Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: what was the hardest thing about starting boxing for you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hardest bit of boxing

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: hardest bit of boxing

what got me into boxing?
    being violent. i like to hurt people if i dont like them, all seems like a damn good idea to me! and then because ive been fighting through various types of martial arts etc or on the pavement all my life. boxing which is only full contact seemsed like a logical step to me!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing's about hurts w/ style. I've had my share of scraps on the pavement, how many other people can brag and say they tangled with a crazy Mongolian TKD, a freak'n blood nuts street fighter who wrote "Smile N'gger" on his gloves. I love fight'n, in boxing alot of my training, and research is to develope Knockout power. Following Rocky Marciano's example, my goal is to hurt the other guy, to get'im outta there. I'm starting to write a heavy paper on how to develope a Knockout Edge in boxing, I'll post it when I'm done with it.

By the way, how's your prep for the big fight coming along? n'How's the big boys treat'n ya?
    You just better kick this dude's ass, if you have any q's you know where to find us.

Cheers,

Rocky
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think boxing is really hard at all if you really really enjoy it and you feel really dedicated to it. You can't wait to train and thats how I feel everyday. I might feel achy and sore some days but at least I know I'm doing what I'm doing because of the love of the sport. I knew boxing was gonna hurt - thats a given, so I was never really too scared to spar with anyone. Everyone gets a little nervous though I dont care who you are. I hear this alot though, but I also seem to pick this stuff up pretty quick and I always practice shit for form and for power while always remembering defense. Seeing things like that just motivates me and makes me believe even more that my natural love for all the hard work that i put into the gym is proof that I was created for this.

But I've only been boxing for 8 months so... Hey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the run up is going good, i dont have any weight problems and im not so nervous.
    my coach has been putting me in the rign with guys who would beat me in the first round and getting me to spar with them. they go full contact and dont hold anything back, and hes actually scoring it too. im not nervous cause i faced things far worse than him in the ring.
    how about his, im a pretty toney fan and was thinking, i could have "lights" written on my left glove and "out" on my right glove. i can see the fight coming to an end with a breif "lights" "lights" "out"!

Thread Information