Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Favorite Protein and other suppliments

I'm about to order up a big ass jar of protein shake mix and some more glutamine. I might be convinced to order something else somebody recommends something affordable and effective for boxing training - especially if it helps muscle recovery. I've used Nitrotech in the past and I've been pretty happy with it and I swear by glutamine, but I'm open to new ideas. Anybody have a protein shake they swear by or a simple suppliment stack other than my old reliable Nitrotech and Glutamine combo? I've used creatine before, and I'm debating if it will help me with my current goal of cutting weight while maintaining strenght.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Favorite Protein and other suppliments

For cutting weight and maintaining strength i suggest a BCAA supplement, helps your muscles stay there while you cut weight basically. So your not losing your strength while your losing that fat. Here is what they do in a nutshell from bodybuilding.com..

Among the most beneficial and effective supplements in any sports nutrition program are branched chain amino acids. These are the essential aminos leucine, isoleucine, and valine.

Although these supplements have been around for a long time and the scientific understanding in the exercise performance benefits of BCAA supplementation is rich many people don't know exactly how they exert their effects or how and when to use them properly.

You probably know that amino acids are the building blocks of protein. When you eat a protein food, it gets digested in the stomach and intestine into individual amino acids and short chains of amino acids that are small enough to be absorbed into the bloodstream. These amino acids have far reaching effects in the body from building and repairing tissues, to producing chemicals that enable our brains to function optimally.

What Is The Difference Between Essential and Non-Essential Amino Acids?

Essential amino acids cannot be made by the body. You must get them from complete protein foods or combinations of incomplete vegetable foods. There are 9 essential amino acids: histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, tryptophan, and valine. Your body can make non-essential amino acids by itself from vitamins and other amino acids.

The term "non-essential" can be misleading since all amino acids are essential for proper metabolism and certain non-essential amino acids, such as glutamine, become very essential. The 13 non-essential amino acids are alanine, arginine, aspartic acid, cysteine, cystine, glutamic acid, glutamine, glycine, hydroxyproline, proline, serine, & tyrosine.

The essential branched chain amino acids (BCAA's) are of special importance for athletes because they are metabolized in the muscle, rather than in the liver. Here's how this works: After digestion once protein is broken down into individual amino acids these aminos can either be used to build new proteins or be burned as fuel to produce energy.
    I'm going to be trying a NO2 supplement soon, anyone had any experience with it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    For cutting weight and maintaining strength i suggest a BCAA supplement, helps your muscles stay there while you cut weight basically. So your not losing your strength while your losing that fat. Here is what they do in a nutshell from bodybuilding.com..

I'm going to be trying a NO2 supplement soon, anyone had any experience with it?
    Yeah, I've used NOs quite a bit, but I've only taken it when I was not boxing and in pure muscle gain/strength training mode. It helps you squeeze out an maybe one extra rep or finish a final rep at muscle failure. It also helps you keep the 'Pumped' look after you leave the gym, so when you start taking it, you see difference quickly, but it's somewhat artifical. I did get the strongest I've ever been while on use NOs along with protein and glutamine. Still, when I was single, I loved lifting with a NOs drink on Sat afternoon before going out to pull women or going on a date.

I still have some kicking around. I should give it a try before I box tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i have been told it increases your stamina noticably, so i think i might give it a try. What brand did you use? I don't really want to use the no-xplode as that has creatine in it, more just a pure NO booster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've used a few. The first was a pure NO2 booster in a fairly plain white bottle that said "NOS" or "NO2". I picked that up at a GNC. I've used Pumptech by muscletech, but think that has a bit of creatine in it. It's good stuff. I also used to by the NO2 drinks at the gym sometimes and I've ordered them by the case from Bodybuilding.com. Those have a bunch of caffeine a few other things in it as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Re: Favorite Protein and other suppliments

Try balut or soup #5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post

I am actually at the end of my first bottle of nitrix. Made a thread on it as well and got some good feedback: http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...-question.html

I noticed some good positives from just one bottle. I have always had a lean physique, but have many more visible veins now. While lifting weights the pump is noticeable and not only looks good but helped me focus more on the muscle group I was working. It also had a very positive effect on my erections, without getting into too much detail..

If you are into muscle building I would recommend it. But it you are just doing cardio, boxing, light weight reps then it's not worth it. If you do take it, it will still take 3-4 hard days in the gym a week, but it does give results.

