Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Witter fans????

Isn't it funny how Junior Witter fans act as if his career is determined by Ricky Hatton. Ricky has come off the first defeat of his career just two months ago and is now apparently ducking Witter. Please explain to me how somebody who was willing to step up and fight the best in the business is ducking Witter, a fighter who nobody rated until the end of last year?

Witter should look at what he can do to make Hatton want to fight him, give him a bloody good reason. All this bull about it being what the the British public want, please!! Ask 100 people in the street who Ricky Hatton is and you'll get 100 correct answers. Ask 100 people who Junior Witter is and you'll probably get a dozen correct answers.

Maybe if he fills a church hall with his next fight he'll get some consideration, until then..............you get the point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Witter fans????

Quote Originally Posted by hackey View Post
    Isn't it funny how Junior Witter fans act as if his career is determined by Ricky Hatton. Ricky has come off the first defeat of his career just two months ago and is now apparently ducking Witter. Please explain to me how somebody who was willing to step up and fight the best in the business is ducking Witter, a fighter who nobody rated until the end of last year?

Witter should look at what he can do to make Hatton want to fight him, give him a bloody good reason. All this bull about it being what the the British public want, please!! Ask 100 people in the street who Ricky Hatton is and you'll get 100 correct answers. Ask 100 people who Junior Witter is and you'll probably get a dozen correct answers.

Maybe if he fills a church hall with his next fight he'll get some consideration, until then..............you get the point
    Church hall - really, how dare you? Junior Witter fights out of Doncaster, the Las Vegas of Yorkshire. He's come a long way since his Bradford days. Next stop - who knows? Derby maybe.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ask 100 uk boxing fans who witter is and they will all know

Witter is the other best LW in the UK... fight makes perfect sense to me.

and would be a massive event in the UK... i am a Hatton fan as well as a witter fan and feel it would be a massive shame if these 2 never met in the ring....because Ricky dosnt like him.

and as a Hatton Fan are you telling me you would not want to see this fight happen just to shut Witter up

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    ask 100 uk boxing fans who witter is and they will all know

Witter is the other best LW in the UK... fight makes perfect sense to me.

and would be a massive event in the UK... i am a Hatton fan as well as a witter fan and feel it would be a massive shame if these 2 never met in the ring....because Ricky dosnt like him.

and as a Hatton Fan are you telling me you would not want to see this fight happen just to shut Witter up

He wouldn't tell you, but he probably doesn't want to see it happen because he's not sure Hatton would win. Neither am I, agree that it's a fight that should happen though. I can't understand the logic behind this thread... Why should Hatton have to fight Witter when he was just chasing the best in the world.. BECAUSE HE JUST LOST, and Witter is probably the most realistic challenge out there for him currently. Sure you couldn't claim he was avoiding the fight when there was the MAyweather fight on the table and the prospect of him fighting other top welters... Now that is extremely unlikely to happen, so he should at least take the best fights at 140. Witter is a solid 2nd behind Hatton. He's clearly shown much better form than Paulie, Holt, Torres, anyone else in the last year or so. Has nothing to do with people suddenly becoming Witter fans. I've never really followed him much, but after watching him beat Corley than Harris and look dangerous in doing so, why wouldn't I want to see Hatton fight him over a second tier fighter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't get me wrong Saddo, nothing would give me more pleasure, but I don't like the way Witter deludes himself about things. Hatton has come off the first defeat of his career, so a tricky fight is never gonna happen as his next matchup.
    Secondly, Witter's fans and Witter seem to imply that Hatton is afraid of Witter which based on the fights he has taken on thus far in his career is out of order.
    Thirdly, Witter does not seem to grasp the sad truth that boxing is a business and as such, marketability is important. As much as saddo's is well know, I doubt we'd be able to fill the MEN. That leaves it to Joe public to get interested and I just don't see it happening that's all.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It'll happen only if Hatton has to take it. If he can get through the rest of his career without fighting Witter he will.

I'd love to see the fight. Witter has been in some dreadful fights but if he's on top form he could beat Hatton, and Hatton knows it.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't get me wrong Saddo, nothing would give me more pleasure, but I don't like the way Witter deludes himself about things. Hatton has come off the first defeat of his career, so a tricky fight is never gonna happen as his next matchup.
    Secondly, Witter's fans and Witter seem to imply that Hatton is afraid of Witter which based on the fights he has taken on thus far in his career is out of order.
    Thirdly, Witter does not seem to grasp the sad truth that boxing is a business and as such, marketability is important. As much as saddo's is well know, I doubt we'd be able to fill the MEN. That leaves it to Joe public to get interested and I just don't see it happening that's all.
    Who else is he going to fight in a bigger event though? Especially if it were to take place in the UK, Witter could easily be the best opponent for him from a financial standpoint. The only other big fight I've even heard discussed involving Hatton was against Pacquiao. And that's not too likely imo.. Neither is Hatton fighting any good welter's again. Doesn't leave a lot on the table if you ask me. I think fans like you suggesting he should just ride off into the sunset fighting handpicked opponents is a lot more unreasonable than people who want to see him fight arguably the only other top fighter in his division sometime soon.. If he doesn't, really what big fights do you see him taking to end his career? Should he just go out on the same note he rose to prominence? Maybe he should get back with Frank Warren FFS.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

