Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hiya all, Its Abaddon

Hey people !

Nice to see you guys are still at it: Been real busy with my Gym, index To catch you all up, I just added a weight room to my gym, and all is well. My daughter if ya'll remember weighed 245, she is now down to 165 and still carries that heavy weight punch. We cant find anyone to fight her. She had one fight against a girl named Tonya, the only other girl to beat this woman was Tika Hemmingway who trains at my gym. Tika beat her twice, the girl is 35 years old, 8-2, 160 pounds, and my daughter who just turned 17 TKO'ed her in the second, she crushed her. The problem that I face now is that I cant get a fight for my daughter or Tika Hemmingway. I called all over the country, cant get nothing, any suggestions?

How you been Sharla, Trainer Monkey, Mike, and all you other people? Nice to be back on your forums, I will try to make more of an effort to get in here. I have 4 fighters getting ready for the Golden Gloves, 2nd round here in Pennsylvania. Well time to ge to bed, if my wife will leave me alone::P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hiya all, Its Abaddon

Yo,bro,
    Hit me privately and Ill see what I can do,Ive just got to keep the line free for the end of the month fight Ive got.
    It should be totally cool,I got Ashley McNeely lined up tonight for corner work(yeah yeah,the MTV guy,he's got a hell of a boxing bloodline)tonight,I just need the line open for the almost inevetible,"Ummmmm stuff came up" call up and down the line.
    The contracts were faxed,the corner is lined up,but I have learned to trust nothing in this buisness until my fighter is on their way to the fight.
    Actually to be honest,not even then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hiya partner

Nice to get a quick reply, tx. I know what you mean tho about the trust issue. Hell, even in the amateur ranks it is crazy, let alone the pro's. being in the AMA is an issue of its own, let alone the local crooked promoters, lol. So I can relate, lol. The biggest part of this whole deal with Tika is that she had jumped gyms three times befor landing in Clairton Boxing, mostly because of the trainers trying to exploit her. But while she may have been right for jumping gyms, she burnt some bridges making it real hard to get her any local fights. My daughter on the other hand is really benefitting by having Tika in the gym, their pretty tight, and Tika is a helluva nice asset to have in the gym as far as having a class athlete if you know what I mean, young fighters learn a lot from her. Well I appreciate the offer and I will be contacting you soon, thanks bro:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Todays your lucky day bro
    I tore my rotator cuff,so I cant sleep for more then a couple of hours anyway,you caught me on the awake time. Get me her specs,I checked her out,I shouldnt have a problem getting her booked if she's willing to travel,as long as its pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Abaddon,

There really aren't enough girls in teh sport. three bouts in a year would be a good year for me. It sucks but I guess as long as training continues to be challenging and interesting for your daughter she'll draw motivation from the training in itself as well.

Sounds like she's got at least one good sparring partner and a good mate too now which is good to hear.

I can't really offer any advice on how to get bouts over there but I'm glad it's going well. Let us know when she fights again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post
    Hey Abaddon,

There really aren't enough girls in teh sport. three bouts in a year would be a good year for me. It sucks but I guess as long as training continues to be challenging and interesting for your daughter she'll draw motivation from the training in itself as well.

Sounds like she's got at least one good sparring partner and a good mate too now which is good to hear.

I can't really offer any advice on how to get bouts over there but I'm glad it's going well. Let us know when she fights again.
    Sharla,Ill be very honest,I cant get anyone to pay for your damned travel expenses
    Its not even that they dont want to use you,but the money Aussie to US is ridiculous
    I put out feelers,but it will cost a fortune to fly you out,getting a promoter to pay for a freaking rental car over here is like pulling teeth,let alone a cross Pacific fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's Cool TM,

I really didn't expect to get any fights in the states until I had a chance to pay for my own travel.

It might still happen at some stage but I think I'll be looking at getting a few here and in NZ first. I'll schedule a bout in the states as something to do when I'm no longer a student.

I might end up moving next year and living pretty much anywhere in the northern hemisphere it has to be cheaper to travel than where I am now.

At the moment I have a few technical issues I'm trying to nut out too to do with my defensive skills and consistency which are keeping me pretty busy too!

Awesome of you to be keeping your eye on things for me though thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Hiya all, Its Abaddon

That's Cool TM,

I really didn't expect to get any fights in the states until I had a chance to pay for my own travel.

It might still happen at some stage but I think I'll be looking at getting a few here and in NZ first. I'll schedule a bout in the states as something to do when I'm no longer a student.

I might end up moving next year and living pretty much anywhere in the northern hemisphere it has to be cheaper to travel than where I am now.

At the moment I have a few technical issues I'm trying to nut out too to do with my defensive skills and consistency which are keeping me pretty busy too!

Awesome of you to be keeping your eye on things for me though thanks
    Hey,I told you I would.Im rare for this buisness,if I told you Id do something,I try to get it done
    The travel expenses for your record are cost prohibitive,and you have a good record,but lets face it,these guys are trying to sell tickets.I need a name to sell to them
    Its not nice,but its the way the game is played
    But I swear girl,Ill keep plugging away for you,Ive read reports on you,and Ive talked to you enough,you have skills,and heart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks TM!

I'm suprised there's much written about me anywhere.

I'm even more suprised there's GOOD stuff written about me!

I'll definately be over there sometime in the next couple of years.

Life's too short to not take the opportunities it hands you and I'm really appreciative of the opportunities you're offering here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks TM!

I'm suprised there's much written about me anywhere.

I'm even more suprised there's GOOD stuff written about me!

I'll definately be over there sometime in the next couple of years.

Life's too short to not take the opportunities it hands you and I'm really appreciative of the opportunities you're offering here!
    This is the age of the internet
    You cant so much as pass wind without a review of it
    I was raised to know,know who your friends are,and cover them,Feur needed a friend when she fessed to being a female boxer here.Heck I needed one when I first came on here.
    You were there both times
    You think Im not going to take care of you?
    That aint how I was raised,you take care of your friends,I got you covered here in the states
    Why I gave the big ups to Airtight as well,you cover your friends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Much appreciated

I think you two have probably been more help to me with all your words of wisdom than I could've possibly been to the two of you!

Anytime there's anything I can do for you and Fuer I'm here for you two too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Much appreciated

I think you two have probably been more help to me with all your words of wisdom than I could've possibly been to the two of you!

Anytime there's anything I can do for you and Fuer I'm here for you two too.
    This is going to sound totally un-guy like
    I appreciate the hell out of fighters like you,Feur,Mahfood,and Wolf
    It aint foxy boxing,its war
    I hate when guys get a condescending attitude towards female athletes,like you guys dont work for it just as hard
    Your sticking it up these chauvenist tools,and twisting
    Good for the lot of you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks TM

I tend to find that the fighters I most respect on the local boxing scene don't insult my efforts.

They have a very similar attitude to you - that if you train hard and it means enough to you to put the effort in then go for it - no matter who you are.

I am a tad addicted to this forum because there are so many encouraging people on it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks TM

I tend to find that the fighters I most respect on the local boxing scene don't insult my efforts.

They have a very similar attitude to you - that if you train hard and it means enough to you to put the effort in then go for it - no matter who you are.

I am a tad addicted to this forum because there are so many encouraging people on it!
    Some days I catch myself being a guy
    Im barking up Feur's ass,and I start to feel bad
    Then I remind myself,she's an athlete
    Bark harder,as long as she's responding to what Im selling,sell it harder,dont treat her like a girl,treat her like an athlete
    Anything short of that is insulting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do get the impression she takes her training and her conditioning very seriously and probably thrives on it!

Thread Information