Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Broken bones?

Alright people, just a quick question, I've been boxing about 4 weeks now, i have a heavy bag and some pretty simple gloves, anyways I haven't got a right forearm so i wear a prosthesis (like a fake arm) and pop a glove on the end of that. So i'm probably not allowed to sparr but Recently i've had this really bad pain in my middle knuckle, sometimes i'ts fine but some times it feels like i've broken it, theres no brusing but i've only been able to shadowbox for the last few days. I heard there was like 40 bones in the human hands and I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible that i've broken one? Also anyone know an alternative to skipping but with the same benefits cos of the arm?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Broken bones?

People break bones in their hands all the time. With time, your hands will toughen up, but be careful not to over do it. I'd stick with the shadow boxing for at least a few more days or until your hand feels better.

I broke a knuckle several years ago in a fight. I just recently bought a heavy bag for exercise and within a couple of days, I felt a little pain in the same spot. Anyway... it's been probably 4-6 weeks and my hands feel good and are noticeably stronger and tougher than they were when I first bought the heavy bag. Just make sure you're not pushing it too hard because injuries can set you back far more than taking it easy.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to replace skipping? step ups are quite a good alternative, helps if you have some one to set the pace

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    to replace skipping? step ups are quite a good alternative, helps if you have some one to set the pace
    If you want light impact use one of those rebounders.
    Running.
    Sprint swimming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That sounds good, thanks for the advice, another quick question was how to strengthen up your knuckles, other than just waiting for it to happen? Is there anything you can do to speed up the process or get better results from the same length of time?

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Go through the skipping routine ,but without the rope, imagine the rope is there ,so you swing the arms around anyway and dance and skip to your hearts content.

The rope really isnt a part of it except for the timing and coordination part and that hasnt got much to do with ring work,so dont worry,that part can be learned through footowrk and sparring combined with your own shadow boxing while moving around.

Toughen knuckles on your good hand with light pushups on them ,maybe start on your knees on carpet, do finger tip ones too and lightly move the finger joints but take it easy with the weight you put on them for a while and start with small sets and build up real slowly over the months and years so you eventually end up on your toes doing how ever many you require.

You could do the bucket of rice thing and lightly punch into that and use it to grip into etc as well.

Cheap light hand springs used just on the fingers and thumb strengthen them up fast too.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information