have to dissagree mate Hatton has filled the MEN facing far more unknown fighters that Witter..... make no mistake Hatton is the draw but i dont think there is one hatton or witter fan that wouldn't turn up for this fight it would be one of the biggest UK events we have had for along time and that would prob be down to hattons popularity but it would also have alot to do with the fact he was fighting Witter.

this fight aint happning because Ricky dont want it i dont think he is scared i feel it is more of the fact Ricky really dosnt like Witter... and to me that is a big shame for all his fans who deep down want to see this fight more than any now.

before Mayweather i wanted to see...

Mayweather
    Cotto
    or
    Witter

Mayweather he fell short no shame in that but i really would not want to see him fight Cotto and i feel he would get beaten badly... so Witter for me is the best option.

and i dont want him to take an easy fight as he would have no motivation and an unmotavated Hatton aint good.

there is also the comparison with Naz... top of his game then got beaten by a great fighter and came back with a crap mismatch... lost all motivation because the fans didnt turn up in there thousands to support him and just dissapeared.

belive me mate Hattons next choice of opponent is very important MORSO FOR RICKY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't deny that it could be a great fight, but the timing is not right for it now, maybe August/September. I just can't face 6 months of jibes on the forums when Hatton hasn't done anything wrong

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's silly to keep playing the "Witters not worthy" card.

Ask 100 people in the street who Kosyta Tsyzu or Castillo or the other 40 odd fighters he's beaten are - you'd get zero answers.

Witter is FAR more known in the UK than Hatton has conned you lovers to believe.

And some people (Hatton especially) have OBVIOUSLY rated Witter for a long long time.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't deny that it could be a great fight, but the timing is not right for it now, maybe August/September. I just can't face 6 months of jibes on the forums when Hatton hasn't done anything wrong
    hahahah hazards of being a hatton fan mate take the good with the bad or just step back and say hey i'm a big fan of Rickys and its a shame the Witter fight aint happening.. but always be true to your heart as well as being a fan... simple

i feel this is a massive PR mistake for Ricky not taking on Witter... hes came off a loss and a Witter win would

A) Make him money ALOT of money as i feel he would rightly so get the lions share.

B) put him on a high as the best in the UK

and if he lost he can always count his millions and retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    It's silly to keep playing the "Witters not worthy" card.

Ask 100 people in the street who Kosyta Tsyzu or Castillo or the other 40 odd fighters he's beaten are - you'd get zero answers.

Witter is FAR more known in the UK than Hatton has conned you lovers to believe.

And some people (Hatton especially) have OBVIOUSLY rated Witter for a long long time.
    I didn't say he wasn't worthy and you make a fair point about Castillo and Tszyu, I just think he should be a little bit patient and give Ricky no other option, in another fight that'll probably be the case.

p.s i'm not a fanboy, just an open minded fan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair points, P4P!

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Hatton fan and would love to see this fight happen. And I reckon it surely will - Ray Hatton recently said as much - only not next up.

What is irritating about the pro-Witter lobby is the way they bandy about words like 'coward', 'scared', etc. in relation to Hatton, or imply that his achievements will count as naught unless their man gets a shot.

I like Witter too, incidentally; by all accounts he's a thoroughly decent guy. But his monomania about Hatton wears on he nerves at times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are Witter fans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Barlick View Post
    Fair points, P4P!

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Hatton fan and would love to see this fight happen. And I reckon it surely will - Ray Hatton recently said as much - only not next up.

What is irritating about the pro-Witter lobby is the way they bandy about words like 'coward', 'scared', etc. in relation to Hatton, or imply that his achievements will count as naught unless their man gets a shot.

I like Witter too, incidentally; by all accounts he's a thoroughly decent guy. But his monomania about Hatton wears on he nerves at times.
    His monomania about Hatton is no different to how Hatton wanted to fight Mayweather. Can you really blame Witter for wanting this fight? he wants to be the best in the division, and Hatton's the guy to beat to be the best. While Hatton avoids him he is denied a chance to prove his case to be no.1, and he's earned his shot more than anyone else at the weight.

Witter is the one being screwed over in this situation, yet some Hatton fans would have you believe it's the other way around. The excuse for not fighting Witter is that Junior keeps asking for the fight, what the hell do they expect him to do? keep quiet? making himself more 'unknown' and thus breaking another 'golden recquirement' to be a Hatton opponent?

Thread Information