to beat his a**.
    Christ, the politically correct wagon just rolled into town... who gives a S***. People are so damn touchy. What? cuz he said he wasn't gonna let some white boy beat him? OOOOOOOOO! Not that!

The only problem I have is that if Calzaghe made a remark about blacks, then Hopkins would have went ballistic along with Sharpton, Jackson, Oprah the whole 9 yards.. He is a piece of dog doo with no class
    thats true... I'd say the same thing the other way too... It would be overhyped rediculousness... But yes that comment would draw more issues. People are retarded... I could care less. I like my boxers to box. I'm watchin whether your white, black, asian, indian, muslim, Russian, or purple... As long as your beating eachothers head in I'm watching.

I'm not sitting up here on a high horse or anything I just could care less.

Hopkins can say what he wants but when push comes to shove good 'ol one hit and hold Popkins is gonna get white washed with flurries on the way in. He's gonna get swarmed. I love hopkins but he's biting off more then he can chew. He's out there spouting "racial" comments to do exactly this... Hype the fight.

Do you think Hokins cares what YOU think about him? No! He never has. If you like him then you'll watch and root for him... If you hate him you'll watch the fight to watch him finnally get his mouth shut but no matter what....

YOUR WATCHING THE FIGHT...

He could give to shits what he looks like to any of you.

The point that this conversation is even happening shows that he's a better bisiness man then he is given credit for.

Was it wrong to say what he said?

Who gives a shit, it's not a friggin popularity contest.

Only one thing matters... Does Hopkins have ONE MORE GREAT FIGHT left in him or did he meet Calzaghe just to damn late in his carrer. Thats all that matters folk. Not that he slandered someone or said something or didn't wipe his ass the right way.

In closing... WHO FWOCKIN CARES?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    ....so by that rational all I have to do to get people paying more attention to me is be racist

CAN DO

I will now start my posts with: Attention negroes, wops, wetbacks, and coolies....thanks Bernard Hopkins
    (and for all you thin skinned minorities, I am being sarcastic so if you get offended then you're an idiot)
    Luckily for America, the self-pitying imbecility reflected in this poster's posts in this thread is widespread only in the southern American cracker belt and isn't prevalent in the shoe-wearing regions of the country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing

CAN DO

Luckily for America, the self-pitying imbecility reflected in this poster's posts in this thread is widespread only in the southern American cracker belt and isn't prevalent in the shoe-wearing regions of the country.

HAHAHAAHAHHAHA...  Thank god I live in shoe wearing Boston Massachusetts!

Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

I was making light of how Bernard Hopkins explained away the racism in his remark but I suppose you will just look past that and try to be the bleeding heart on this thread as well, even when no one was meant to be hurt by my post and I was just trying to explain how silly Hopkins' explanation for his remark was.

But you waltz in here the assumed genius of the forum.....please enlighten me, maybe you're right, maybe I don't have shoes and if I do that's OK because all of YOUR stereotypes of me are OK and socially acceptable but no different than Bernard Hopkins' stereotypes and broad sweeping generalizations...but please feel free to stereotype me and anyone else who lives in the Southeastern United States....I await more of them because I haven't heard any like the ones you have taken the time to think up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was making light of how Bernard Hopkins explained away the racism in his remark but I suppose you will just look past that and try to be the bleeding heart on this thread as well, even when no one was meant to be hurt by my post and I was just trying to explain how silly Hopkins' explanation for his remark was.

But you waltz in here the assumed genius of the forum.....please enlighten me, maybe you're right, maybe I don't have shoes and if I do that's OK because all of YOUR stereotypes of me are OK and socially acceptable but no different than Bernard Hopkins' stereotypes and broad sweeping generalizations...but please feel free to stereotype me and anyone else who lives in the Southeastern United States....I await more of them because I haven't heard any like the ones you have taken the time to think up.
    But you still haven't answered... Do you or do you not wear shoes?

Just kidding Lyle!
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

....haha, I'll be in Boston this summer for a couple Sox games so you can see for yourself.

Thread Information