Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is David Haye the savior of the heavyweight division?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is David Haye the savior of the heavyweight division?

I'm wondering after his demolition of Macca, if Haye is the future of the HW Division. The guy is a MURDEROUS puncher at cruiser and quite honestly, I think he's probably been weight-drained the entire time. With an added 20-25 pounds on his frame, he'd most likely carry his power up to heavyweight. At 6'3, he's not all that tall but it wouldn't be a handicap, he'd be a decent size heavyweight. I could see him giving any one of the heavyweights a run for their money because of his speed and punching style. He almost reminds exactly of a 200 pound version of Andre Berto. I know his chin is a little questionable but I think it's more a product of him not being at the right weight a la Cotto @ 140. The kid is a future star IMO and along with Sam Peter is the type of fighter that heavyweight boxing needs. I don't really keep up with British boxing but this guy and JoeCal are making me pay more attention. What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is David Haye the savior of the heavyweight division?

I say if by bulked up to 215, he would not lose any speed off the delivery of his punches. Speed will be his money maker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He would definitely do well, however, I think that Wlad would still have his number, Wlad is more desciplined, well schooled, and he is basically the natural heavyweight version of David Haye, both are fast, huge power, and more importantly immensely strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely, I would fancy him against ANY heavyweight right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to respectfully disagree.

He put on a great show last night, but he is not the 'savior' of the heavyweight division.

Truth be told, there isn't a savior looming anywhere on the horizon right now for the heavies. Wlad is the closest thing we get, and he is flawed beyond repair. I love both Klitschkos, but Wlad will never be able to engage like the old days (without fear of getting sparked) and Vitali... well, if Vitali could make it through training camp without incident he could clean up, but I fear his best days are fast receeding into the sunet.

David Haye reminds me too much of Dominick Guinn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    He would definitely do well, however, I think that Wlad would still have his number, Wlad is more desciplined, well schooled, and he is basically the natural heavyweight version of David Haye, both are fast, huge power, and more importantly immensely strong.
    Wlad has been on his ass 11 times through his career and if he was KO'd by Sanders and Brewster then imagine what David Haye will do to him when he lands a hayemaker as remmeber when Haye goes up to heavy he will be hitting harder than he was at cruiser and you seen what he did to Bonin at heavy.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well i think it was 2 fights ago he dipped his toe at heavy and he looked the bizz.... speed was as fast as ever looked better than i had seen him look in a while and the extra weight suited him so for me he will fit in really well and make alot of noise...

cant remember who he was in against offhand and cba to look but i do remamber being well impressed with him and preformance at the time

its no secret that he has been struggling to make the weight for years so we might just have something to rave about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is no HW division saviour...Haye has a lot of flaws in his style...Flaws that if he brought with him to the HW division he gets sparked...The biggest being the way he holds down his left hand.....Haye does not impress me....Sorry gents but you are all just so desperate for a HW you are willing to take anyone with a pulse
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    The biggest being the way he holds down his left hand
    bit like that Lewis gif in your sig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    bit like that Lewis gif in your sig

Oh hell mate I don't wish that shot on anyone...There were bad intentions and an example being made with that punch.....But thats the general idea of it anyhow
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was impressive but he look open. I just cant help but think if he keeps himself that open then wlad will spark him. But also if he connects then goodnight wlad.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is a good fighter and might go far in the heavyweights.

The only thing is ..... every time I see him I wonder of he can reach his own cock with his mouth and give himself blowjobs.

The guy seriously is so self-satisfied, so smug and so in love with himself - that you KNOW he would do it if he could !!

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just my thoughts but this is what I see.
    Haye will be a moderately sucessfull HW until he reaches the top 4 or 5 guys. From there,whichever he faces that has good technique and or chin,he is a goner. He is just too open with that left hand low and the power will be MUCH different than what he is used to regardless of his one HW experience. He fought a guy who was made for him that time. You just don't go dippin' your toes in the water without knowing how warm the temperature is. Haye will only accomplish messing up an already weak and distraught division by getting a big shot with the weakest guy available by using his popularity. Should he win a fight of that nature he will only cause more problems and add another name in the hat.
    I support his bid as a HW ONLY if he works his way up and proves he can handle the jar.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have not seen last night's fights yet (anyone want to help me out with that?) but from the sounds of it, it was the same old Haye and he just ran through Enzo.

I agree with Daxx though, he does have flaws and some unknowns. The first is that left hand. Again, didn't see last night but he usually leaves that thing carelessly low. Another thing that you always have to check with these type of fighters is how they react to getting moved backwards.

Haye tends to get flatfooted and doesn't do much side to side movement, I'm interested in seeing someone in the heavyweight ranks move him backwards. Hope he knows how because moving backwards with that left hand low is a recipe for disaster. And I have little doubt that someone like Sam Peter or even Wlad would be able to get him on the reverse.

Still, the best thing for the division, and maybe boxing, at this point is David Haye because he is an exciting fighter with the necessary skills to make a run for the top crown.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by noskill View Post
    Just my thoughts but this is what I see.
    Haye will be a moderately sucessfull HW until he reaches the top 4 or 5 guys. From there,whichever he faces that has good technique and or chin,he is a goner. He is just too open with that left hand low and the power will be MUCH different than what he is used to regardless of his one HW experience. He fought a guy who was made for him that time. You just don't go dippin' your toes in the water without knowing how warm the temperature is. Haye will only accomplish messing up an already weak and distraught division by getting a big shot with the weakest guy available by using his popularity. Should he win a fight of that nature he will only cause more problems and add another name in the hat.
    I support his bid as a HW ONLY if he works his way up and proves he can handle the jar.
    Wel yeh he is open but he's cleaned up at cruiser and he carried his left hand low the entire time.

Don't go telling me that the heavies are better skilled to take advantage of that.

Maybe Wlad but then you could easily argue 'what would happen to wlad when haye catches him'

Thread Information