Thread: Upset gomez over cotto!!!!!!!?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Upset gomez over cotto!!!!!!!?

The only upset will be the people upset cause Gomez got his ass kicked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don't see Cotto losing this one. If it was against Margarito, then I would have reservations.

I think he takes out Gomez in 8.

He is gonna pot shot Gomez while taking away his body. Gomez will be competitive for the first few, but Cotto will wear him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well cotto is yet to really face a natural welterweight yet so im a little cautious about saying cotto will win. Im kinda getting a little bit of a kostya tszyu vs phillips vibe. Phillps was use to fighting bigger guys and kostya didnt take him as seriously as he should of...im thinking this could be an upset.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

gomez is the bigger guy going into the ring, but lacks the experince and skill, cotto should win but it'll be a long hard night, gomez has gained in confidence from his last couple of outtings and can take a decent punch

i feel a points win or late stoppage for cotto..............thats if cotto has taken the fight seriously ( keep hearing how he hasn't but he's never seemed that way ) if not a upset could easly happen

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by snakey View Post
    Well cotto is yet to really face a natural welterweight yet so im a little cautious about saying cotto will win. Im kinda getting a little bit of a kostya tszyu vs phillips vibe. Phillps was use to fighting bigger guys and kostya didnt take him as seriously as he should of...im thinking this could be an upset.
    Snake you say Cottos never fought a natural Welter what do you consider Urkal and Quintana? Just curious...

El Kabong Guest

....ummm SHANE MOSLEY

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Snake you say Cottos never fought a natural Welter what do you consider Urkal and Quintana? Just curious...
    Not to mention Mosley who is in no way a natural lightweight, has been fighting for almost 10 years at 147 or above now.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    ....ummm SHANE MOSLEY
    Mosley was at his best at Lightweight but yes that is not his natural weight, Quintana is natural Welterweight he has spent most of his career at Welterweight i believe. And Urkal is a natural Jr Welterweight he spent majority of his career at that weight.

El Kabong Guest

So Oscar De la Hoya is a natural Super Featherweight/Lightweight If Mosley is a "natural" lightweight then so is De la Hoya.

Mosley hadn't beaten anyone or had any mega fights before he moved up to 147

ICB Guest

So Oscar De la Hoya is a natural Super Featherweight/Lightweight If Mosley is a "natural" lightweight then so is De la Hoya.

Mosley hadn't beaten anyone or had any mega fights before he moved up to 147
    If your directing that at me then you obviously didn't read my post properly you need to read it again. I said Mosley was at his best at Lightweight but that isn't his natural weight.

El Kabong Guest

Shane won titles at 147 and 154 vs Oscar De la Hoya when Shane was past his best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I stand corrected, give ya some rep mate But urkal isnt, he fought a jr welterweight and well mosely he has been at 154 for the last couple of yrs meaning he had to drop weight to fight cotto. So i mean he hasnt really fought a guy whos consitently at welter but you got me with quintana, i forgot about him.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

ICB Guest

Shane won titles at 147 and 154 vs Oscar De la Hoya when Shane was past his best
    I would pick the Mosley who fought ODLH in there first meeting over the current Miguel Cotto.

El Kabong Guest

Well Miguel Cotto isn't a "natural" welterweight by your standards so give the guy a freaking break

ICB Guest

Well Miguel Cotto isn't a "natural" welterweight by your standards so give the guy a freaking break
    Lyle what are you talking about ?? Cotto was weak and drained at Jr Welterweight. Its obvious Cotto is much stronger and has much better punch resistance at Welterweight meaning he is for certain natural Welterweight.

Thread Information