SigmaMu Guest

Default Is Cotto underestimating Gomez?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Cotto underestimating Gomez?

Hey Danny , i don't think so , but is very confident that going Win , i guarantee you........

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good video Danny, I'm suprised by how much bigger Alfonso is than Cotto, I really reckon he has a chance to cause a suprise.

By the way am I correct in thinking that little guy that Cotto was applying lip balm to has been confirmed as Ricky Hatton's next opponent?

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Good video Danny, I'm suprised by how much bigger Alfonso is than Cotto, I really reckon he has a chance to cause a suprise.

By the way am I correct in thinking that little guy that Cotto was applying lip balm to has been confirmed as Ricky Hatton's next opponent?
    I am not worried about his size/height. To be honest, Cotto fairs much better against taller fighters than he does against the little ones. The bigger they are, the bigger the beating. Don't ask me why? I guess for one, there is more body and I think for 2, most fighters either have to fight low or fight tall but in both cases, Cotto either catches them high and low and just chops them down little by little. It's the tiny guys who give Cotto more of a problem and if not those his own height. The taller ones get destroyed something nasty.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post

I am not worried about his size/height. To be honest, Cotto fairs much better against taller fighters than he does against the little ones. The bigger they are, the bigger the beating. Don't ask me why? I guess for one, there is more body and I think for 2, most fighters either have to fight low or fight tall but in both cases, Cotto either catches them high and low and just chops them down little by little. It's the tiny guys who give Cotto more of a problem and if not those his own height. The taller ones get destroyed something nasty.
    What a great technical analysis, it is the tiny ones who give him trouble. Has nothing to do with styles, if his opponent is bigger than him, they don't have a chance in hell. He could only possibly lose to someone really tiny like Ivan Calderon. You should be a trainer Danny.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

What a great technical analysis, it is the tiny ones who give him trouble. Has nothing to do with styles, if his opponent is bigger than him, they don't have a chance in hell. He could only possibly lose to someone really tiny like Ivan Calderon. You should be a trainer Danny.
    Of course styles have to be added to the equation, but I don't see anything in Gomez style that would cause or give Cotto problems. I am just basing this on Cotto's other fights and opponents. Cotto manages to adapt and over come the styles but it has been the little guys who posed the most trouble because they are so low and then go lower to where Cotto is hitting nothing but their heads and that has to take it's toll on the hands and hurts more than when most of your punches are landing on the face and body.

You smart ass.

I have to sad click you with all of my power for trying to get too cute.

BUYA!
    Last edited by SigmaMu; 03-23-2008 at 01:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think , while more bigger is , is like a big target for him to make confortable shots......

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of course styles have to be added to the equation, but I don't see anything in Gomez style that would cause or give Cotto problems. I am just basing this on Cotto's other fights and opponents. Cotto manages to adapt and over come the styles but it has been the little guys who posed the most trouble because they are so low and then go lower to where Cotto is hitting nothing but their heads and that has to take it's toll on the hands and hurts more than when most of your punches are landing on the face and body.

You smart ass.

BUYA!
    Wasn't saying Gomez style will cause him any success, didn't mention Gomez. Just thought it was kind of funny how stupid your post was in terms of logic. What quality opponents has Miguel fought that were signifigantly taller than him? I can't really think of any, nor these tiny ones he destroys. Most of his best opponents have been roughly his height if I'm not mistaken. Thanks for the sad click Danny, keep em coming please.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

....afer cambell and vera among other upsets lately, he'd be stupid to.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

SigmaMu Guest

You smart ass.

BUYA!
    Wasn't saying Gomez style will cause him any success, didn't mention Gomez. Just thought it was kind of funny how stupid your post was in terms of logic. What quality opponents has Miguel fought that were signifigantly taller than him? I can't really think of any, nor these tiny ones he destroys. Most of his best opponents have been roughly his height if I'm not mistaken. Thanks for the sad click Danny, keep em coming please.

The tall fighters like Bazan, Pinto, Bailey Maussa, are just a few tall ones Cotto beat down. I would mention Sparkman but hey wait, that is what Alfonso is like, Sammy Sparkman and Gomez is going to get sparked up as though he were Sammy

Little guys like Brown, Cotto was hitting nothing but the head of the midget and went the distance.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well ok Danny, I haven't seen all those fights, just Pinto and Bailey... But I'd put that down to Cotto just being vastly better than them instead of the height differential. Maussa for instance, sucks. I've never heard of Brown either. All I know is Corley, Torres, Mosley and Judah are all listed as being at least as tall as Cotto, Mosley was taller by a couple inches if I remember.

SigmaMu Guest

Well ok Danny, I haven't seen all those fights, just Pinto and Bailey... But I'd put that down to Cotto just being vastly better than them instead of the height differential. Maussa for instance, sucks. I've never heard of Brown either. All I know is Corley, Torres, Mosley and Judah are all listed as being at least as tall as Cotto, Mosley was taller by a couple inches if I remember.
    Like I said the tall ones get delt with the ones who are about his size fair better and the little ones just duck so low Cotto hits nothing but head and get by and survive

SigmaMu Guest

You did not see the Bazan fight? OMG what a great and entertaining fight. Bazan was all HEART but he got the shit beat out of him it was so funny like in the tenth, his corner said something to Bazan that made everyone who heard it laugh out loud and even bazan looked at the camera and starting laughing. Paul Rodriguez was there and made some very funny comments that made the whole thing even more funny. I felt kind of bad for bazan but he was all heart that night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have Always liked Gomez is the only one I have followed from the contender series. I see in him a promising contender I like his style and I see in him space to develop.

Right now in my eyes it would be a very good fight but I do think is way to soon to put Gomez with Cotto. It's like Vargas a good up and comer but they put him to sson with a guy like Tito.
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not pickin Gomez but I have said before on these boards that Gomez is not to be looked at as an opponent by anyone..The guy comes to fight and he has skills...not elite but he is not a scrub either.....He will give Cotto a good fight..

I also do not think Cotto is the type to overlook anyone...He is always improving and is not the cocky type that thinks he will just go in and make short work of anyone....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information