The other night I sparred and did a 45 minute workout before. I could feel all the blood in my arms and my arms were really pumped...this is what NO2 does...it looked nice...and I was really slow and ate a lot of punches as a result. I have done similar workouts in the past before sparring pre-nitrix and never felt so slow.

I also had a sample of Muscletech Nano Vapor (it is in the same class as No-Xplode). I took this on 2 workout days and had incredible workout, veins busting out, putting up a lot of weight, feeling very focused and not tiring. I don't think these supplements are healthy for long term use and I am waiting until I start to lose momentum to get to the gym or plateau before I buy one.

As for protein I drink Optimum 100% whey. I get the natural kind with no added sweeteners and think it tastes fine. I dont drink protein for the taste anyways!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post
    I'm about to order up a big ass jar of protein shake mix and some more glutamine. I might be convinced to order something else somebody recommends something affordable and effective for boxing training - especially if it helps muscle recovery. I've used Nitrotech in the past and I've been pretty happy with it and I swear by glutamine, but I'm open to new ideas. Anybody have a protein shake they swear by or a simple suppliment stack other than my old reliable Nitrotech and Glutamine combo? I've used creatine before, and I'm debating if it will help me with my current goal of cutting weight while maintaining strenght.
    No muscletech products, grossly overpriced!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm trying to find a store who sells Universal NOX3 as that just seems like a pure NO booster unlike nitrix which has a bit of creatine in it which i don't really want, although at those levels would i notice a difference? If i can't find it this week i will just go with the nitrix and see how i go.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From a guy in the know, I discovered that whilst training for the Benn and Eubank fights Steve Collins used an "Aminos" supplement, that aided with strength Fitness and power.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For anyone worried about creatine use and any negative associated with it. Look into Kre-alkalyn. It's the only creatine that is infinetly stable in water and has an alkaline PH balance. Therefore it isn't broken down into a waste compound until after it has been used by muscle tissue. I have been completely unresponsive to any other creatine product I've taken.. And I did go through two full tubs of NO-xplode not too long ago. I was taking it every day, and you do notice good pumps. But as Cortez said, it's very likely bad for you in the long term. His describing being slow after a long workout in sparring isn't neccesarily a downside to NO2 products though. They work by creating oxygen in your bloodstream thus drawing fluid into your muscles. It's normal to feel much tighter and musclebound after heavy pumps, period.. Let alone when your talking No2. However, that will only cause greater gains, and couldn't possibly make you slower in the long term(unless of course your weight training in itself is highly detrimental to speed and ROM) regardless how it feels. Also, since I stopped taking it and any other NO2 product, I've still gotten FAR better results which I put down to the Kre-Alkalyn. If your looking for a balanced postworkout supplement, check out Myogenix-Aftershock. It's got all the glucose polymers(though not enough imo), with a whey isolate, a good amount of BCAA's, and extremely high quality glutamine and creatine as well as other muscle volumizers. There's also a good antioxidant blend and joint repair matrix which are very important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    For anyone worried about creatine use and any negative associated with it. Look into Kre-alkalyn. It's the only creatine that is infinetly stable in water and has an alkaline PH balance. Therefore it isn't broken down into a waste compound until after it has been used by muscle tissue. I have been completely unresponsive to any other creatine product I've taken.. And I did go through two full tubs of NO-xplode not too long ago. I was taking it every day, and you do notice good pumps. But as Cortez said, it's very likely bad for you in the long term. His describing being slow after a long workout in sparring isn't neccesarily a downside to NO2 products though. They work by creating oxygen in your bloodstream thus drawing fluid into your muscles. It's normal to feel much tighter and musclebound after heavy pumps, period.. Let alone when your talking No2. However, that will only cause greater gains, and couldn't possibly make you slower in the long term(unless of course your weight training in itself is highly detrimental to speed and ROM) regardless how it feels. Also, since I stopped taking it and any other NO2 product, I've still gotten FAR better results which I put down to the Kre-Alkalyn. If your looking for a balanced postworkout supplement, check out Myogenix-Aftershock. It's got all the glucose polymers(though not enough imo), with a whey isolate, a good amount of BCAA's, and extremely high quality glutamine and creatine as well as other muscle volumizers. There's also a good antioxidant blend and joint repair matrix which are very important.
    That sounds like a good product. I'll check out that Myogenix stuff. I'm a "balanced post-workout supplement' is exactly what I'm after.

Thread Information