Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Molitor - Beltran this Saturday

Molitor defends his IBF Super Bantamweight belt against Fernando Beltran Jr. this Sat.
    Does anybody have any information about Beltran Jr.? I've never seen him fight. How much of a threat does he pose to Molitor? His loss against Guzman is nothing to be ashamed of, but that MD loss to 30-11-1 Dianzo doesn't reflect well on Beltran Jr.
    The fight is being shown live on TSN in Canada, but I'm not sure if it's being shown outside the country. I really like Molitor, probably because he's the only decent Canadian fighter not from Quebec.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Molitor - Beltran this Saturday

Anyone have any info about Beltran?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know CFH...

Maybe you'll find some info. here....

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...announced.html

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I don't know CFH...

Maybe you'll find some info. here....

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...announced.html
    LOL, nice. I guess that shows me. I probably still owe you that rep.
    It should be a good fight, I'm looking forward too it. It seems like Molitor is gradually increasing his level of competition, he should be ready to challenge some big names fairly soon; I'd like to see him face someone like De Leon or Bautista soon. How do you think he'd do against De Leon or even Cabellero, think he's ready for that kinda of step up? I know I don't want to see him in with Marquez or Vasquez yet, unless they've completey ruined eachother.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Style wise I think he beats DPDL his style is all wrong for DPDL.
    Molitors looked really good and judging from the actual fights and quality of opposition I must say he's done exceptionally well.

I mean Hunter, Ndlovu and 3K Battery is no easy task.
    (I consider the 'Piolo' Castillo fight a gimmie)

For someone whos just captured a title late 2006 and to have those names already under the Wins colum speaks volumes.

The Caballero fight would be such a great fight. I mean it, both of their styles would make for a fight where you could flip a coin to decide the winer. I will say that Caballeros previous 2 performances vs. Lacierva and Castillo he's looked shitty! and lathargic. He comes out like that vs. Molitor and hes getting his ass kicked.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Molitors looked really good and judging from the actual fights and quality of opposition I must say he's done exceptionally well.

For someone whos just captured a title late 2006 and to have those names already under the Wins colum speaks volumes.

The Caballero fight would be such a great fight. I mean it, both of their styles would make for a fight where you could flip a coin to decide the winer. I will say that Caballeros previous 2 performances vs. Lacierva and Castillo he's looked shitty! and lathargic. He comes out like that vs. Molitor and hes getting his ass kicked.
    It's interesting that you would say that about Castillo, I remember the post-fight interview of the Castillo fight - Molitor said something to the effect of Castillo being a much better fighter than 3K Battery. What has impressed me about Molitor since the Hunter fight (I haven't seen his previous ones) is the way in which he's winning, except for the missed KD against 3K, it's been near total domination.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

It's interesting that you would say that about Castillo, I remember the post-fight interview of the Castillo fight - Molitor said something to the effect of Castillo being a much better fighter than 3K Battery. What has impressed me about Molitor since the Hunter fight (I haven't seen his previous ones) is the way in which he's winning, except for the missed KD against 3K, it's been near total domination.
    'Piolo' Castillo is more awckward then anything. He's got a style where you have to hit him with your stool and the hammer they use to ring the bell with in order to drop him. But as far as skill he's very limited.

This is the same style that cause Caballero problems very early in their fight.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

'Piolo' Castillo is more awckward then anything. He's got a style where you have to hit him with your stool and the hammer they use to ring the bell with in order to drop him. But as far as skill he's very limited.

Castillo took a ton of shots from Molitor in their fight and he just kept coming forward, he never even seemed hurt.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo took a ton of shots from Molitor in their fight and he just kept coming forward, he never even seemed hurt.
    That's his style.
    He tries to impose himself on his opponents.

I would say that within 2 more fights I'd like to see Molitor move up to Feather and give it a go at capturing a title there.
    Could you imagine fights vs. Luevano, Linares.
    Would love to see him beat the shit out of John.
    "The Dragon".... My ass, he's more like a fucken lizard.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's his style.
    He tries to impose himself on his opponents.

I would say that within 2 more fights I'd like to see Molitor move up to Feather and give it a go at capturing a title there.
    Could you imagine fights vs. Luevano, Linares.
    Would love to see him beat the shit out of John.
    "The Dragon".... My ass, he's more like a fucken lizard.
    As long as Marquez and Vasquez are at superfeather I want him to stay there, I'd like to see Molitor measured against that type of opposition in a few fights if he continues to progress the way his is. I'm not sure he would have the skills to beat one of them unless they were badly declined, but I think he hypothetically at least could and I'd like to see if he could do it.

Thread Information