Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joshua Clottey!!

I think Joshua clottey is in the top 3 of the welterweight division at this point and its really a shame that he doesnt get his chance. He was absolutely right in calling Cintron a pussy because hes clearly scared of grandmaster clottey. We really cant look at his last 2 fights as an indicator of how good he is because he fights to the level of competition. When will this man ever get his shot to prove that hes the man in the welterweight division!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joshua Clottey!!

I like Clottey, obviously, and I think he's one of the most avoided fighters in boxing, but I wouldn't put him in the top 3 of the welterweights. Broken hand or not, Margarito beat him (though I'd like to see a rematch), and he's surely not better than PBF or Cotto. I'd like to see him fight Paul Williams or maybe even Berto. Him versus either Mosley or Judah would be a good test too, but they're busy with eachother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Clotty and I'm sure he's frustrated. But he did lose to Margarito and I don't mind Margarito getting a shot vs Cintron ahead of Clotty since he did beat Joshua.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clottey has to feep the momentum going.I grew very tired of the Ouch my hand stuff vs. Margarito but he Is a major player.

Something about a Clottey VS. Berto Fight just gives me chills That would be nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't put Clottey in the Top 3. Floyd and Cotto are clearly the top 2, and I think you have to put Mosley #3 for now because of his strong showing against Cotto in November.

But Clottey is definitely in that second tier, with guys like Margarito, Cintron, Quintana, Collazo, etc. Clottey really missed a big time opportunity when he faded against Margarito (possibly due to injury). He's going to have to be paitent and wait for a mandatory title shot, and then make the most of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    Clottey has to feep the momentum going.I grew very tired of the Ouch my hand stuff vs. Margarito but he Is a major player.

Something about a Clottey VS. Berto Fight just gives me chills That would be nice

Agreed it would be a good one....Though I think Clottey Ko's Berto in the 7th or 8th...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by daPunisha View Post
    I think Joshua clottey is in the top 3 of the welterweight division at this point and its really a shame that he doesnt get his chance. He was absolutely right in calling Cintron a pussy because hes clearly scared of grandmaster clottey. We really cant look at his last 2 fights as an indicator of how good he is because he fights to the level of competition. When will this man ever get his shot to prove that hes the man in the welterweight division!!

I can't say I ever remember Clottey being referred to as "Grandmaster".....You learn something new every day
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by daPunisha View Post

clottey was setup to fight cotto, but i think what made that fall through was when cotto discovered that mayweather wasnt gonna fight him, i could be wrong but it seemed like a good fight to take if u were preparing for mayweather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean we have to call it like it is. Im not making excuses for nooone but we know grandmaster beat baldomir before being disqualified. And the first 4 rounds we saw that he was making margarito look like an amateur, and we heard him tell his corner about the hand during the fight. It wasnt an after fight excuse like some people make. Plus you cant say that Clottey didnt win at least 2 of the last 8 rounds of the fight to make it at least a draw. At worst, even if he lost the last 8 rounds the score shoulda been 116-112, but we didnt even get that. Clearly the judges cheated this man. The guy really should be undefeated at this point. WHen you really look at it, noone in the division can hurt Clottey, but damn boxing really does suck sometime. I've been waiting for this guy to get his shot for a loong time and noone wants to fight him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua Clottey sounds more like a dishwasher brand than fighter.
    He fights well, i will give him that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    I wouldn't put Clottey in the Top 3. Floyd and Cotto are clearly the top 2, and I think you have to put Mosley #3 for now because of his strong showing against Cotto in November.

But Clottey is definitely in that second tier, with guys like Margarito, Cintron, Quintana, Collazo, etc. Clottey really missed a big time opportunity when he faded against Margarito (possibly due to injury). He's going to have to be paitent and wait for a mandatory title shot, and then make the most of it.
    Im agree ,you see with Quintana is a good option, Quintana is going too fast , it seems like he want to make one Big fight and thats all , now he want fight Mosley in May , i think he going lose his title fast , he would fight Clotey , Collazo and Judah first with a good title defense to make some money and then make another one with a Big Purse , i dont know if Quintana want a rematch with Cotto , because if he would want it , he will take it easy..... thats is what i guess

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quintana -- Clottey would be fun to watch right about now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If clottey continues to win he'll get his shot...there are just too many guys out there right now.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Zabdiel's on his way back to P4P number 1 how is Clottey the man at welter?

Anyway never in my life have I seen as much made out of a hand injury than with the Clottey/Margarito fight. Its as if people assume the fight would have gone 12-0 for Clottey if not for that. Not like Margarito's not known as a slow starter and Clottey hasn't been known to fade.

He's a good fighter, very solid. He doesn't seem to have a ton of ambition or energy or something. Like the final few rounds of the Alvarez fight, had a guy in front of him who could do nothing with him, nothing, and Clottey just kind of coasted through till the end.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    If Zabdiel's on his way back to P4P number 1 how is Clottey the man at welter?

Anyway never in my life have I seen as much made out of a hand injury than with the Clottey/Margarito fight. Its as if people assume the fight would have gone 12-0 for Clottey if not for that. Not like Margarito's not known as a slow starter and Clottey hasn't been known to fade.

He's a good fighter, very solid. He doesn't seem to have a ton of ambition or energy or something. Like the final few rounds of the Alvarez fight, had a guy in front of him who could do nothing with him, nothing, and Clottey just kind of coasted through till the end.
    Rep Inbound Oumafan.I like Clottey but that drama was tremendously over played about the hand.Name me one fighter that does not face extinuating risk's & Injury before,during,or even after a fight.Clottey said it was Injured two weeks prior.Regardless,Margarito was stepping It up and putting It on Clottey...Hand or no hand.
    The over hyping Announce team were already calling It like it was a confirmed break around the 5th & 6th and basically building it up.Leave It to the Dr's fella's.The Welter's are stacked and some huge match-ups are possible.Clottey will be a player but I agree the lack of Fire in the late rounds vs. Alvarez leaves me wanting.

Thread Information