Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: " Easy for Cotto and Hard for Cintron "......

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default " Easy for Cotto and Hard for Cintron "......

Mix Prediction , Well Cotto should win easily and Cintron probably have a hard time , if the results in this night in Atlantic City would depend of the experts commentators opinions and not of judges , Miguel Cotto will win by KO and Cintron will get a Draw with Margarito.......

I'm Sharing this with all of you , because 4 experts commentators was interviewed , 2 think that Cintron can retain his World Title because he getting better since the first fight with Margarito , while the other 2 think that Margarito is more Superior than Cintron..........
    By the way nobody think that Cotto could fail in retain his World Title....
    1- Mario Rivera Martino Journal and expert Analyst commented; " I think that this going be the most easiest fight that Cotto ever had in the latest years. The all opponents that came at a limit with Cotto , are all very Superior than Gomez , i don't anticipate that Gomez remain more of 3 or 4 rounds "...........

2- Felix Trinidad Sr. commented; Either he think that Gomez remain as much and shouldn't pass of 5th or 6th round.........
    " I know that Experts doesn't give Gomez an opportunity and i don't think that have it , there's no little enemy , but i don't have to say it , Cotto should have be prepare and ready "............

3- Freddie Trinidad Veteran Trainer commented; " I think that Cotto should have to end the fight no more last of round 10 "........
    " About Margarito vs Cintron rematch , seems that will be the most even fight , Cintron got astonishingly better since the first fight between both , but the power punch of Cintron , unquestionably , is Superior than the Margarito. I think that Margarito pass his Prime "Peak" and Cintron can take advantage on that . Cintron should win by KO , but if the fight arrive to a limit , Margarito probably win"...........
    Although Felix Trinidad Sr. and Jose Bonilla Trainer see in Margarito a Superior boxer than Cintron........

4-" I don't see a way that Cintron could win to Margarito by UD even by KO.....Why i say this? because in the first fight everything went just for one side , commented Trinidad Sr. who would like see Cintron Winning , but think that Margarito is more strong ".......
    Jose Bonilla Trainer Commented; I will choose Margarito to win , in the way that he dominated in the first fight , though Cintron has something that in any moment can change the panorama and is his power punch "....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: " Easy for Cotto and Hard for Cintron "......

I'm going with Margarito over Cintron, again.

Obviously, Cintron is better and more mature this time around, but it's not like the last fight was remotely close. What I mean is that Cintron would have to be 3 times the fighter this time around that he was in their first bout, and while I do realize that Cintron is better now than he was, I just don't think he's that much better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bet Cintron too , if he take advantage of his power punch with outboxing more technically and counterpunching Margarito offensive i think that Cintron will win......

El Kabong Guest

Miguel Cotto has the easier opponent HOWEVER Alfonso Gomez has heart and he has improved over his last couple of fights. I think if Miguel comes into the fight in the wrong frame of mind he could easily be upset. I don't want that to happen, and I hope all the stuff with Evangilista is not affecting him and I hope he doesn't push for the KO, I hope he works towards it and let's the events unfold without pressing.

Cintron has a better trainer in his corner and I think he's matured a bit...sure Margarito is a tough guy but I think Cintron will BOX better than last time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Miguel Cotto has the easier opponent HOWEVER Alfonso Gomez has heart and he has improved over his last couple of fights. I think if Miguel comes into the fight in the wrong frame of mind he could easily be upset. I don't want that to happen, and I hope all the stuff with Evangilista is not affecting him and I hope he doesn't push for the KO, I hope he works towards it and let's the events unfold without pressing.

Cintron has a better trainer in his corner and I think he's matured a bit...sure Margarito is a tough guy but I think Cintron will BOX better than last time.
    I agree Lyle , , I know that he going take this fight with calm , he is known like a guy that finish his opponents with calm and concentration , if he see a chance obviously he going take it , he don't underestimate Gomez , he knows that everybody want his head and have to be Ready for that ..................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know how Kermit is supposed to be better since the last Margarito fight. He may be more improved skill wise, but he showed his mental fragility against Feliciano, and though he won, sure looked like he was crumbling under the pressure of a c- fighter. He looked like he was wanting to exit the building several times. He was having trouble mentally with a guy who could, granted, take alot of shots, but who's offense is seriously lacking{and that's being kind}.

I don't know if Margo can take as many shots as Feliciano took, but I do know he is rugged enough and actually, unlike Jesse, knows how to put punches together and finish a guy. Cintron better get Margo out of there in 4 or 5 rounds, or he's going to need his kleenex again.

I actually hope Cintron can show he's grown mentally. I was a big fan up until that farce with Margarito the 1st time around. He has alot of tools and can be great for boxing, but if you don't have it mentally, you better find another sport. A classic example is Feliciano. He sucks, as far as any skill, but you won't make that guy quit. Until I see otherwise, Cintron's just a hard mouthed cur.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont see how Cotto can lose to Gomez. I like Gomez, but he is going to be outclassed in this fight. I think he needs at least another 5 fights before he is really ready for someone like Cotto. I think this is a no win fight for Cotto, if he KO's him early he was suppose to but if it goes to a decision he will get knocked for it. I dont think Gomez will get any respect win or lose, it will be blamed on Cotto for either not winning the right way or for losing to Gomez.

Cintron has the tools to be Margo. It will depend on if he will mentally let himself win.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think it'll be as easy as most think for Cotto tonight. I see a stoppage around the 10th, but I'm sure there'll be difficult moments if Cotto loses concentration at any time.

Margarito will destroy Cintron tonight. I think Kermit should have stuck with the Williams fight to be honest. Cntron always seems like a guy that lacks confidence in his ability. He always looks nervous to me and if Tony starts to land consistantly, he'll break his heart and his resistance. I honestly don't see any way in which Cintron can win. Margo has an iron chin.

El Kabong Guest

Cintron has big power the problem is with his psyche...if Margarito gets in his head then he's in big trouble.

Cotto is usually a victim of his own aggression...he blindly drives in straight forward at times and of course he gets rocked from doing that. Cotto is at his best when someone is throwing punches and he's able to counter or he's able to stalk someone down using angles. If Cotto hurts someone then they are in for a long night, all I can advise Gomez to do is to breathe through his nose so his jaw doesn't get busted all to hell

Thread Information