Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Berto

This guy is fast and explosive... Has some minor flaws.. but I think he would KO Cintron or Margarito either one. I think hed prolly put paulie boy on the canvas as well. He needs to work on his countering skills a little more.. but the sky is the limit for this guy i think. Just a lot of natural raw ability.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Berto

Quote Originally Posted by BigLuke View Post
    This guy is fast and explosive... Has some minor flaws.. but I think he would KO Cintron or Margarito either one. I think hed prolly put paulie boy on the canvas as well. He needs to work on his countering skills a little more.. but the sky is the limit for this guy i think. Just a lot of natural raw ability.
    ...call me crazy but I wasn't impressed by him tonight.

I would like to see him fight a brawler or a pressure fighter because he got hit clean a couple times and I think just because that guy they put in with him didn't throw much or with any power but he still hit Berto pretty solid with a couple shots.

Berto fought someone who didn't need to be in that ring with him...he needs to step it up. I think he has great handspeed but a bully like Cotto would massacre him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    ...call me crazy but I wasn't impressed by him tonight.

I would like to see him fight a brawler or a pressure fighter because he got hit clean a couple times and I think just because that guy they put in with him didn't throw much or with any power but he still hit Berto pretty solid with a couple shots.

Berto fought someone who didn't need to be in that ring with him...he needs to step it up. I think he has great handspeed but a bully like Cotto would massacre him
    now i didnt say throw him to a lion like cotto, but I think he would beat a fighter like Cintron Fairly easily. I think he is ready to make that move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you think Andre Berto is ready to step in with Margarito you are mistaken...Antonio exposes every one of Bertos flaws and shows him what happens to a fighter who relies on his power to get him through....

Sorry Luke but Tony doers away with Berto inside of 7rd
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    If you think Andre Berto is ready to step in with Margarito you are mistaken...Antonio exposes every one of Bertos flaws and shows him what happens to a fighter who relies on his power to get him through....

Sorry Luke but Tony doers away with Berto inside of 7rd
    I think a margarito fight would be a great fight.. I'd say Berto would have a good shot in that fight. I think he would dominate Cintron.. I think that should be his next bout.

El Kabong Guest

now i didnt say throw him to a lion like cotto, but I think he would beat a fighter like Cintron Fairly easily. I think he is ready to make that move.
    Anyone with a solid punch and good fundamentals on Cintron's level will give him a tough time right now...Berto has quick hands but I do doubt his power is all it's been hyped up to be.

I would say stick him in with a Gomez or Collazo or Judah before you throw him in with Cintron...he needs to move beyond the no names and up to contenders but not the top level just yet

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a fight vs. Cintron would be good for him. When he beat Estrada it was an Eliminator bout at least that's what I remember the HBO commetators saying..... Berto should go after Cintron and make the fight happen.

I got a laugh at you saying he would stop Margarito. I laugh because Margarito has a one of the best chins in the sport today. Berto would need to mustard EVERY single punch thru 12 and I don't think he could do that.
    I remember in 2006 after a Berto win someone came on here to Saddos and made a thread saying that Berto would beat and expose Cotto & Margarito. I didn't think he could do it then and I don't think he can do it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He looks ok, but a KO against Cintron, Margarito, or Paulie is a little premature at this point. I think he's lose to any of these three right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he would beat cintron and based on his last performance maybe malignagi but cotto and margarito would kill him at this point in his career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Anyone with a solid punch and good fundamentals on Cintron's level will give him a tough time right now...Berto has quick hands but I do doubt his power is all it's been hyped up to be.

I would say stick him in with a Gomez or Collazo or Judah before you throw him in with Cintron...he needs to move beyond the no names and up to contenders but not the top level just yet
    i completely agree, cause last time he stepped in with a contender was Cosme Rivera, he got dropped, they took off his glove to buy him time between rounds, hasn't fought any notable opponent since

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why not Berto v Quintana? I think there would be a good chance Quintana would box his ears off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think a margarito fight would be a great fight.. I'd say Berto would have a good shot in that fight. I think he would dominate Cintron.. I think that should be his next bout.
    I'd love to see him in with Cintron. I think he could take him out in the later rounds. I do however feel if he gets smacked by Kermit that he will have a very hard time recovering from that. Even Trebont popped him a couple of times and he seems to freeze up when hit; I wonder about his chin.

I do agree with Daxx; Margarito is not the one he needs right now, as he will get mauled by Tony, though I think it will be very competitive till the later rounds. Berto needs to step it up; as that guy last night just sat right in front of him and let Berto get off at will. I couldn't see how he wouldn't have won that fight. He is strong and very fast; but seems a little one dimensional to me.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post
    Why not Berto v Quintana? I think there would be a good chance Quintana would box his ears off.

I think Quintana would definately box his ears off. Carlos looks like a very smart fighter. You gotta love all the talent there is a WW right now

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I been watching Berto for a while and i say it again he will be a champ just wait and see he still a young guy at 24 and 22 fights. I think he should face maybe a Juhda, then go on to fight Quintana or Cintron. Fighting those guys will see if he is ready for the Cotto or Margrito but i believe in the guy so i hope he does go Berto all the way i think he can win we will see in the next year because with this kind of things only time can tell so we see what he does this year.
    Last edited by Mr140; 02-10-2008 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    I been watching Berto for a while and i say it again he will be a champ just wait and see he still a young guy at 24 and 22 fights. I think he should face maybe a Juhda, then go on to fight Quintana or Cintron. Fighting those guys will see if he is ready for the Cotto or Margrito but i believe in the guy so i hope he does go Berto all the way i think he can win we will see in the next year because with this kind of things only time can tell so we see what he does this year.
    Judah would give him a boxing lesson. He needs a Gomez, a Chavez Jr, Shamone Alvarez, or maybe Luis Collazo. Even Quintana, but Judah has been in with guys with REAL power and he has handspeed to match Berto...plus he's southpaw.

Thread Information