Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowe vs Golota I aftermath question...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bowe vs Golota I aftermath question...

I've finally seen the fight and the mayhem that came after the disqualification...
    And I just wanted to know if there were any consequences and if yes what they were...I mean were any of the rioters charged with a crime or did some heads roll from whoever was in charge for security...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bowe vs Golota I aftermath question...

Some of them got arrested. I don't know if they were charged though. Jim Lampley's daughter was missing, and Lou Duva almost died.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    I've finally seen the fight and the mayhem that came after the disqualification...
    And I just wanted to know if there were any consequences and if yes what they were...I mean were any of the rioters charged with a crime or did some heads roll from whoever was in charge for security...

Officers looked back at the tapes and arrested about 20+. Including Bowes body guard as well i believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    Some of them got arrested. I don't know if they were charged though. Jim Lampley's daughter was missing, and Lou Duva almost died.
    Jim Lampley was pretty shocked recommending Foreman for a medal for saving him (and Larry)from harm...whereas Larry was as cool as ever... Crazy stuff...

Hidden Content

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Officers looked back at the tapes and arrested about 20+. Including Bowes body guard as well i believe.

I was really shocked about the lack of security...Just comparing Lewis vs Tyson with this...I mean if they had a fraction of their security this wouldn't happened...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember seeing that live and man,I was so disgusted.No security and an absolute free for all....just alot of thugs jumping people and some seriously brutal s!!!.

The one thing that sticks with me Is The announce team and George Foreman standing there saying Saying "No son...Dont do that son...dont do it son ......." He was mostly off camera but I think he was basically shielding Merchant and Lampley.

A good case In point as to what an Influence the entourages and hanger-on's of the fighters can have in a professional contest.No need for 10-15 Rah-rah friends and belt carriers to be allowed in the ring at once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    A good case In point as to what an Influence the entourages and hanger-on's of the fighters can have in a professional contest.No need for 10-15 Rah-rah friends and belt carriers to be allowed in the ring at once.
    This is a rule that should definitely be changed. There is no reason for dozens of people to be storming a ring when a fight ends.

The cornermen, the promoter, 1 or 2 family members.. I don't have a problem with them.

But there's no reason for the ring to be overflowing with people as soon as the fight ends. I've seen too many situations where a fighter gets knocked out, and the ring doctor has a hard time even looking at the hurt fighter, because there's a swarm of hangers-on who are flooding the ring and stumbling all over the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jim Lampley was pretty shocked recommending Foreman for a medal for saving him (and Larry)from harm...whereas Larry was as cool as ever... Crazy stuff...

I think we all forget Larry is down for an all out in arena brawl ......All I remember hearing in the mic out of Foreman is "You don't want to do that son...Son you better step back son...I am telling you don't want to come over here"....I think whoever it was made the right choice not too

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oK2BLeYprfg

I think Rock Newman was fined big....Wasn't Rock eventually sespended from boxing?
    Last edited by DaxxKahn; 04-08-2008 at 03:37 AM.
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That Merchant clip is obviously a classic, but does anyone actually know who that guy was and what created that whole situation? I'd love to know.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    That Merchant clip is obviously a classic, but does anyone actually know who that guy was and what created that whole situation? I'd love to know.
    It was after Daniel Zargoza beat Wayne McCullough. I didn't see the fight, just remembering hearing it was contraversial. That guy was just some McCullough fan saying he was robbed.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They had to have had a prior run in.Merchant was about to go street style and get all crazy uncle on him.The funny thing is Zaragoza...he just looks at the ground,No 'surprise' with Interruption

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post

I think we all forget Larry is down for an all out in arena brawl ......All I remember hearing in the mic out of Foreman is "You don't want to do that son...Son you better step back son...I am telling you don't want to come over here"....I think whoever it was made the right choice not too

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oK2BLeYprfg
    I think Rock Newman was fined big....Wasn't Rock eventually sespended from boxing?
    Would have loved to see big George wail into some of those deluded punks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On legandary nights, one of Bowes body guards said that he was arrested and it ruined his chance of becoming a police officer.

Which is good, because it was the dick that ran into the ring and hit Golota in the head with a walkie talky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sadly another boxing black eye. A heavweight title fight is the center piece of boxing. What should have been a great fight and a massive promotion for the sport turned into a disgrace. Golota, both entourages, the security and a portion of the fans did boxing yet another dis-service
    'To speak with his equal and irish man is forced to talk with God...'

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It would take a brave man to advance on Big George.
    Matter of fact had it happened we would have seen the biggest punch of the night!

I remeber a mateof mine said the fioghts in the Graden during and after Judah/Cotto were nearly as bad.

Said a heap of Brooklynites walked in shoving peole on the way to their seats. The Rican's were having none of it and things kicked off.

Thread Information