Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Salty I hate you for even mentioning the word Tabata to me...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Salty I hate you for even mentioning the word Tabata to me...

Ok it's offical I hurt... no hurt isn't the word for it... I can not even move the mouse my arms are shaking so bad... and this is 45 minutes post workout...

Seriously had to sit in my truck for five minutes before I could put my truck into drive...

I don't know if this Tabata workout is going to improve my anerobic conditioning but it's going to do something... nothing can hurt this bad and not have positive side affects...

I did ok in the sprints and then went on to push-ups... Salty you are right... first 20 seconds went fine... second twenty seconds went ok... third set of pushups and I was... "Oh my... this hurts"... by the seventh set... I was down to 7 push-ups in twenty seconds... and am still crying about it...

Jump rope went ok...

Sit-ups went semi-ok...

But incline bench with free weights (Dumb-bells) 12 lbs each hand was about like the push-ups...

Including the 1 mile warm up... I was in the gym less then forty five minutes... and I haven't been this blasted in a long, long time...

One thing is for sure... my original idea to do this three or so times a week is out the window... I think Tuesdays and Saturdays will be just fine...

Thanks for the work out Salty... just picking about actually hating you... but I sure was muttering under my breath during it all...

Blackvenom-2001

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Salty I hate you for even mentioning the word Tabata to me...

Pure Tabata intervals will half-kill you if you are not already in good shape. I wouldn't recommend anyone to jump right into it without some preparation.

Consider what makes Tabata intervels successful? Is it simply intensity? What's the key thing thing here?

Now the key thing here of what Tabata intervels owes its success to is the 100 percent effort for 20 seconds and the just-as-crucial "short rest periods." This semi-explains why other forms of training do so well. Take for instance HIIT (Hight intensity interval training), as well as Circuit training.

Tabata drills is that it doesn't include active rest, in contrast between wind-sprints which may alternate between walking, jogging and sprinting, Tabata drills have 10 second breaks in between. Now the 10 seconds may not feel like much of a relief but it does allow you to push yourself harder than otherwise.

Nonetheless it can be like a bitch-on wheels if you are not ready for it. I think that taking from the idea of shortening the rest periods between your exercises will allow you gradually ease into the groove of Tabata intervals without the feeling like you've been having sex for 24-hours straight.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha... I actually thought I was in pretty good shape... I'm already feeling a lot better and know that I may be a little stiff in the morning but nothing that a couple of rounds of shadow boxing before work won't take care of...

Still it was a very intense workout... and glad I was put on to it... I can only see good things coming out of this...

Thanks Chris... and oh yea... I think I would have preferred the 24 hours of straight sex... lol... check that... I know I would have... haha...

Blackvenom-2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think i also told you, don't even try to do sprints,or tabats on consecutive days..unless you want to hurt yourself and waste away...try some easy running and such and make sure you work up to it...i found a trainingschedule you may want to use, it was like 10 min of running, then like 4 min of tabata with anoter 5 min or so of jogging...yeah that was killer...was on the straight blast gym page eons ago haven't seen it since if i can find it i'll give it to ya..will assure you no need for long distanec running evre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahaha congrats mate, now you know the meaning of tabata. Trust me after a month you will know unbelievable improvements i do them on the days off of the gym and am now easily the fittest one there. Keep your protein up and you will be an animal in no time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Iceman... yea I heard you and believed you... and even after the warning thought I might do them three days a week... now I am thinking 2 at the most...

Salty... Yea I can only see big improvements coming out of this... I am currently starting to cut weight...need to loose 10 lbs in a month and a half... so the one thing that I am trying to get is a lot of protein... don't want to loose too much muscle mass in the process of making weight becuase I am feeling as strong and as fast as I ever have in my life...

Thanks for your help...

Blackvenom-2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

start at two, try for three in a month or so, and if this helps you will be as a thai boxing great told me"keep it up and you will be a good one" he then smacked the hell out of me for dropping my guard while throwing a left hook...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh my you dropped your guard when throwing the left hook... well pain is the best educator... will probably have some similar lessons instilled in me tonght... and I'm looking forward to it...

You know... your right... even if I only do 1 Tabata workout a week it's still going to help a lot I think... and that would be four a month...

That's not bad... I will see how I feel on Saturday after sparring for two days in a row... I wouldn't mind still trying to do two a week... we shall see...

Blackveno-2001

Thread Information