Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Tavoris Cloud

Tavoris Cloud

Had no idea who he was before seeing his fight with Mike Wood from this weekend and wow, he looks impressive. Tall, impressive build with short punches and incredible power.

He has an upright stance, very centered possessing a good jab. His best weapon though is his right cross which is very fast and very heavy. Very short punch, doesn't reach with it at all but is able to put all his weight behind it and it looks to be a genuine destroyer. Against Wood he was able to put short hooks spaced perfectly to ice the KO. Very impressive, also has some fights on Youtube worth checking out.

Anyone seen him? Thoughts? Here is the only fight that is on Youtube as far as I can tell. Hopefully the fight with Wood hits Youtube soon.

YouTube - Tavoris Cloud vs Jake Rodriquez Boxing Full Fight KO

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tavoris Cloud

Funny I just finished watching this and was thinking about posting it.
    But since hardly anyone responded to the thread I did on him the other time I figured what for...

Anyway I posted this yesterday on him:

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Just wanted to create a thread with some fight results. For those who are interested and or might be looking for a fight result.
    • LH prospect and one of my fav. Tavoris Cloud continued his undefeated streak when he KO'd his opponent in 1. This guy can fight and I hope the quality of opposition moves up soon.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been watching Tavoris for a while the 1st fight of his I saw was vs. Dennis in 2006. My god did he look good and he continues to look good time after time. But as I said the quality of opposition needs to improve gradualy for him. It's time he fought someone with a good wining record.

Check this out amat.

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...tml#post438575

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah not sure of his competition but he certainly seems to have the skills and in a division like 175, a guy with power can run straight to the top as the division isn't so stacked with young guys anymore, Diaconu proved that. He's definitely one to look out for, I usually catch on to these guys sooner but good call on him, he seems like a can't miss quality guy.

Also, I like alot of the people on that list. Obviously Ward, JML, Mares and those guys, but also guys like Urbano Antillon and Jonathan Banks. Banks is already very battle tested, bit of an awkward guy but he does have that boxing IQ where even if he's hurt, he knows exactly what he has to do at all times. Had a tough time with Eliseo Castillo and ever since I've been impressed.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Yeah not sure of his competition but he certainly seems to have the skills and in a division like 175, a guy with power can run straight to the top as the division isn't so stacked with young guys anymore, Diaconu proved that. He's definitely one to look out for, I usually catch on to these guys sooner but good call on him, he seems like a can't miss quality guy.

Also, I like alot of the people on that list. Obviously Ward, JML, Mares and those guys, but also guys like Urbano Antillon and Jonathan Banks. Banks is already very battle tested, bit of an awkward guy but he does have that boxing IQ where even if he's hurt, he knows exactly what he has to do at all times. Had a tough time with Eliseo Castillo and ever since I've been impressed.
    right on amat, the Banks-Castillo fight was a sweet as fight.
    Banks showed smarts, courage and skill to comeback from that. Castillos only loss prior to that was to Wladdy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yusaf Mack is getting back in the ring on Sunday the 6th at LH. Could be a good fight for Cloud in the future to fight MACK, but dont see him coming out alive against Yusaf..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by barron71 View Post
    Yusaf Mack is getting back in the ring on Sunday the 6th at LH. Could be a good fight for Cloud in the future to fight MACK, but dont see him coming out alive against Yusaf..

Since all your posts have been about Mack so far...I got a question...

ARE YOU MACK ?!?!?!?!?!?

Seriously...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha No

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha No

I don't believe you...

Just kidding...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yusaf not consistent and someone like Tavoris could make for an interesting fight. I'd def. favor Tavoris if they met especially seeing as we don't know how Yusaf will fair at 175 against good comp.

Thread Information