Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins!!!!

Now don't get me wrong, I now have alot of respect for Joe Calzaghe & believe he is a good fighter, but Hopkins is a sl of slick & bully of a fighter that seems to always find his way thru every opponent. People say that he is past his prime but what has he showed in the ring that he is past his prime besides people guessing this becuz of Bernard's age? What has he not done today that he hasn't 10 years ago? He hasn't even showed a sign of age even though many expect it in every fight but in ever fight he pulls it thru & wins: and INO he will do the same with Calzaghe & hand him his first loss in his career.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins!!!!

Wow!

Northside picking against Calzaghe!?!

whoda though it!

whooda thought it!!!
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure who i'll be picking yet but no matter who b hop faces it's always hard for me to pick against him. He seems to always find a way.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Wow!

Northside picking against Calzaghe!?!

whoda though it!

whooda thought it!!!
    I would pick Calzaghe over Taylor, over Pavlik, even I'd give him a chance over Roy, but Hopkins is unlike any of these mentioned fighters & is slick in the ring & makes his opponents fight his fight!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

OK

I bet you'd soon change your mind should he ever sign to fight Roy, Pavlik or Taylor
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    OK

I bet you'd soon change your mind should he ever sign to fight Roy, Pavlik or Taylor
    Naw, Joe is too much for Taylor ir Pavlik INO. Roy has a chance at out boxing Joe, but Joe is fast as well and has the power to KO Roy INO! Hopkins is a different story & the only way Joe is winning is by SD, & I dont believe that is going to happen!

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apart from Calzaghe's work rate i think Hopkins is better in every department , but that work rate may be enough to win
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Apart from Calzaghe's work rate i think Hopkins is better in every department , but that work rate may be enough to win
    Now thats a great opnion instead of other people just saying that Calaghe will win & have no reason why! Yes, that is a possiblilty & yes Hopkins' skill level is greater in every other way! coolclick 4 u!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now thats a great opinion instead of other people just saying that Calaghe will win & have no reason why! Yes, that is a possiblilty & yes Hopkins' skill level is greater in every other way! coolclick 4 u!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im glad someone finally said it. No direspect to joe but I agree. Hopkins is better in all categories. But I have seen the aging in hopkins and he could be beat on workrate. Everyone who is picking joe r forgetting a few things. Hopkins has been here before but for joe this will be his first fight against a big name, his first fight in america, and his first fightt at 175. These things will come into play. See i know hop is mentally strong enough but im not sold on joe yet. Add that on with hops rough house tactics and this could be a long night. all Im saying is if he jumps in on hops like he did lacy and kessler he will be in for a surprise. Bernard wont hit him alot but he will be accurate.
    Step up so I can put you down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great point! But B-Hop will split Calzaghe's work rate in half. Once he does that, every other department will follow accordingly.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by death View Post
    Great point! But B-Hop will split Calzaghe's work rate in half. Once he does that, every other department will follow accordingly.
    So... Hopkins is faster? I do agree that in most departments I would have to side with Hopkins as well.. It's just that speed and workrate are incredibly in Joe's favour in this fight. Hop will have more power, be stronger in close, he's definetly the smarter boxer, he's far craftier... But Joe is no slouch in any of those departments. I just see Calzaghe's advantages being more signifigant, if not as numerous.. I am actually very excited about this fight.. If Hopkins manages to win his legend will be undoubted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    So... Hopkins is faster? I do agree that in most departments I would have to side with Hopkins as well.. It's just that speed and workrate are incredibly in Joe's favour in this fight. Hop will have more power, be stronger in close, he's definetly the smarter boxer, he's far craftier... But Joe is no slouch in any of those departments. I just see Calzaghe's advantages being more signifigant, if not as numerous.. I am actually very excited about this fight.. If Hopkins manages to win his legend will be undoubted.
    Ok, I'll give it to you that Joe is faster. I over looked that one.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This will be a pretty emphatic win for Calzaghe. Kessler was a significantly bigger threat than this old version of BHop. Calzaghe will toy with him and will no doubt get tagged a few times...but having said that...Hopkins has never in his career been in with someone who will make him work as hard as he will need to. 5 years ago this was a great fight, now the result is obvious. Calzaghe by decisive points margin.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If all you need to beat Hopkins is a higher workrate, he can't that great surely? Boxing would be a totally different sport if that were the case. If Hopkins is better in every department, that should mean he is tactically better and therefore will be able negate JCs workrate

Thread Information