Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Please help, Damn nose

Hi, First of all, sorry for my english.

Im new in the boxing business but I felt in love with this sport. My problem is, that im very afraid about my nose  during every sparing. Its very painful when someone hit my nose, and Im afraid of breaking it. This make my VERY uncomfortable during fight's, my foot work getting sux, my moves are very stiff and Im paralyzed because of that damn nose. Im holding gloves close to my nose and all I can do is throw some soft jabs to my opponent with right hand still close to the face. I saw a corrales-castillo fight 2 weks ago, they were hitting each others with super fast and hard hits straight to the face, and many were landed on the nose, but there wasn't even a sign of nose injury, even a sign of blood. When im getting hit , im starting bleeding like a pig. I can still fight but this is very, very uncomfortable. I know this is a hard sport for tough guys, but Im feeling if have no nose, I would sparing even with mike tyson, cause I dont care about cuts, about horrible swelings or even my teeth, just that damn nose. Please tell me , is there a some way to avoid this or Im just a possy and boxing isn't for me( )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Please help, Damn nose

I had my nose broken in my first ever serious sparring session, I have a big hard boney nose not a soft one. But what it did to me was actually make me determined not to be hit on my nose again!! So it improved my boxing more than any reluctant, anxious sparring could ever do. I made sure to move my head from side-to-side when I was closing in, and I made sure that I was fucking my opponent up so bad that he wouldn't have the chance to crack me on the nose! That's what it did to me, it was the best thing that could of happened to me.

Also, once you break your nose once, you physically cannot break it again! So once you get that first nose break out of the way, it doesn't get broken again and you don't ever feel it as bad as the first time you got cracked on the bridge of it. My nose would bleed all the time, I had fights stopped on nose bleeds, but I never felt the kind of pain that I felt when I had my nose busted in that first ever sparring session I had - I went on to get hit MUCH harder on the nose than the time I had it broken but it didn't feel as bad.

Stop being a wuss and get that fucking nose broken get it out the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jesus Christ, Thats a hardcore method but if will bring the result, I can sacrifice one time. But God no more nose breaking after that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alot of beginers get this, due to getting hit alot on the nose(poor defence), and not being hit on the nose before(nose is not use to it). Your nose will adapt and bleed less often with time.
    Here is what you can do, if you get hit in sparring hit them back harder, think if they are going to hurt me i am going to hurt them back, they hit you once you hit them twice.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Try sparring with face saver headgear (has a bar across the nose) until your defense gets better. The thing with boxing is you are always going to get bopped on the nose from time to time.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't believe DD - you can rebreak your nose.

Its a common fear - once you've been bopped once or twice you realise that you can take these shots

BTW just hitting someone harder because they've hit you is a sure way for a beginner to get worked over.

Just take your time - if you don't feel ready to spar yet then don't!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the problem is my poor skills(im beginner). Untill I learn more and gain some quickness/reflex I need something like this http://store.tufwear.com/tuf-wear-ca...-headgear.html but I dont have credit card. I'll try to find this type of gear in the local store. This stuff is really cool, someday I will fight completly without any face protectors, But now Im to weak. Thanx everyone anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    That's rubbish, you cannot break it again once it's been broken. How come mine never got broke again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No offence, but duh, lol, you can break your nose as many times as u want (within reason), I know a few people who have broken their nose 6-7 times. What happens is when you break a bone it will mesh back together and form a much stronger part where it has been broken, also you could have your nose broken in a different place just as easily!

Do you really think if someone decided to take a sledgehammer to your face your nose would be fine?!

So technically, the more you break your nose, the harder it will become, and it will lose a lot of the pain that you get when your hit in it! But make sure if your nose is broken you seek proper medical help, or you could end up with the bone poking out further, or having it bent round your face! There is also the chance that it will heal badly making it several time weaker than before. My manager has a nose so delicate when someone brushed past it on the street it broke!!!

I would say that the best way to do it is to do it just like the guy said, don't be a wuss, get it out of the way, and you won't be as afraid of it! Especially if it's holding you back in the ring! Good luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DD
    That's rubbish, you cannot break it again once it's been broken. How come mine never got broke again?
    Maybe you were lucky.

When a bone in any part of the body breaks, it becomes stronger when it heals, but it can always be broken again.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

half of the replies here deserve a sad click....

my dad's had his nose broken 4 times and going punch for punch is an effective way to learn nothing...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dave, DMD, Adam - all correct.
    DD you're a fool, bone is a bone is a bone so can be broken many times.

newbie - some people have a tendancy towards this the same as getting a nosebleed or getting cut. The best advice would be try not to get hit so much! It can be a worry but think of it like an identify feature of certain boxers besides when you're rich and famous and retired from fighting you can get it fixed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bone is a bone is a bone
    Yeah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"BTW just hitting someone harder because they've hit you is a sure way for a beginner to get worked over." Missy

I was trying to take him away from the victim mentality, when i started sparring i was afraid to hit someone as it was new to me, by saying "Ok if you hit me i am going to hit you back twice"
    It gives people confidence, and allows them to deal mentality with the fact they have been punched in the face.

Remember it is better to give than to receive

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he's not worried about being a victim he's worried about getting his face broken.

And I maintain if a beginner goes in against an experienced fighter and looks to hurt them because they've been hit three things will happen, they won't get near them to land so they'll feel frustrated, the more experienced boxer will whup you, or lastly if the coach has told him to go easy on you you get back to number one.

Thread Information