Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Any fans of white collar boxing?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Any fans of white collar boxing?

Tony Tucker was in Morecambe last Friday night as a guest for the latest White Collar Boxing event.

Highlights of the event can be seen at White-collar Boxing at The Carleton - Morecambe Today

Any comments welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Any fans of white collar boxing?

No Spamming!!
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Untried Novices" ? Over here we call those toughman contests...........Or bar fights.

Sorry I missed The opportunity to meet Mike Tysons Sparring partner though..Lee something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    No Spamming!!
    Sorry, wasn't meaning it to seem like I was spamming.

I videoed the event, and edited it all as well. I just thought I would get as many people to look at it as possible. Just thought some people may be interested. If not, apologies.

I'm not saying the quality of the fighters was particularly good, far from it.

However, all money raised for the night (and it was a sell out) goes to charity, helping the Lancaster and Morecambe Childrens Holiday of a Lifetime Society, so it was all for a good cause.

Morecambe isn't the most famous, and certainly not the most glamorous town in the UK, so Tony Tucker coming here was quite a big thing for the local fight fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Banners80 View Post
    No Spamming!!

I videoed the event, and edited it all as well. I just thought I would get as many people to look at it as possible. Just thought some people may be interested. If not, apologies.

However, all money raised for the night (and it was a sell out) goes to charity, helping the Lancaster and Morecambe Childrens Holiday of a Lifetime Society, so it was all for a good cause.

Morecambe isn't the most famous, and certainly not the most glamorous town in the UK, so Tony Tucker coming here was quite a big thing for the local fight fans.

No worries mate...Just when we get someone here who in their first post puts up a link for an event what else is there to think?.....In the future you ever get anything like that and it is for charity and I stress for charity...contact me on the front page and I can do a little something to help show the good cause of the event
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got to say Ive been to one or two as a guest, and enjoyed. They never let it get out of hand, the Refs are on the Ball and keep a firm hand. All in All they are good nights and raise money for Charity no harm done.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony Tucker was in Morecambe last Friday night as a guest for the latest White Collar Boxing event.

Highlights of the event can be seen at White-collar Boxing at The Carleton - Morecambe Today

Any comments welcome.
    Alright they mate!You made a really good Thread there mate.I went to watch the video that was included in it,but the boardcasting of it was a bit unclear so im going to have a view of it later and hopefully the reception is better.Yeah im a big fan of White Collar Boxing mate.Im would'mt mind in taking part in it myself sometime soon when i get back to 100% fitness!I love to watch all levels of boxing,after all the great sport of boxing is a art form.
    Dont forget to watch the New Prizefighter Competion that's Live on Sky Sports1 tomorrow night at 9:30 from the famous YORK HALL in London.Have a browes on the U.K boxing Thread for more details mate!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No Spamming!!

No worries mate...Just when we get someone here who in their first post puts up a link for an event what else is there to think?.....In the future you ever get anything like that and it is for charity and I stress for charity...contact me on the front page and I can do a little something to help show the good cause of the event
    Thanks mate, will do. There should be another coming up later in the year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post

Any comments welcome.
    Alright they mate!You made a really good Thread there mate.I went to watch the video that was included in it,but the boardcasting of it was a bit unclear so im going to have a view of it later and hopefully the reception is better.Yeah im a big fan of White Collar Boxing mate.Im would'mt mind in taking part in it myself sometime soon when i get back to 100% fitness!I love to watch all levels of boxing,after all the great sport of boxing is a art form.
    Dont forget to watch the New Prizefighter Competion that's Live on Sky Sports1 tomorrow night at 9:30 from the famous YORK HALL in London.Have a browes on the U.K boxing Thread for more details mate!
    Where abouts are you from mate? The next event round here is later in the year, October/November time. The exact date is not yet confirmed.

If you can get yourself in shape then you should get involved. Was a great atmosphere last Friday night.

I'm pleased you appreciated the thread, I was unsure about the kind of comments I would get. A lot of people look down on white collar Boxing and I was expecting a lot of negative comments to be honest.

I'm like you, I love Boxing, whatever level, and even though the majority of the fighters are not exactly the most talented Boxers, it doesn't matter to me. As long as they give it their all. thats all thats important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright they mate!Im from Hartlepool(North-East,Monkey Hanging land).I agree that as long as the event is conducted and promoted right it will be fine for White Collar Boxing!I also agree to what you mentioned that it's great when the boxer give it their all!You should watch the New Heavyweight Prizefighter Competition that is live on Sky Sports1 tonight from 9:30.Their's a lad who is fighting called David Dolan(He's Unbeaten in 7 fights)He's from Sunderland but he's stabled in my local town of Hartlepool.He is favourate to win and is 3-1 at the bookmakers.Im going to put a £5 on him later.
    Last edited by yvonne; 04-11-2008 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is getting big out here in Asia with a big event on May 9th in Singapore followed by Hong Kong on the 22nd Aug then Shanghai then Singapore in October then Sydney. There is also a site dedicated to it at boxingwhitecollar.com

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am down for the boxing banker getting beat.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Thread Information